Are the devs dead?

• Ever since the recent content update there’s been so many game breaking bugs and exploits and weapons being unbalanced as hell. What I don’t understand is why haven’t they fixed anything yet? This game will never reach the status of an E-sports game without big support from the devs and I don’t mean CONTENT. Balance and functionality comes OVER content.

• I haven’t experienced any game breaking bugs or exploits, nor any unbalanced weapons (other than things like bardiche OH)

• There are plenty of unbalanced weapons (underpowered, not overpowered). Almost all of the new weapons are unbalanced.

• @Tibberius:

We have opted to split the community issues patch into a few in hopes of getting them out sooner. Won’t give a date for sanity reasons but we hope to begin beta testing our new patch soon.

Focusing on core issues like:

• Server browser improvements
    • Parrying consistency/Face-hugging
    • Map Objectives balance

We know there are many other items that also need looked at, and we plan to look at those as well, but in the interest of getting them done sooner and out for you guys we decided to split it like this into smaller chunks. Also more news on our situation and what we’ve been up to will come in the soon to be released Dev Q &A.

Written on February the 28th. They are constantly working, do not fear.

• @loriziell:

Ever since the recent content update there’s been so many game breaking bugs and exploits and weapons being unbalanced as hell. What I don’t understand is why haven’t they fixed anything yet? This game will never reach the status of an E-sports game without big support from the devs and I don’t mean CONTENT. Balance and functionality comes OVER content.

Chill dude, next patch soon. They are a little busy working on the dungeons and dragons extension.

[image:5oa3bvry]http://i47.tinypic.com/wi83tg.png[/image:5oa3bvry]

• They’re also working on getting a physical studio rather than a virtual one… Once they’re done getting that set up, we should see more efficient work from them! Should be a bit slow for a bit then pick up quite a bit!

• @loriziell:

Ever since the recent content update there’s been so many game breaking bugs and exploits and weapons being unbalanced as hell. What I don’t understand is why haven’t they fixed anything yet? This game will never reach the status of an E-sports game without big support from the devs and I don’t mean CONTENT. Balance and functionality comes OVER content.

Plenty of E-sports games have crap for balance.

People need to learn that so far, in the history of the world, no game has ever been balanced ever. If you are expecting viability for every option in the game then you need to change your expectations. Such a game would take 1000’s of years of balancing and likely need to be developed by perfect robots. Most E-Sports games are such because there are enough viable options to make the game interesting and deep enough to strategize in.

Additionally these guys aren’t really the biggest studio out there. I’m not saying bugs and stuff are OK. But it will take some time for them to address certain issues as they are a pretty small team (that I hear has only one programmer….!?).

They should really focus on upsizing.

• I don’t know why everyone thinks the sling is underpowered. It is MEANT to be a close quarters weapon. Giving it a longer range is unrealistic and defeats the purpose of it even being in the game (which is, to provide a close quarters ranged weapon). In the few times I’ve used the weapon, I found myself hitting people with pinpoint accuracy if they were close enough. It seems much easier to land a hit with the sling than with the bow.

• Yea they need to hurry up and remove feint before the community dies.

• @NabsterHax:

I haven’t experienced any game breaking bugs or exploits, nor any unbalanced weapons (other than things like bardiche OH)

If you haven’t doesn’t mean there aren’t any.

• @Dark:

@loriziell:

Plenty of E-sports games have crap for balance.

People need to learn that so far, in the history of the world, no game has ever been balanced ever. If you are expecting viability for every option in the game then you need to change your expectations. Such a game would take 1000’s of years of balancing and likely need to be developed by perfect robots. Most E-Sports games are such because there are enough viable options to make the game interesting and deep enough to strategize in.

Additionally these guys aren’t really the biggest studio out there. I’m not saying bugs and stuff are OK. But it will take some time for them to address certain issues as they are a pretty small team (that I hear has only one programmer….!?).

They should really focus on upsizing.

Addressing to some weapons that are blatantly overpowered should not take a lot of time like, say, repairing a bug and yet they didn’t really bother changing anything about the weapons.

• I haven’t heard an objective argument from anyone so far on any weapon being blatantly overpowered compared to other options except the warbow (which is probably the only viable bow anyway, so we need to come up with a way to make the shortbow and longbow more attractive without making all the bows feel the same). There are some that are generally agreed to be too strong, and plenty that are considered too weak, but for every strong weapon right now there’s another in the same category different people consider to be stronger - i.e. dane axe vs. hatchet.

We want to release our next patch without any balance or mechanics changes, however - we have a few fairly significant changes we’re going to roll out in beta format to get public feedback and testing on, but while that’s going on we want the live version to be as bug free as possible. This’ll give us the ability to test things extensively before releasing them on to live to make sure the balance changes are all in the right direction and not too drastic, without the pressure of simultaneously dealing with bugs and map issues. No ETA, but it shouldn’t be long now.

• @SlyGoat:

We want to release our next patch without any balance or mechanics changes

Uhh…am I missing something? What WILL you be including on the patch?

• @UNaidworker:

@SlyGoat:

new maps and new weapons. NEW HELMETS!!! im excited

• @UNaidworker:

@SlyGoat:

More bugs and some new veteran helmets to replace the lost ones.

Joke, don’t burn me at the pyre.

• @UNaidworker:

@SlyGoat:

A hefty maul buff, perhaps?

• LET’S WAIT.

yea, I also feel shame when I see bugs and gliches in this great game that I love.
    but all we can do is finding a bug, and tell them it.

• @NabsterHax:

I haven’t experienced any game breaking bugs or exploits, nor any unbalanced weapons (other than things like bardiche OH)

Alt attack on certain one handed weapons from close is nearly unblockable, Flinch not working properly (on fast counter attacks usually), stamina bug, crouching lookdown overheads, ghost swings (after hitting someone at the very end of your weapons release and comboing), delayed and accelerated attack animations desyncing with their actual damage hitbox, and a couple others I’m forgetting.

Nothing absolutely ground breaking as most don’t happen too frequently, but they definitely need to be addressed.

• Global Moderator

@Slaughtervomit:

@UNaidworker:

@SlyGoat:

A hefty maul buff, perhaps?

When you slam your maul into the ground anyone in a 50m radius goes flying into the air.

• @lemonater47:

When you slam your maul into the ground anyone in a 50m radius goes flying into the air.

I would love to see this! The effect of “Veteran Mauls”? Make it happen, devs!