Favorite Team Objective Map

• Hopefully when the mod tools come out we can make some cool maps that are even better than the current ones. So which is your favorite and what are the elements that you like about it.

My fav is Dark Forest and not because I like to fist the queen, but its pretty balanced, has a nice layout variety, something for all classes. I unlocked my heavy crossbow sniping the bridge crossers and its firepot heaven at the end for masons. You invariably kill the royal families but it feels like a tough fight all the way.

• I really like Stoneshill because of how diverse it is. The setting of each objective is in a completely different area. And there’s a good mix of open areas and buildings to fight in so there’s always good spots no matter the class you’re using. I just wish I could still throw torches at my enemies! :(

The feeling of desperately defending a village from invaders and being pushed back is cool too. I’d probably like Dark Forest secondary to this because of the same kinda reasons.

• I like both Stoneshill and Darkforest the most.

Stoneshill because killing peasants and burning houses is FUN. And like Bob said, it’s pretty diverse with the 3 objectives. And killing the king is always pleasant. xD

Darkforest because it’s a bit more intense and also pretty diverse. It’s also a lot bigger and that feeling of joy you get when there is 10 seconds left and I’m the only one to push that cart through at the last second. Wheee :P

• For me Hillside, because of to gameplay
    It is for both sides, Agatha and Mason, a challenge to win the map. The excitingst moment is the second objectiv, where you have to attack/defend the trebuchets. It is very hard for the attackers, but for that, the third obj is normaly easy to archive for them.
    The best design I think has Stoneshill. It is just the beautifulest map, with the most detail and it is the only map, where it is very light with good weather.

• Is it bad that I still don’t know the names of the maps?

• Is it bad that I still don’t know the names of the maps?

Oh yes, shame on you!

! I had to look on the tornbanners homepage for the name. (Why Stoneshill for a village :? )

• I voted for Dark Forest. The diversity, the environment and the size suit my style. All class can do well pass the first stage where there´s a lot of trees that make it harder for longer weapons.
    The sluice gate part is soooooo fucking fun. It´s nicely tight and packed but more difficult for archers and men at arms since it´s a smaller environment.
    The last part, killing nobles, is a really tactical for me. You can sneak around a lot, you can snipe the nobles from a distance with a bow. The only thing that I would change would be the ballista position. I feel you can´t really hit when shooting with it on even ground level. Would like to see the ballista somewhere on the walls. :-)

• darkforest!

• Revised Citadel is my favorite map. ;)

• @SlyGoat:

Revised Citadel is my favorite map. ;)

Patch or it didn’t happen.

• I would vote for Stoneshill, but that last stage, killing Argon … bleh.

So for favorite, it’s Dark Forest. The Mason Knight’s objective VO makes the map for me.

Desecrate their cisterns with the diseased boh-dies.

• I like Stoneshill. That one map where you have to push the cart at the start, then open the gates, then kill the royals is a close second, I have no idea which map it is though.

Citadel is the literal worst.

• Dark Forest, for sure. It’s the best map in my opinion, and there are very few problems with it, such as Mason’s being able to rush the cranks after dumping the bodies in the cistern. That’s pretty much the only one I can think of right now.

The other maps have bigger issues. Stoneshill is very hard to kill the King, especially against a skilled King(Due to the fact it’s a straight run towards him, plus Agatha spawns almost right besides him).
    Citadel is okay, but after the barrier falls, Mason has a very hard, almost impossible, task of defending.(But who knows, the revision might do some good)
    Hillside, since the patch, has become very hard to the point of frustrating on especially the last objective. 10 Bolts per ship, including the most distant one, who - aside from being very fast - also moves sporadicly.
    Battlegrounds is a tough run for Agatha on the second objective, certaintly with a lackluster team when the petard stalls right before it enters ‘the maw’(The barriers and beyond)

• Citadel.

When I compare a full playthrough of all stages of all TO maps I would say I find Citadel to be the most epic. :D Yeah difficulty is a bit wonky at the moment especially the first stage but I just enjoy the atmosphere.

I certainly can’t wait for mod tools for some more TO maps- I expect the community will have some pretty interesting ideas. I know I’ll be having a go at mapping. ;)

• I like Stoneshill first 2 objectives the most, but I hate killing the king. I really enjoy Hillside’s 3rd final objective too, but there needs to be some sort of archer protection from the bottom ballista with like a wooden platform or wall blocking easy shots/vision from the top left ballista near Mason spawn. Just sucks that I feel like I have to constantly rush those archers or play counter archer because defending archers can control all 3 ballistae so easily, but I definitely enjoy that way more than killing the king, all of Dark Forest’s objectives, burning the granary and pushing the cart past 75% in Battlegrounds.

Citadel is okay, obviously the first objective is super frustrating, but it’s kind’ve frustrating on all the objectives really. Sometimes I enjoy sneaking around on the third objective using all the many routes you can take, but often times it comes down to freeing all the right side slaves only to need like 2 more almost impossible ones on the left side. I also get frustrated on the doors.

• @DaciaJC:

I would vote for Stoneshill, but that last stage, killing Argon … bleh.

So for favorite, it’s Dark Forest. The Mason Knight’s objective VO makes the map for me.

Desecrate their cisterns with the diseased boh-dies.

That’s not Argon. He’s already dead, he was dead before the game started. The guy you kill at the end is Feydrid.

• Did someone really vote for Battleground?

My favourite maps are Dark Forest and Hillside, there are flanks to get clumsy archers and room to avoid massive clusters of enemy infantry!

Stonehill is awesome, but not enough avenues to screw archers up. Not enough Flanks. On the second objective, no ladders to gib those lamers, and the opportunity to turn down oil on the defenders.

Last Objective has us run at archer positions like mad dogs! Would of loved an underground cellar flank or catacombs to avoid archers.

A map, where archers can always be flanked and killed… score high!

• @Yarnu:

Did someone really vote for Battleground?

My favourite maps are Dark Forest and Hillside, there are flanks to get clumsy archers and room to avoid massive clusters of enemy infantry!

Stonehill is awesome, but not enough avenues to screw archers up. Not enough Flanks. On the second objective, no ladders to gib those lamers, and the opportunity to turn down oil on the defenders.

Last Objective has us run at archer positions like mad dogs! Would of loved an underground cellar flank or catacombs to avoid archers.

A map, where archers can always be flanked and killed… score high!

I think you really hate archers. Have you heard of a sheild. Or your own archers?

• @lemonater47:

I think you really hate archers. Have you heard of a sheild. Or your own archers?

If only my own team’s archers would shoot at the enemy archers instead of anything but. If only they would use the A and D keys or the mouse X axis when a team-mate is in their crosshairs…. :P

• Dark Forest by a long shot. It is just better balanced than every other map. Citadel is the worst. Terrible balance, runs like crap. I actually like battlegrounds as a map to fight on. I have fun running around killing but it needs a 3rd part and some balance adjustment. I think one balance adjustment on all maps should be that at no point should an archer, or any other class for that matter, be able to fire at the objective from a place unreachable by the opposing force. The walls on stoneshill. Treb 3 on hillside. Spawn roof on Battlegrounds.