Lighting arrows with fire

• My brother had this neat idea: the ability for an archer to light an arrowhead with a burn pile. The arrow would be able to catch clothing on fire for added damage (similar to a torch now) or simply to use instead of a torch for buildings, pyres, etc… The logistics of lighting an arrow would likely inhibit any potential for abuse/spamming.

Perhaps there could even be a third bolt type. One that does less overall damage than the other two but has the ability to be lit on fire.

• Bots in single-player can use flaming arrows. They can’t do much of anything else, though.

So yeah, the system is in the game, but I’ve gotta believe there was a reason it was left out from PvP.

• @Matt:

Bots in single-player can use flaming arrows. They can’t do much of anything else, though.

So yeah, the system is in the game, but I’ve gotta believe there was a reason it was left out from PvP.

Now and then testing a new build I run against 32 bots and then suddenly I get set on fire and I’m like wtf did some BOT MAA actually hit me with a fire pot - then I realize it was a freakin archer.

Its a pretty cool thing, be nice to get it into multi-player. And yeah lighting them in a fire would be a lot of fun and not too overpowered since you need to get to a fire pit. Archers need some love sometimes.

• I was thinking about flaming arrows the other day while fiddling around in singleplayer. I think that it would be a nice feature if they added it to a possible “siege engineer” class.

The siege engineer class would be able to gather things and build structures.
    As far as flaming arrows go they would be able to build campfires or brazier which archers can dip their arrows in to fire them. The only drawback would be that archers can’t hold flaming arrows very long.