Regarding the speedhacking.

• Up until today, I believed this game was hack free, and before I start my rant, no, I don’t have a video recorded proof, as my PC is barely handling the game itself.

Just a few minutes ago before posting, I encountered

• Global Moderator

Hacking isn’t an issue in this game. I’ve only seen one. In 130 hours. I’ve seen people claim that others were hackers but I know that those accused have found a weapon they know how to use.

• some times lag makes attackers look like there swinging faster. I’ve seen laggers do well with heavy damage weapon and lmb. I think there is a bug where its harder to wait and block attacks from players that have high pings.

• @lemonater47:

Hacking isn’t an issue in this game. I’ve only seen one. In 130 hours. I’ve seen people claim that others were hackers but I know that those accused have found a weapon they know how to use.

Sorry, but you seem not to be able to talk about that. You can’t know how many speedhackers there are.

Of course, I can’t, too. But I’ve seen over 20 speedhackers in game.

• 560 hours played

• The scary thing is there are speed hackers that are not maxing there speed for a minor advantage over better players. Would be nice if we could get automated silent reporting on these guys and bans after x amount of abuse. The only question is how do you detect a speed hacker server / client in udk.

• @lemonater47:

The problem is, it’s difficult to say. Speedhack is fairly easy to obtain and can be adjusted to just a slight speed increase (maybe even speed decrease). Altering your speed a bit may have tremendous effects on your opponents when they’re tring to just-in-time block you.
    It’s difficult to tell if the cheater is actually cheating, lagging or just you having a bad day.
    This makes the risk of being caught is small, noone can prove anything as long as you don’t make it obvious.

I’ve been playing for 200 hrs and seen a few obvious cases. But I believe I’ve actually encountered many more just without noticing them.

The fact that there is no current counter measures for speedhacks is the main reason I’m being very hesitant about joining clans and tournaments.

• @gslashg:

The scary thing is there are speed hackers that are not maxing there speed for a minor advantage over better players. Would be nice if we could get automated silent reporting on these guys and bans after x amount of abuse. The only question is how do you detect a speed hacker server / client in udk.

I guess others must have gotten around it or maybe it’s just because chivalry’s server have traded calculating travel distances for players in favour of calculating melee combat.

Maybe the connected clients can calculate travel distances for each player and report back if something smells fishy

• Global Moderator

@Skalli:

@lemonater47:

Sorry, but you seem not to be able to talk about that. You can’t know how many speedhackers there are.

Of course, I can’t, too. But I’ve seen over 20 speedhackers in game.

• 560 hours played

People make claims all the time. I’m a speed hacker apparently.

Europe is notorious for hackers though. They would have more.

• I want the speedhack so I can be the Stoneshill king just once, only once.

• @gregcau:

I want the speedhack so I can be the Stoneshill king just once, only once.

Play the Mason side. Get loads of points from doing the objective. Switch side in the last second. Be a king that only use fists and at random leads charges towards the Mason spawn just to keep your bodyguards on their toes. Lose 80% HP to friendly fire anyway because people are so eager to protect you. F10 with 10 seconds to go to spite them.

• @Helgeran:

@gregcau:

Play the Mason side. Get loads of points from doing the objective. Switch side in the last second. Be a king that only use fists and at random leads charges towards the Mason spawn just to keep your bodyguards on their toes. Lose 80% HP to friendly fire anyway because people are so eager to protect you. F10 with 10 seconds to go to spite them.

lol I am totally going to try that.

• 7K downloads of speed hack and counting… To all the newbies who fester these forums oblivious to the problems of the game. I included a simple search on youtube because I know in your denial you are incapable of looking for yourself. For those who have more than a marshmellow on their shoulders… Here is some up to date footage of cheating in Chivalry. While the newbie thinks those that speed hack will be visible by shooting across the map like a flash, it’s not how it’s used. They up the speed a little more than what’s normal, just enough to give them a definite edge. Only the complete idiot will have a toggle to make him run like lightening across the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/results?filters … &lclk=week

Yep, speed hack and other cheats definitely not being used. Don’t worry, they aren’t cheating they are better than you, that’s all. ;) :D

• Global Moderator

@gregcau:

@Helgeran:

@gregcau:

lol I am totally going to try that.

I did the play the mason side bit when I wanted to be king early on. I wasn’t good enough to be the top player on agatha. So I would just play the objective on the mason side. Then swap.

Though now I’m king 30% of the time and it gets a little boring.

I have never been malric though.

And since this is a speed hacker thread I saw my second speed hacker today. Freaked him out too. He thought he could get away with it too as it was on a low gravity server. I scared him when I said I was recording him for he whole last game. He denied it until I said that and instantly left. Someone initiated a votekick when I called him out but that failed. He changed his steam username but that doesn’t change the account name and as such it doesn’t change the steam user ID link either.

So that’s 2 speed hackers in 130 hours. Not much really. Not nearly as much as people claim there to be. I was called a speed hacker once. Its called a claymore swing stab combo.

• I’ve seen speedhackers as well. Although they’re hard to spot unless you chasing them or really used to the animations, and lag can have a similar effect.

I have seen someone who was impervious to damage though. I was dead and spectating and saw someone trying to kill a team mate, they just kept swinging through someone who didn’t move and I know the server had team damage at 50%. We votekicked them.

• @lemonater47:

Hacking isn’t an issue in this game… I’VE only seen one.

Really, and I dare to say that quite few people use them. You won’t see them oneshotting you, or being insanely fast on foot, they will tweak their attack speed so they have an (I guess they think unnoticeable) advantage.

@Matti:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7356

This group has proven useless so far, there’s no one in the chat, ever.

• I suppose the amount of hackers you see will also be down to luck, partially. I’ve only seen one person who I could definitely say was hacking in my 120 hours of play. This guy was using a bardiche as fast as a dagger, and moved faster sideways than a man at arms sprints forward. He killed a bunch of people, me included, in situations where the head of his bardiche was behind him, and suddenly the person standing in front of him lost his head. When everyone called him out, he just went “lol no dunno wats hapening”.

But, as some have said, most hackers would probably use such a small increase in speed that it would be really hard to tell in the heat of combat. I’ve certainly seen my fair share of opponents whose twohanders seem to be moving awfully fast, but again, not so fast that I could be sure of hacking. Maybe it just seemed fast because of really effective mouse dragging or something. I don’t know.

Anyways, I hope the devs succeed in making cheating harder. Even the rare occasions where someone is hacking are really annoying.

• @Dr:

they just kept swinging through someone who didn’t move and I know the server had team damage at 50%. We votekicked them.

Didnt move at all? I’ve seen a bug where the player is left on the server but they are disconnected and your weapons pass through them.

• @Dr:

I’ve seen speedhackers as well. Although they’re hard to spot unless you chasing them or really used to the animations, and lag can have a similar effect.

I have seen someone who was impervious to damage though. I was dead and spectating and saw someone trying to kill a team mate, they just kept swinging through someone who didn’t move and I know the server had team damage at 50%. We votekicked them.

I’ve seen someone who apparently only took like 25% of the damage they were supposed to. It was a vanguard who I overheaded 4 times in the upper body with the poleaxe, and he didn’t die. The second overhead should have been enough to finish him.

• @gslashg:

The scary thing is there are speed hackers that are not maxing there speed for a minor advantage over better players. Would be nice if we could get automated silent reporting on these guys and bans after x amount of abuse. The only question is how do you detect a speed hacker server / client in udk.

THis. They are much more subtle. They can feint and block multiple times in < 1 second. Their weapons swing a bit faster, and unless you watch and play a lot, you would never notice.