Make 1handers slower

• It seems that 1handed weapons are hitting with 100% speed while 2handers are going slow motion.

Slow 1handed weapons down a bit so we can at least block some attacks. With any form of latency it’s impossible to block the 1handed spam.

• either that or they shouldn’t cause flinching.

• Yeah, and then make 2 handers deal less damage. Then we can all use the exact same weapons and everything will be fair and balanced.

• @c4ndlejack:

Yeah, and then make 2 handers deal less damage. Then we can all use the exact same weapons and everything will be fair and balanced.

Do you have a better idea or do you think it’s actually fine as it is? I’m not saying that they should be as slow as 2handed weapons.

• Don’t try to block every attack.

• @c4ndlejack:

Don’t try to block every attack.

I’m not going all defensive against one hand wielders since that never works. As I said blocking isn’t very effective. It’s not possible to keep up in any way with a 2handed weapon.

• I think you have to be more specific. There are some slow 1 handers as well as fast two handers.

And there’s a reason you get two melee weapons. You should absolutely switch to a faster weapon if your opponent has any ounce of skill.

• @c4ndlejack:

And there’s a reason you get two melee weapons. You should absolutely switch to a faster weapon if your opponent has any ounce of skill.

You see, there’s the problem. Why should I have to change weapon? The 2handed weapon should be far superior in a fight like this.

It’s hard to block 1handed weapon with 2handed weapon in chivalry. Realistically it should be the other way around.

A mini dagger wouldn’t have enough mass to efficiently block a heavy 2 handed weapon. Shouldn’t the short length also make it harder to block with you think?

• I think 2 handed weapons already have enough of an advantage in reach and damage.

If you take away the one advantage that 1 hand weapons have with speed why would anyone use them?

• @anetherus:

@c4ndlejack:

You see, there’s the problem. Why should I have to change weapon? The 2handed weapon should be far superior in a fight like this.

It’s hard to block 1handed weapon with 2handed weapon in chivalry. Realistically it should be the other way around.

A mini dagger wouldn’t have enough mass to efficiently block a heavy 2 handed weapon. Shouldn’t the short length also make it harder to block with you think?

You should have to change weapons because there shouldn’t be a single weapon that works for every situation. This is coming from it at a balance perspective, not a realism one. For realism, slow weapons should not be able to parry fast weapons and fast weapons should not be able to parry slow weapons. But that wouldn’t be fun at all.

Having one weapon handle every situation defeats the purpose of choosing a good load out. I think daggers need a buff since as a MAA I have no reason to ever use my secondary.

• I think the issue with 1Hers right now is their animation, not speed. The smaller weapons should be faster, but your blocking issue probably has more to do with the fact the weapon hitbox will be coming in 90 degrees to your right when the guy is LMBing in your face.

• 1h are no way weaker than 2h.
    You can 2 hit any class (except knight) with 1h and 2h.
    You can 3 hit knight with most 1h and 2h.

The 1h is far superior because of the huge hitbox area in the right hands
    Speed, supreme flinch ability and damage, they have it all

• @c4ndlejack:

You should have to change weapons because there shouldn’t be a single weapon that works for every situation. This is coming from it at a balance perspective, not a realism one. For realism, slow weapons should not be able to parry fast weapons and fast weapons should not be able to parry slow weapons. But that wouldn’t be fun at all.

Having one weapon handle every situation defeats the purpose of choosing a good load out. I think daggers need a buff since as a MAA I have no reason to ever use my secondary.

1handers are not balanced thats the problem. They are too good in too many ways.

People always say balance > realism when in fact realism is a good inspiration for balance. It’s a poor argument.

@c4ndlejack:

Having one weapon handle every situation defeats the purpose of choosing a good load out.

This is an argument against the op one handers. I’m asking for balance not nerfing to the ground.

• It is true that right now I am always more afreid with people with 1H weapons while it should be otherwise because every two-handed sword was a beast.

• @anetherus:

This is an argument against the op one handers. I’m asking for balance not nerfing to the ground.

Please be more specific. Daggers? Swords? Axes?

Fast weapons beat slow weapons in duels. That’s true even within two handed weapons. Slow weapons have one benefit, and that’s damage. The slowest weapons can usually one-shot classes, which is something one handers cannot do. You’re using them wrong if you’re trying to duel faster classes with them. You should let your teammates distract them and swoop in for a massive attack. Or use your giant slow weapon for keeping enemies away from an objective.

The game is balanced, but not for duels. So don’t ask for dueling nerfs.

• @anetherus:

either that or they shouldn’t cause flinching.

That would actually be a great compromise.

• @anetherus:

This is the best solution, imo. It makes sense that they would cause less flinching and it let lets 1handers remain quick but not show-stopping. This would force the attack spammers to parrying instead of mashing 1 button.

• @Tankcommander:

@anetherus:

That could only work if two handed weapons did decreased damage at close range.

• @c4ndlejack:

@Tankcommander:

@anetherus:

That could only work if two handed weapons did decreased damage at close range.

Hardly, since 1handers still can block faster than two handers. It would just discourage people running in and spamming them, like everyone’s doing now. Granted, a lot of that is due to the broken parry/shields, but the fact that 1hand cheese is so potent and common right now indicates how unbalanced they are right now.

• @Tankcommander:

@anetherus:

Stupid, no flinching so no MAA or Archer can kill a knight.

I guess if you want to nerf the classes to shit, have everyone leave and just have vanguards fighting knights.

Yeah great.