Give more time to combo!!!

• agree.doesnt seem to be any time at all. Also I think the combo system is a bit odd. Is there any situation in which you don’t want to combo? Even if you combo at the wrong time you just feint out of it.

• @hamster:

agree.doesnt seem to be any time at all. Also I think the combo system is a bit odd. Is there any situation in which you don’t want to combo? Even if you combo at the wrong time you just feint out of it.

Yes, feinting uses up more stamina. AND it takes time to perform the feint.

When I want to combo, I click the LMB like crazy. But If I dont do it early enough I dont get the combo swing.

I’ve tested it using the longsword.
    Once the sword swing is pointing straight out in front of me, it is no longer possible to combo.
    I need to make the second click before this point.

• You can click at any point during the release (the part of the animation where damage is dealt) for it to combo, clicking during the Windup will do nothing.

• @Martin:

You can click at any point during the release (the part of the animation where damage is dealt) for it to combo, clicking during the Windup will do nothing.

Hmmm……

• @Martin:

You can click at any point during the release (the part of the animation where damage is dealt) for it to combo, clicking during the Windup will do nothing.

I tested this some more, On another server with a better ping, I seemed to have more time to combo. But I cannot click for a second swing once the first swing is at its end. (this lines up with what you say about ONLY during the damage dealing part of the swing)

However, on other servers, I will click like crazy during the swing, and I will not get the second one.

On the flip side, there have been time where I will swing, attempt to combo a second swing, nothing happens, i move a few steps, then the swing comes out! Very delayed.

• How can you have trouble doing combos? I personally have a hard time NOT initiating combos … :?

• @CrimsonAvenger:

However, on other servers, I will click like crazy during the swing, and I will not get the second one.

Are you sure you don’t accidentally hit the ground or a wall that is stopping your first swing? I often have this problem with lookdown OHs. I hit the floor and can’t combo, which is annoying but a decent trade-off for the accelerated attack imo.

• @NabsterHax:

@CrimsonAvenger:

Are you sure you don’t accidentally hit the ground or a wall that is stopping your first swing? I often have this problem with lookdown OHs. I hit the floor and can’t combo, which is annoying but a decent trade-off for the accelerated attack imo.

I have this same problem. It’s not always the case so I guess it has something to do with the server. But some situations I just stand in spawn and show comboing to a friend, just to have 2 out of three combos not initiating (nothing to do with the windup, also during a hit it does not initiate consequently).
    Also sometimes it doesn’t combo, but it just does a second normal attack afterwards (not clicking after the attack, only during), which is actually way more annoying than no attack at all.

I do find it weird that the windup does not initiate a combo, especially since there is no visual que whether your character is going to initiate a combo or not with some swings and the transfer from a windup to the release animation is very hard to know exactly. Add to that the not so consequent nature of the combos and you see why I never use them.

Just leaves me open in the short time I am waiting for my combo attack that will not come or comes later int he form of a normal attack :?

• have you tried turning the input timer down for when it actually queues up an attack? having messed with this setting I have found that at the default settings its working just fine.

• Sounds like u need more practice.