Blocking still broken

• Really?… REALLY?

We’re what, a year into the release? And a core, major feature, is STILL incredibly buggy?

I quit playing this game for months, came back in to check it out… and it’s still not working. Never. Again. Am I spending a freaking CENT on a torn banner product. This is insane. Clearly this bug is never, ever going to be patched… What is this, gettysburg armored warfare? Did you draw inspiration from Dikatanna and Action 52? Will this game ever be at least nominally functional? Or should I just lower my standards so that getting hit through a block about 50% of the time is acceptable?

…I played the game for fifteen minutes and I’m already uninstalling it again. That right there is amazing.

• Why are you posting this here? What make you think we cares if you’re leaving or not? This is a bug report, not a complaint one. You’re not contributing to help the game to get better, so don’t post here. You’re just making yourself look like a fool.

• Global Moderator

I think you just suck at blocking. As it has been fixed. It works 99% of the time.

You do have to aim your block. And blocking people who face hug is hard too. Block isn’t some magical force that stops you from being hit.

• There is a bug with blocking which we’ve recently become aware of. It’ll be fixed in our next patch, which will be soon. I don’t think your problem with blocking is related to this bug, however.

• @SlyGoat:

There is a bug with blocking which we’ve recently become aware of. It’ll be fixed in our next patch, which will be soon. I don’t think your problem with blocking is related to this bug, however.

I have been noticing some of my failed parries that I thought shouldn’t have failed still made the metal clashing sound that you get from a successful parry despite receiving the damage/death. Is that a known thing?

• @AngryDave:

@SlyGoat:

There is a bug with blocking which we’ve recently become aware of. It’ll be fixed in our next patch, which will be soon. I don’t think your problem with blocking is related to this bug, however.

I have been noticing some of my failed parries that I thought shouldn’t have failed still made the metal clashing sound that you get from a successful parry despite receiving the damage/death. Is that a known thing?

That’s quite possibly related to what we fixed. Their attack is passing your parry box and thus making the clashing sound, but they’ve already hit you with an earlier tracer by hitting your side or back. After some internal testing blocks seem to be working far more consistently against this kind of thing.

• @SlyGoat:

@AngryDave:

@SlyGoat:

That’s quite possibly related to what we fixed. Their attack is passing your parry box and thus making the clashing sound, but they’ve already hit you with an earlier tracer by hitting your side or back. After some internal testing blocks seem to be working far more consistently against this kind of thing.

so when you say that you mean the attack is supposed to hit, and hearing the clang from the shield is just a bug?

• Some hits still connects through the shield even though their perfectly timed and facing the attack direction and some stabs glitched through the shield… I don’t have any complain about the parrying just with the buggy shields.

• @SlyGoat:

With all due respect, last time someone said a patch was coming “Soon” was last month.

• I think the sightest ammount of lag ruins blocking also. 8-)