Easy Fix for Feints

• I have 200+ hours, rank 36, and I’m in Mensa.

The quickest and easiest way to fix feints is to make them a static quick feint and removing the ability to delay them. Delaying feints is the real problem where people have to guess and can’t legitimately react. People can actually react to quick feints. Thumbs up if you agree.

• This is definitely a solution I’d be in favor of. There are many, but this would work and it shouldn’t be hard to implement.

Although, 1 handed feints would still have issues. They’re so fast to begin with most of the time, all it takes is a flash. I don’t think one handers should have offensive feints honestly.

• @The:

This is definitely a solution I’d be in favor of.

Wow! 8-)

@The:

1 handed feints would still have issues. They’re so fast to begin with most of the time, all it takes is a flash.

Some of those quick 1handers are tough even without feints.

• Didn’t Avallac at one point say all K7 thought feint didn’t need to be changed? :P

• @Genocide:

I have 200+ hours, rank 36, and I’m in Mensa.

The quickest and easiest way to fix feints is to make them a static quick feint and removing the ability to delay them. Delaying feints is the real problem where people have to guess and can’t legitimately react. People can actually react to quick feints. Thumbs up if you agree.

This wasn’t really a suggestion worthy of a new thread, IMO. This kind of thing has been suggested a lot, but it really destroys the purpose of feints.

• @NabsterHax:

@Genocide:

This wasn’t really a suggestion worthy of a new thread, IMO. This kind of thing has been suggested a lot, but it really destroys the purpose of feints.

The purpose of a feint is to misdirect the enemy into blocking early.

The purpose would not change, merely the ease at which one use it to accomplish said purpose.

• @Martin:

Didn’t Avallac at one point say all K7 thought feint didn’t need to be changed? :P

I’m pretty sure his exact words were something along the lines of, “K7 stance on the issue is L2P noob”… Of course, “L2P noob” and “baddies” were littered throughout all of his posts.

• @NabsterHax:

This wasn’t really a suggestion worthy of a new thread, IMO.

It does because of the reasons in my first sentence.

@Martin:

Didn’t Avallac at one point say all K7 thought feint didn’t need to be changed? :P

@Slaughtervomit:

I’m pretty sure his exact words were something along the lines of, “K7 stance on the issue is L2P noob”

Find the post and we’ll get to the bottom of this together. :o

• I say remove feint completely then combat is perfectly skill-based like it was before the patch.

• @brewergamer:

I say remove feint completely then combat is perfectly skill-based like it was before the patch.

Feinting has been in since the game’s release. Why did you bother to make a new thread and comment on every other feinting thread to complain about it when you don’t even know anything about it.

• @NabsterHax:

@brewergamer:

I say remove feint completely then combat is perfectly skill-based like it was before the patch.

Feinting has been in since the game’s release. Why did you bother to make a new thread and comment on every other feinting thread to complain about it when you don’t even know anything about it.

No one used it before the patch and the game was FAR better for it. Now you can’t win a fight without using it. Now answer this, did I SPECIFICALLY SAY that feinting WASN’T in the game before the patch? Answer with a yes or a no.

• @brewergamer:

No one used it before the patch and the game was FAR better for it. Now you can’t win a fight without using it. Now answer this, did I SPECIFICALLY SAY that feinting WASN’T in the game before the patch? Answer with a yes or a no.

Did you even PLAY the game pre-patch? It was used all the time by good players. It’s just there are less noobs running around public servers today, and you didn’t keep up.

• @NabsterHax:

@brewergamer:

Did you even PLAY the game pre-patch? It was used all the time by good players. It’s just there are less noobs running around public servers today, and you didn’t keep up.

I’ve had the game since release, I used to play on the old free for all duel servers and not a single person I ever dueled used feint until after the patch.

• The patch nerfed feints ya big dummy

• @BB:

The patch nerfed feints ya big dummy

Then why does every kid use it? You are acting like not a single person uses feint ROFLMAO. Most people only win because of feints, actually probably over 90%.

• Because they hate you, and they know you don’t like feints

• @BB:

Because they hate you, and they know you don’t like feints

You just proved my point on how every immature player supports feint even further.

• Hey you asked buddy
    I gave you my best guess

The patch nerfed feinting, and there is no reason you would be experiencing more feints
    Unless they hate you and are trying to piss you off

That is the only answer

• @Genocide:

@Avallac:

l2p

• @Genocide:

I think this is not the ideal solution, because feints would only be somewhat effective when using fast weapons.

My suggestion is to make them a long static feint, so that you always perform the whole windup movement, but also add a delay before you can execute your follow up attack after feinting. This way feinting would force the enemy to parry almost 100% of the time, but you would never get a free hit, because the delay would give the enemy enough time to parry your follow up attack.