Something new for every class (again)

• I’ve been thinking what else could they add for every class that they haven’t added yet(in terms of weapons and etc.)?

I’ve come up with a few ideas that might be cool to add:

Dual-wielding for Man at arms (use a fists-style combat where you can’t block but you can aggressively attack)

“Whip” for Vanguard (a long-reach weapon with lower damage than most of the other vanguards weapons, I’m not sure how exactly the blocking would work unless you gave vanguard a shield for when they are using the whip.) Or maybe even a scythe-type weapon.

A two handed flail for knight.

Oh I just thought up something for archer! Perhaps a black-powder single-shot muzzle-loading rifle with a long reload but high damage and projectile travel speed.

• Dual-wielding
    No. It is extremely difficult to master two weapons of the same size simultaneously and it is extremely impractical in battle. The most frequent off-hand weapon was a dagger but it was used mainly in duel-like fighting and most often for parrying. Also it makes no sense not to be able to parry.

Whip
    Omg, why? What would it be good for? I know one can put in doubt what a sword can do against a knight in full plate armor, but… a whip??? It is like giving them cigarettes and hoping they will die of cancer.

Two handed flail
    It has been discussed already, but the flail (tool for threshing) is not a knight’s weapon really.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

Dual-wielding
    No. It is extremely difficult to master two weapons of the same size simultaneously and it is extremely impractical in battle. The most frequent off-hand weapon was a dagger but it was used mainly in duel-like fighting and most often for parrying. Also it makes no sense not to be able to parry.

Whip
    Omg, why? What would it be good for? I know one can put in doubt what a sword can do against a knight in full plate armor, but… a whip??? It is like giving them cigarettes and hoping they will die of cancer.

Two handed flail
    It has been discussed already, but the flail (tool for threshing) is not a knight’s weapon really.

Would still be neat to add the Two handed flail though.

• I’d like to hold my secondary weapon in my offhand. It doesn’t need to do anything other than a cooler two handed parry animation. There’s no reason to use secondary weapons as a MAA.

• Duel-wielding.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

Dual-wielding

Whip

Two handed flail

A whip was all I could think of to add for vanguard lol, I was trying to come up with something for every class EDIT: And I wanted to comment that this is chivalry, it wouldn’t be your usual lash-whip it would have barbs woven into it and it would indeed be deadly lol. But about the dual-wielding I think it’s a good idea and it would add diversity to the game.

• @c4ndlejack:

I’d like to hold my secondary weapon in my offhand. It doesn’t need to do anything other than a cooler two handed parry animation. There’s no reason to use secondary weapons as a MAA.

I really think dual-wielding attacking would be a cool idea, I mean alot of people like to fist-fight well imagine dual-wield fights. To me that sounds fun and it would add some much needed diversity to the game.

• I think a single shot rifle thing for the archer would take away the medieval feel. The rest seems okay though.

• Staff-sling for archers. Really long range and decent blunt damage. You don’t have the wind-up of the other slings but I suppose you could give it a lot of ammo to make it distinguished from the bows.

A war-pick (basically the backside of the warhammer). A melee weapon dealing piercing damage in a slashing motion.

• @brewergamer:

Lets look at it this way, in no way was there a such thing as a “two handed flail” back in medieval times. Even if that was implemented, there’s really no good way to block with a flail (Hents why you have a shield with a flail and can’t unequip the shield) and why there’s not a two handed flail in the first place.

• @MetalDevil19:

@brewergamer:

Lets look at it this way, in no way was there a such thing as a “two handed flail” back in medieval times. Even if that was implemented, there’s really no good way to block with a flail (Hents why you have a shield with a flail and can’t unequip the shield) and why there’s not a two handed flail in the first place.

Actually there was,it’s like a long staff. Here’s a few examples:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … y_0211.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … Bauern.jpg
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/ … _166_E.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … ssacre.jpg

Anyways, on the topic of dual-wielding. I am for it if it only goes for a smaller weapon in your offhand. Like someone said, your secondary weapons as a MAA. Or just daggers. What you would do with that weapon is blocking (at least all attacks coming from your left), and if you use your Alt slash, you’d swing your offhand weapon instead, I’d say.

And talking about guns, they would probably look like this in medieval times:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8743/hussites1.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-y7G7QyuHETw/T … gunner.jpg