• A free for all server
    2 dickheads obviously working together
    try to votekick one of them
    Eventually I get kicked
    they continue to abuse game mechanics to boost scores in unfair gameplay

Close to hacking ? Steam names DD and DeRick

Can we PLEASE fucking remove cunts like these completely

• I understand that you are angry. But…
    Think about what you are trying to achieve here and how we perceive what you write.

First of all,
    They have not technically done anything wrong.

Secondly,
    It’s a democratic voting system. If the server votes to keep them in - then so be it.

Thirdly,
    Abuse of game mechanics. How so? And be careful about your answer - there may be a large debate to follow about whether it is, or, is not… ‘fair’.

Fourthly,
    Close to hacking? Please… just don’t.

Fifthly,
    You were the one kicked. The majority of the server saw you as unfit to join them (for whatever fair/unfair reason). It is a case of he said, she said.

Sixthly,
    It’s FFA. It is a random, chaotic and non-serious mode, plagued by LMB.

• 2 people working together actually makes it harder for them to win an FFA. They’re essentially dividing all their kills between 2 people. When I enter a truce with someone I usually find I have to work twice as hard to win. I don’t see much problems with what they’re doing and this is definitely not grounds for being banned. You should stop taking FFA so seriously and just practice or have fun.

• No. 1 guy was going 16- 1 and the other doing the starting hit.

And yes it is cheating, you win every " 1-1 " encounter with a buddy next to you, and the server apparently was full of droopy retards that couldnt care less if the game was broken to shit anyways.

• Active admins on servers or more serverside rules, because this is as bad as teamkilling at the moment.

One or two idiots can cripple a team by teamkilling at the spawn, you think the enemy cares and will vote yes ? You think they wont vote no ? So they dont get kicked and the bullshit continues.

Supposed almost everyone playing this werent fucked in the head, what kind of a rule system would work… well never know

• I am sure it happens quite often but its hard to take FFA seriously considering the leaders mostly take heavy weapons and charge at 2 people fighting to kill em both.

• When you complain about people playing the game either being dicks or boosting or what ever you have to be calm. You have to convince everybody else on the server that your the cool smart guy and the ones causing the trouble are a bunch of morons. You are far more likely to get yes votes. You can even scare them off the server.

Having a high level helps. And being friendly and respectful while playing is another good thing that helps.

As does winning.

If you just start yelling at those two to stop no ones Gonna like you at that’s why you end up being kicked.

• @lemonater47:

When you complain about people playing the game either being dicks or boosting or what ever you have to be calm. You have to convince everybody else on the server that your the cool smart guy and the ones causing the trouble are a bunch of morons. You are far more likely to get yes votes. You can even scare them off the server.

Having a high level helps. And being friendly and respectful while playing is another good thing that helps.

As does winning.

If you just start yelling at those two to stop no ones Gonna like you at that’s why you end up being kicked.

This

• @DemonicChocobo:

2 people working together actually makes it harder for them to win an FFA. They’re essentially dividing all their kills between 2 people. When I enter a truce with someone I usually find I have to work twice as hard to win. I don’t see much problems with what they’re doing and this is definitely not grounds for being banned. You should stop taking FFA so seriously and just practice or have fun.

Trucing does not necessarily mean ganging. Ganging is much more difficult as you are fighting two guys and both of them are concentrating on you. Usually people that truce do not attack at the same time.

• I spare people’s lives all the time to go after an archer only to have them lmb spam me from behind… le sigh. :(

• @Slaughtervomit:

I spare people’s lives all the time to go after an archer only to have them lmb spam me from behind… le sigh. :(

^ This
    And then the archer polishes off the LMB spammer.
    You can try and keep an eye on the LMB spammer while making a B line for the archer, but you’re still and an advantage and the above happens.
    But this is to be expected in FFA which is why we love it. Its the same as how fights break up to go and gang the archer and then return to the fight after.

Coincidentally i’ve not noted any problem with 2 person teams, because they die just as quick as everyone else and then spawn in different places. I saw 4 people try to hole up in a corner, but even that had limited effect. It was, however, fun to see their shield wall work.

• @DemonicChocobo:

2 people working together actually makes it harder for them to win an FFA. They’re essentially dividing all their kills between 2 people. When I enter a truce with someone I usually find I have to work twice as hard to win. I don’t see much problems with what they’re doing and this is definitely not grounds for being banned. You should stop taking FFA so seriously and just practice or have fun.

they are not trying to win, people like that are only teaming to rise their K/D ratio and unlocking weapons, i have seen this 3 times.

• stop playing FFA, unless its duel FFA… it makes you a bad player. Attacking people from behind and vulturing others kills… that doesn’t make you a better player at all. Surviving in one… yeah that can help but typically everyone is just spammy in there, and its a race for kills… nothing more. Get some skill elsewhere, you will most likely not find it in FFA matches.

Only FFA matches that MAY be worth playing are ones with a lower number of people. But still, i say FFA just sucks all of the good out of a player.

• No. 1 guy was going 16- 1 and the other doing the starting hit.

And yes it is cheating, you win every " 1-1 " encounter with a buddy next to you, and the server apparently was full of droopy retards that couldnt care less if the game was broken to shit anyways.

Quite often 1v2 I find easier to deal with then 1v1. As the guy you are not looking it is generally not prepared to be attacked…

If they are actually working well together then it makes for an invigorating fight and very much worth it when you win. 1v2 is certainly not non-winnable, it can be done with grace and care. Do not spam, do not miss, do not make mistakes. Force them to make mistakes, attack the guy not ready, use their swings against them. Then you will win.

stop playing FFA, unless its duel FFA… it makes you a bad player. Attacking people from behind and vulturing others kills… that doesn’t make you a better player at all.

Absolutely wrong. FFA servers give you excellent opportunity to train several senses that are often overlooked and very helpful. First and foremost is sound.
    It trains you to be aware of the footsteps coming towards you.
    It trains you to hear the swings you cannot see.
    It trains you to keep calm and remain level headed when facing difficult odds.
    It trains you to conserve stamina.
    It trains you in making precise attacks.
    It trains you to keep track of multiple objects in a 3 dimensional space, of which at least half you cannot visually see.

Every single one of these are directly usable in TO mode and some are helpful in duel mode. Duel mode is much better for learning how to beat an opponent, they both feed into each other. Not only that but FFA mode will help you in daily life in unexpected ways (there is published research on this, action FPS games).

You must do well at all of these to consistently win FFA mode, particularly against competent opponents.

What makes people bad players is a failure to learn, not playing a game mode.

• @clayton-bigsby:

stop playing FFA, unless its duel FFA… it makes you a bad player. Attacking people from behind and vulturing others kills… that doesn’t make you a better player at all. Surviving in one… yeah that can help but typically everyone is just spammy in there, and its a race for kills… nothing more. Get some skill elsewhere, you will most likely not find it in FFA matches.

Only FFA matches that MAY be worth playing are ones with a lower number of people. But still, i say FFA just sucks all of the good out of a player.

I agree smaller FFA games could be beneficial to skills like situational awareness and practicing fighting multiple opponents. Also, using weapons like the sling or fists really help with footwork.

Large FFA games are spam fests and promote pretty much no real practice at anything except spam.

• gotta love when people read something you type, but not the whole thing, and only respond to half the context. Thanks for reading the WHOLE post slaughter, it wasn’t THAT long after all.

to Toll:
    my comment was geared more towards large FFA games, but i generally feel the same about most FFA games. If there are many people in the server, you can only usually get a few kills off, or even just 1 or 2 before you get your head chopped off. Situational awareness be damned. Unless you never attack, you are going to get back attacked, period. you have to attack eventually, and once you do, there will be a MAA or something behind you ready to vulture it up. Point is… .smaller games are better for FFA, try playing 32 in arena… and tell me that your sounds are helping .Sure they do, but someone is going to spawn right behiind you and that’s all it takes. This is why FFA just doesn’t take much skill in. If you have a smaller amount of players, i can see that being beneficial just like any other game mode, so why not just play those game modes. All the things you described you learn in the other modes too.

I’m not like against FFA or anything, i just don’t like to play it very often, it’s really just a spamfest. Generally, more experienced players, you will not find them playing FFA very often… so if you wanted competition, you’re not going to find it there. You find new players trying to unlock weapons running around spamming them, and more power to them.

• Here’s the problem with “honor” that isn’t embedded into the rules of the game.

It’s meaningless.

When you play FFA someone is pretty much ALWAYS being teamed on. Usually because someone is trying to steal a kill. How do you solve this?

Here’s what most people think…

Make it illegal to steal kills.

Make it illegal to 2 v 1.

Problem solved, right? Nope. Now you’ve just opened up a whole new can of worms.

Not only did you create a new official layer of griefing (as people will still do those things) but you’ve opened up a bunch of exploits that people can use to be even bigger jerks.

Illegal to 2 v 1? Awesome. When I’m fighting someone while the other guy is graciously waiting for his turn maybe I’ll sneak attack him. Now it’s illegal for the guy I’m fighting to attack me (can’t 2 v 1) and I get a free attempt at a blindside. If that battle starts to go bad I’ll simply attack someone else rendering me invulnerable to my former opponent lest they want to be kicked.

Any archer trying to shoot anyone who someone else has noticed can be kicked for 2 v 1 since, hey, that guy already had someone running up to fight him. The archer is now responsible for that.

People could run from fights and not have to worry about getting taken down because that would be kill stealing. So be prepared to be kicked if some almost dead guy comes blitzing around the corner and you hit him. You have to wait and make sure he wasn’t someone else’s property. And also home he doesn’t decide to attack you in order to get the other guy off his back since that guy isn’t allowed to 2 v 1.

See, when you can’t control something reasonably the answer is to not control it at all and let it be what it is. 2 v 1 got you down? Grab a partner and do it back. Don’t think that’s fun? Hey, that’s a fair mindset to have. But the play stretches as far as the rules and thems the rules.

Free-for-all does NOT say how you HAVE to get kills. People like to pretend that the title creates some sort of rule of engagement about running around fighting people by yourself but it doesn’t. It literally just says that no one is on any game recognized team. That’s it. You don’t see people complaining when a person is running around not killing anyone. Because they’re not winning. So it pretty much boils down to people just hating the things that create wins.

• I’m not like against FFA or anything, i just don’t like to play it very often, it’s really just a spamfest.

Granted 32 player on Arena is certainly a bit tight and pretty damned hard to survive.

I prefer a range between 10-24 players and not Arena. The more players there are, the harder it is to survive. It can be done and it is satisfying to be 30/3 or similar on a 24 player FFA server. You have to play very well indeed for that.

FFA is best at training what I listed above because it is all compacted together, you have far more opportunities to practice each of those skills whilst not feeling you have to do any team objective.

Team Deathmatch can also help, although it throws in skills regarding not getting hit by your own team but it dilutes the other skills due to reduced numbers.

As for people talking about that MAA or whatever behind you waiting to kill, you know he is there expect it. If attacking the player in front of you means dying by the guy behind you, then don’t attack the guy in front of you. Instead get out of that situation, make yourself a harder target for both of them and they will swap over to attacking the perceived easier target, each other. Then step back in finishing 1 or both of them off. Or just run away and find another fight. It’s FFA not duel mode, running off to find easier targets is perfectly acceptable.

The first rule of FFA is to stay alive, you can’t get any kills during the 15 seconds or so waiting to respawn. It is often also worthwhile spending some time resting to regen health instead of going on a suicide mission.

FFA is not waste of time and good players DO play it, as well as all the game modes. As each mode will help both directly and indirectly in other modes and each mode trains skills in a different way.

• The first FFA rule is to kill a maximum of players, that’s all. The KD doesn’t count in the leaderboard so most of the time it’s rush+swing+suicide in a pack. The best way to train is lts mode where the first rule is really to survive.

• Meh… bottom line. Free for all means anything goes… period. Deal with it or don’t play the mode if you don’t like having no rules. The basis upon free for all is NO RULES… NO HOLDS BARRED, str8 up combat whatever and however you want to do it.