FFA chase question.

• Maybe there was a good reason or argument I missed, but why can’t you chase opponents in FFA like you can in team games? I feel like ffa fights suffer from, what I think, was one of the big problems with AoC. Players can escape from combat way too easily with almost no consequence.

Is there a reason for this balance wise?

• @Blindga:

Maybe there was a good reason or argument I missed, but why can’t you chase opponents in FFA like you can in team games? I feel like ffa fights suffer from, what I think, was one of the big problems with AoC. Players can escape from combat way too easily with almost no consequence.

Is there a reason for this balance wise?

I’m not sure if its intended or not. But just from observation I believe its due to the fact that all players are put onto the same team (agatha) even though they are considered enemies. Maybe someone else can provide a better answer.

• The chase speed boost does work in FFA, though the cursor doesn’t turn red (which isn’t actually a 100% accurate notification of the chase boost anyway, it just lets you know you’re close enough to get it)

• No way. In teams, can’t a knight outrun a maa if he’s chasing? You can’t in FFA.

• @Blindga:

No way. In teams, can’t a knight outrun a maa if he’s chasing? You can’t in FFA.

Try it yourself; enter showdebug into console to see your current speed, then try sprinting after someone.

• The cursor doesn’t change red. I’ve noticed it.
    But I definitely “feel” the boost.

Does anyone know the exact boost value you receive when it is enabled?
    eg. speed = 110%?

• 120%

• Just tried this. I didn’t see any speed increase. Am I looking at the wrong numbers on the debug menu?

• Didn’t work for me yesterday either. It was impossible to chase archers.