VoiceOver Trolling

• I have just been witness to a new “thing”.

People seem to send songs via voice-over. The game says that player “XY” is sending voice, and in this case it was annoying music.

After 2 people got kickvoted for sending songs, i was the next on the list. Muting me didn’t help, and I couldn’t turn it off. The army of retards of course kickvoted me, too.

Whats next?

I really love this game, over 500 hours played, but the trolling gets totally out of hand.

• I’ve noticed this too. Someone micspams and is using some sort of script or something to make someone else’s name appear on the screen when THEY talk, so of course everyone kicks joe schmoe which doesn’t do anything and the micspam continues.

• The real question is, what song?

• That’s a big problem.

Someone needs to announce it in a video. So you keep muting every player until the music stops. And hope you don’t have an army of retards.

• I think they change their names mid-game.

If you change your name on Steam and do not close Chivalry, it only updates the voice chat name, and not the name displayed on the HUD or scoreboard etc.

• @Kyoss:

I really love this game, over 500 hours played, but the trolling gets totally out of hand.

How do you think trolling/griefing works? This is exactly how it should be done… Out of hand means finding someone irl and killing their cat or something… I would hardly call this “out of hand”, it’s simply trolling. ;)

• @Slaughtervomit:

@Kyoss:

How do you think trolling/griefing works? This is exactly how it should be done… Out of hand means finding someone irl and killing their cat or something… I would hardly call this “out of hand”, it’s simply trolling. ;)

But this trolling gets innocent people kicked. That’s bad. And its done by hacking which is even worse.

You make YouTube videos don’t you? You should alert people of this so they don’t go randomly votekicking people. Tell them to mute everybody until the music stops. If they mute the music player and it doesn’t stop the music the first time that is.

• Hi Kyoss,

This is indeed not a script. This is a bug where if you change your name mid game it will update what your name says for microphone but not in game. People will usually do this while spectating in an attempt to get innocent people kicked. I witnessed Blackjack attempt to do this about 16 times yesterday but fortunately I was in a good server who was happy to votekick her those 16 times.

Hopefully they get this fixed at some point.

• @lemonater47:

But this trolling gets innocent people kicked. That’s bad. And its done by hacking which is even worse.

You make YouTube videos don’t you? You should alert people of this so they don’t go randomly votekicking people. Tell them to mute everybody until the music stops. If they mute the music player and it doesn’t stop the music the first time that is.

If it’s from hacking, I say burn their house down I say ban them forever from official servers…

Also, I only have 7 subscribers and like a total of 1k video views… No one cares what I have to say on Youtube :lol:

• @Slaughtervomit:

@lemonater47:

If it’s from hacking, I say burn their house down I say ban them forever from official servers…

Also, I only have 7 subscribers and like a total of 1k video views… No one cares what I have to say on Youtube :lol:

Oh lol. You post so many videos I though you would have more. Usually gaming channels get lots of subscribers against views. Though if you embed videos here rather than just put the link I. You will get less subscribers. My freind has 1000 veiws and 45 subscribers. He has a gaming channel. I have 60,000 veiws and 46 subscribers, I have a tutorial video channel. So no one subscribes as they just want to see one thing.

If I had lots of subscribers I would like your videos as hope lots if people see it in their feeds. Happened to me recently. Someone with lots of subscribers liked one of my videos and I got spammed with views for a couple of days. Tripled my views per day.

• @lemonater47:

Oh lol. You post so many videos I though you would have more. Usually gaming channels get lots of subscribers against views. Though if you embed videos here rather than just put the link I. You will get less subscribers. My freind has 1000 veiws and 45 subscribers. He has a gaming channel. I have 60,000 veiws and 46 subscribers, I have a tutorial video channel. So no one subscribes as they just want to see one thing.

If I had lots of subscribers I would like your videos as hope lots if people see it in their feeds. Happened to me recently. Someone with lots of subscribers liked one of my videos and I got spammed with views for a couple of days. Tripled my views per day.

Thanks for the tip… I don’t think I want to go that way, though… I want to get subs based on people enjoying the videos enough to make effort in hitting the button. I just mostly make the videos for myself anyway because it’s fun :)

• I know a player who does this…. In the HiveGaming duel servers, whoever is winning, he comes in using their name and starts spamming music/ridiculous sounds. People get annoyed and kick the person who’s innocent. His name’s Unison. http://steamcommunity.com/id/unison He’s such an asshole.

• People used to do this in AoC too. It adds a bit of flavor to the game…

But yeah, it is annoying. If you find people doing it on the official servers, get one of us mods. We’ll be happy to mute them “permanently”. ;)

• That sounds hilarious actually, i would lol if that happened to me.

• First of all - isn’t there an option to mute everyone so nobody can bother you with this? An easy way to fix this entire problem would be by simply not allowing to change name unless you exit the game entirely. Also remember you can report trolls to moderators if this happens on official server. If it doesn’t - report them still, it’ll help in weeding out troublemakers by helping in creation of black list of trolls (or give more intel should this particular account be banned or not).

• The only time I have voice over on is when a new patch resets my options. For those 2 hours people likely listened to my music and drunken cursing. :D

• @Kimiko:

People used to do this in AoC too. It adds a bit of flavor to the game…

But yeah, it is annoying. If you find people doing it on the official servers, get one of us mods. We’ll be happy to mute them “permanently”. ;)

This is, of course, insufficient. Though I tend to prefer the official servers (Well populated with a few near me and TO/Mixes) I am not always in one. It is hard to explain to people that this is happening, as it looks like you’re an asshat professing innocence. This needs to be fixed.

But thank you for the effort.

• I’ve been a victim of this a number of times. It sounds funny when you describe it, but actually it’s pretty annoying when it happens to you.
    You’re just trying to enjoy the game you paid for in one of the few low ping servers in your area and you get booted because some bored guy finds it more fun to waste his time annoying people instead of just playing the damn game. http://i.imgur.com/plnO6.jpg

• @MedievalFantasy:

I know a player who does this…. In the HiveGaming duel servers, whoever is winning, he comes in using their name and starts spamming music/ridiculous sounds. People get annoyed and kick the person who’s innocent. His name’s Unison. http://steamcommunity.com/id/unison He’s such an asshole.

Yup, I play on those servers as well and his past aliases are familiar to me.

• Banned over 5 servers because of this. Really getting out of hand now. I am in Asia as well and simply do not have that many servers to play on with a reasonable ping.