FIX SPRINT + chase

• Who’s idea is it to have sprint disable itself whenever you change directions? Jesus christ. How many times have i died because I bumped into something and lost speed, and ended up crawling slower than a snail?

Also, please make the chase speed boost automatic within x range of a target. Putting the reticule on the target is stupid and you don’t wanna do it half the time anyway (i assume that it’s the chase mechanic that’s responsible for that inexplicable speed boost that triggers all of a sudden).

• @hamster:

Who’s idea is it to have sprint disable itself whenever you change directions? Jesus christ. How many times have i died because I bumped into something and lost speed, and ended up crawling slower than a snail?

I do hope they are fixing this in the next patch, it has to be one of the most annoying things.

@hamster:

Also, please make the chase speed boost automatic within x range of a target. Putting the reticule on the target is stupid and you don’t wanna do it half the time anyway (i assume that it’s the chase mechanic that’s responsible for that inexplicable speed boost that triggers all of a sudden).

Well if you don’t have someone targetted how can you be within x range of a target.

You shouldn’t get a speed boost just because two vanguards are flanking close to you and you want to run out of there. And you should only get the boost facing a target full on.

• @hamster:

Well if you don’t have someone targetted how can you be within x range of a target.

You shouldn’t get a speed boost just because two vanguards are flanking close to you and you want to run out of there. And you should only get the boost facing a target full on.

If enemies are within x range and at something like 180 degrees in front then you should get the boost. This way you can’t turn tail and run with the chase boost.

• Turn off toggle sprint and hold the button down. Like every other FPS game. Then there is no interruptions and you get far more control.

• @lemonater47:

Turn off toggle sprint and hold the button down. Like every other FPS game. Then there is no interruptions and you get far more control.

This is a disappointingly non-constructive post. There’s an issue with a functionality - it should be fixed. It’s like saying to someone who thinks feints are broken, “Then don’t use feints.”

However, the chase idea is Really Bad. If you’re charging someone with the chase mechanic this would allow you to turn and make use of footwork with the chase boost. That’s awful. 180 degrees is plenty of leeway for that. If it was, say, 10 degrees centered on the crosshair, yeah, okay. But right now works fine.

• lol doesn’t the chase mechanic suggestion mean you’ll never catch up to anyone? If you get a speed boost from chasing someone, they’ll be getting the same boost by running away from you.

• @c4ndlejack:

lol doesn’t the chase mechanic suggestion mean you’ll never catch up to anyone? If you get a speed boost from chasing someone, they’ll be getting the same boost by running away from you.

Well, yes, but not if it took effect on enemies to your front 180 degrees.

• @NikolaiLev:

@lemonater47:

Turn off toggle sprint and hold the button down. Like every other FPS game. Then there is no interruptions and you get far more control.

This is a disappointingly non-constructive post. There’s an issue with a functionality - it should be fixed. It’s like saying to someone who thinks feints are broken, “Then don’t use feints.”

However, the chase idea is Really Bad. If you’re charging someone with the chase mechanic this would allow you to turn and make use of footwork with the chase boost. That’s awful. 180 degrees is plenty of leeway for that. If it was, say, 10 degrees centered on the crosshair, yeah, okay. But right now works fine.

Temporary fix I was thinking.

And yes the second chase idea is bad.

• @lemonater47:

Ah, yes, that would be a temporary fix. Though, as I recall, even hold-sprinting gets disabled. I know for a fact the sprint animation gets disabled sometimes, so even though you’re moving at sprint speed your weapon moves like you’re jogging.

Minor bug, though.

• @NikolaiLev:

@lemonater47:

Ah, yes, that would be a temporary fix. Though, as I recall, even hold-sprinting gets disabled. I know for a fact the sprint animation gets disabled sometimes, so even though you’re moving at sprint speed your weapon moves like you’re jogging.

Minor bug, though.

It gets disabled far less often. You can run into a wall and keep sprinting usually so times you do stop sprinting, and you can change direction while sprinting using the other directional buttons and it never stop sprinting. The animation bugs out sometimes but your still moving at spring speed. So no biggie.

Though I would think running into a wall should stop you sprinting.

Also gives you more control with the vanguard. You just let to of the button and left click attack almost at the same time. So you won’t lunge at them. And you don’t need to reach over and push a button and do it.

• @lemonater47:

It gets disabled far less often. You can run into a wall and keep sprinting usually so times you do stop sprinting, and you can change direction while sprinting using the other directional buttons and it never stop sprinting. The animation bugs out sometimes but your still moving at spring speed. So no biggie.

Though I would think running into a wall should stop you sprinting.

Also gives you more control with the vanguard. You just let to of the button and left click attack almost at the same time. So you won’t lunge at them. And you don’t need to reach over and push a button and do it.

Ideally, things like hitting walls, turning direction too quickly, and so on should disable sprinting. However, if you never let go of the button, you also should start sprinting again. You shouldn’t have to re-press the button.

This kind of becomes a problem with toggle-sprint, though, where you do all manner of things and sprint is still on. I don’t think I’d like that, because I’d have to keep track of when I was actually sprinting, and there’s no obvious indicator for that until you’re moving.

Maybe other people wouldn’t mind that, though. There’s a reason I use hold-to-sprint, after all.