Initial Impressions - Post here!

• I just bought the game,it’s pretty epic so far,even though i can’t find any servers to play on.(Maybe because i live in Brazil? :? )
    I have been playing with bots for about 2 hours and i can safely say that i am enjoying the game so far!

The graphics are amazing,the attention to the details are really impressive and the shadows are very well-made,it really makes me feel that i’m on the battlefield.

The gameplay so far have been very pleasant the swordplay is intense,and it’s very fun to engage in some 1x1 duels!

The game has some bugs and glitches,but none of them have actually compromised my game.
    Just a few repairs here and there,and this game is basically my favorite.

Looking foward to play on some PvP servers! :D

• Hello!

Positive impressions:
    I love it! The melee combat is dynamic, brutal and fun. One of the most fun gaming experiences I ever had.

The ranged could need some work. It doesn’t feel too rewarding and is a bit unbalanced. If you have a spear through your stomach, why can you still move as normal? Should be quite painful indeed!

I really feel like there should be some small customization. Something with the helms, maybe some emblem on the chest. Something so that you can recognize your friends (or enemies).

Archers movement: Archers are really slow and can’t flee from anything. Knights should be slower than them but will catch them easily if an archer tries to flee from a knight.

How is it with fire? If you jump into water do you extinguish the flames?

Closing comment: Good work on the game guys! I am looking forward to see how you will be supporting and eventually developing this game.

• This game blows my mind!! It is soooo AMAZING!!!

Best sword combat game I have ever tried. And I am an old M&B/Warband gamer.

The Dev team just nailed the melee combat!!

I LOVE THE GAME!!!

• So far my impressions of the game are very positive, and it retains all the things I enjoyed about AoC while also bringing new elements to the table. The combat is very fluid, very easy to pick up but also packed with enough nuance and technique to reward players who try to learn it and keep things interesting.

The game is presently very playable and overall seems very stable, I’ve had one crash the first time I booted up the game but have since gone about six hours with no problems and smooth performance, and there are plenty of full servers to choose from. The game looks great, and lag and general performance issues have been minimal and my framerate is consistently high.

There are elements that could use some polish however, largely small superficial issues but ones that can none the less detract from the game for example. Namely, the system for joining other players through steam seems a bit buggy right now, and though the “can’t join” error message is clear enough to interpret, it’d be best to replace it as well.

On the hillside map I’d also recommend adding an objective marker to the bonfire rather than just the torches, as first time players to that map seem frequently at a loss with what to do and where to go in the first half of the map.

Also I think it’d be better if match status updates, on the time remaining in the match and also the progress of objectives, were displayed on screen more prominently-rather than integrated into the chat menu as they are at present.

These are all pretty minor issues however and numerous much larger companies release games far less polished and playable than this all the time, so you guys should be proud of putting out a fun, unique and well functioning product on day one.

• To be honest, at first I was a little unimpressed

About two minutes later I was smashing heads in and cringing every time I was hit.
    I LOVE THIS GAME!

sure it has a few bugs (I still can’t get on servers, Bots don’t like to leave spawn point) But I found them incredibly easy to look past and although, no I did not donate to the Kickstarter, It would definitely have been worth it.

• Greeetings Folks

I will not repeat , every goods points that were already pointed in the previous posts . I will just write what , in my opinion , is missing :

• Kill Cam , during the delay of respawn ( after dying so … ) would be nice to seen what happened and know how the hell you lose your head :p
    • Add a permanent key " crouch " , i know its possible to lock it , but the method isnt very clear
    • Allows 64 players servers ( for more fun )
    • More maps or maybe some maps patch is already in work ???

Regards

• I have played around 4 hours. I had fun, the combat mechanics are really cool. The classes are balanced and the maps are also nice. Different gamemodes are always a good thing.

Besides that, I can’t feel fully satisfied about this game. I lag from time to time, other players and me are teleporting. It’s weird because I don’t lag in other games and my computer can easily handle games most demanding than this one. From what I’ve heard about Chivalry’s predecessor, it has the same problems with lag. I guess I’ll just let my game alone in the steam game library and play to something else, even though I would love to play to this without any lag. I hope it will be fixed.

• The game is a lot of fun. Hitboxes are much better than AOC. Though archery is very difficult compared to AOC. At times it feels like i’m not even shooting my bow because I can’t see the arrow and its very inaccurate. It seems like the Crossbow and Bow lack consistent accuracy. I shoot one way and it hits…I shoot the same way and it misses (same lead, same range, against the same class moving the same speed). The bow is worse than the crossbow with this. Overall, projectile speed is too low and should be increased. Another thing, have you ever tried to hit somebody with a throwing axe? You can’t even see it when it leaves your hand. I’m not sure if this is caused by the over sized aimer or because they are literally invisible.

Melee combat is very good, but certain weapons worry me. The Warhammer and the Longswords go all the way around enemies and hit them from behind avoiding blocks completely.

Team Objective maps go by very fast. I feel like they don’t have very many objectives, so they don’t last long. I find myself playing the same maps over and over again in short amounts of time.

Other than that, just make sure you get all the bugs fixed like getting stuck on certain parts of the maps and not being able to change weapons while using a bow/crossbow.

• I walk all the way to another town to get the updated Monitor just for this game and when I start playing it.

Fucking awesome…

However, archer is bit less enjoyable to play as

• Initial impressions:

The new way of combat really has what TB promised us with ‘clashing steel’ and quick trades of blows. Chiv trades in the extreme speed of AoC for more tactics-based gameplay where you have to not only be faster, also smarter than your opponent.

A negative point is that 1v2 or even 1v3 is now almost impossible due to flinch and due to not being able to spin quickly while attacking. If you have 2 people with a 1h spamming you from different angles there is no way in hell you’re going to win unless you’re a MAA and can dodge away.

This makes group fights more about who is ganking who (Which can be seen as a teamplay element)

• @dragonfury:

A negative point is that 1v2 or even 1v3 is now almost impossible due to flinch and due to not being able to spin quickly while attacking. If you have 2 people with a 1h spamming you from different angles there is no way in hell you’re going to win unless you’re a MAA and can dodge away.

This makes group fights more about who is ganking who (Which can be seen as a teamplay element)

Maybe a matter of mouse sensitivity?

• @dragonfury:

Initial impressions:

The new way of combat really has what TB promised us with ‘clashing steel’ and quick trades of blows. Chiv trades in the extreme speed of AoC for more tactics-based gameplay where you have to not only be faster, also smarter than your opponent.

Point denied.

I’ve seen Jack Baldy do 5v1 and win, and I’ve personally done 4v1 ONCE, only once, and that was mainly luck based, but the other team was like

“Wow…nice.”

I was like “Yeah, that just happened, won’t again though.” :P

You can be an epic owner like you were in AoC once you adjust to the combat classes again. I do alot of ducks and dodging as Vanguard, 2 VS 1 is not an issue for me, 3v1 is where it becomes one, but if I’m in not a terrible spot on the map it is not to big an issue.

• The thing about AoC is, beating a group of random pubbers is completely different from beating a group of random pubbers in Chivalry.

Essentially, in AoC, if you know how to exploit the game mechanics, you are not playing the same game as the people playing as the developers intended. You are playing a much easier game which gives you every advantage. In Chivalry, even the most inexperienced player is playing the same game you are and following the same rules, because there are no silly mechanics to exploit except those presented to you in the tutorial.

So yes, fighting multiple enemies is harder in Chivalry, but it’s possible if you’re actually a good player, rather than just exploiting secret advantages the other players don’t understand.

• My first impressions of the game.

I was first referred to the game by a friend. He explained to me the game-play and how it all worked and I was quite interested… He decided to finally get Chivalry for me and I started to play yesterday.

The first few rounds I played were confusing, just like any other game. I started to get the hang of the game and got my first kills by slashing and spamming mouse-clicks at enemies. I did encounter multiple minor bugs, but other than that, the game is great. I’ve only clocked 4 hours so far, but i’m sure i’ll put in a few hundred more. :)

• I fell in love, as always before buying saw some gameplays on youtube, I was so fascinated that I bought it on steam 3 minutes later.

It’s a great game, I hope that you will continue working on the game, but never ever do them guns or muskets, because it would be like all the other games and this is unique.

google traductor.

• I will start by saying that I played quite a lot of Age of Chivalry and in comparison to that Chivalry Medieval Warfare is overall better but there is some problems and bugs.

The weapons seems balanced overall and some have been improved/given a more distinguished role (crossbow for example) but Javelin seems to have gone from op-ish to worthless.

So far I have only played TDM but I still love it as I had expected. With some polish here and there it will become a truly epic game! Definitely glad i bought it.

• This is somewhat of a late first impression.

I played the Age of Chivalry mod for a little while, never really got into it. It was fun, but it was too much on the clunky side for me to play for more than 30 minutes at a time.

I’m happy to say that this game is miles ahead. The movement feels great, good momentum, not too fast and not too slow. The swings have weight and the melee combat in general is amazing and unique. I have few gripes with the game. Some of the map objectives could use some closer looks as far as balance (3rd trebuchet on that one map).

One thing I’d like to say though is that there is a definite need for more maps. The maps are all amazing and the objectives are loads of fun, but I’ve been playing those same maps over and over and over, and I’m thirsting for more variety.

Otherwise, great game and I might even look at getting into the competitive community, which is uncommon for me to say.

• When I started the tutorial I was not impressed. No lips syncing, the accents seemed cheesy and the voice overs didnt match the subtitles. But I knew this was an indie game so ignored it. When I finally got to the online I was blown away. I cannot sit still while Im playing the game. So far my biggest issue is being unable to quickly switch weapons while using a cross bow. If you are aiming you cant swap to your secondary until you stop aiming and then switch. Other than that I’m waiting for some CTF, i havent seen any servers running it. I also want to see more customization options and perhaps in the future an actual co-op/group play campaign.

• I have now played Chivalry for a couple of days and I think it’s simply great.

First I noticed how beautiful the maps are. Then, when we rushed towards our objective and everyone shouted the battle cries, I could immediately feel the increase in adrenaline.

I’m still not very good at the game, but after practicing blocking a few hours, I now have a very good chance on surviving 1vs1 or even 2vs1. Rarely any first-person game gets me this excited (I’m more into strategy games).

There are still some bugs and the game sometimes crashes when refreshing the server list, but still, I give it 9/10. It’s really worth its price. :D

• I would probably post here saying how great the game is, sadly I have not been able to get past the torn banner studio picture because I get a udk.exe error.