Possible sling bug

• I don’t know if this is really a bug or if it is intended, but you can’t sprint after you started to spin the sling, you have to sprint and then spin it to be able to run and shoot.

• You shouldn’t be able to sprint with any ranged weapon when it’s ‘in use’ (drawn/aim/swinging etc), the actual bug is sprinting and then winding it up, the same with Bows and Crossbows.

• I was using the lead ball sling ammo and after using an ammo box it wouldn’t let me swing the sling any more. It wasn’t an animation bug either, because my ammo count wouldn’t go down. Not sure what caused it - maybe I was swinging or got hit while I used to ammo box. (Don’t mean to threadjack… I just don’t want to start a new thread when there’s already one about the sling).

• It’s sad that it is a bug, because being able to run and shoot is the only thing the sling has going for it. You can’t zoom, so you have so fight at a closer range than the bow/crossbow archers, you can’t carry a shield, so you are more vulnerable than the javelin archers, and if you can’t even run to dodge arrows… you end up being just a big, slow target on the middle of the battlefield, waving his hand at the enemy archers. Please consider keeping the running while shooting ability at least on the sling archers.

• @Martin:

You shouldn’t be able to sprint with any ranged weapon when it’s ‘in use’ (drawn/aim/swinging etc), the actual bug is sprinting and then winding it up, the same with Bows and Crossbows.

Actually sling counts as a throwing weapon (hence why you can start winding up while sprinting), and it’s intended that you can fire it while sprinting because that’s what skirmish slingers actually did.

Not being able to sprint with a throwing weapon/sling readied is a known bug, as is being able to sprint with bows/crossbows.