No flinch to teammates

• I can see the useful of this coding that disabled flinching caused by an teammate, yet I would wish to see an option to enable it. Its rather confusing when you fight two opponents, then guy one strikes guy two and puts him in a flinch animation where guy two nearly get 100% of his attack concealed due to two animations. In average public servers, there are even a 50% team damage reduction, yet in competive play, we play with 100% team damage, and I would also like to see an option to enable flinch to even teammates, cause this will force you to be more concern about not hitting your own teammate. No flinch for teammates should stay along with the 50% team damage reduction in the public server, 100% FF for competive gameplay please.

• Makes sense, sure. Add the server option.

• Wolfy, I love you.

• Yeh, I totally agree with this.

• Agreed 100%

• Agreed.

• A Greed.

• great idea.

• Just make flinch of team mates compulsory IMO.

• @wildwulfy:

cause this will force you to be more concern about not hitting your own teammate

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

• @giantyak:

Just make flinch of team mates compulsory IMO.

There is absolutely no need to make ANYTHING compulsory. Giving the server host an option for one or the other will always be better.

Now, whether team-mate flinch should be default or not is a different story. IMO, no. This won’t make pubs care any more about hitting team-mates because it doesn’t affect people who TK, only the people getting TKed.

• I think this is a bad idea.

You flinch when you get hit because you got hit and that’s bad. There is already team damage reduction. Now you want to give people the freedom to coordinate tandem attacks easier because crossing your teammates won’t stop them from getting attacks off?

I don’t like it.

I’m also not a big fan of “server options” a well. Might as well just drop a big divider in the community. It’s hard enough to maintain a community between team modes and maps. But people want server options to adjust so many components. How do they plan on reconciling the fact that you will essentially be creating all these niche rulesets, killing any sort of standard and creating a bunch of expectations amongst a bunch of people as to what’s the “Right” way to play?

• @Dark:

I think this is a bad idea.

You flinch when you get hit because you got hit and that’s bad. There is already team damage reduction. Now you want to give people the freedom to coordinate tandem attacks easier because crossing your teammates won’t stop them from getting attacks off?

I don’t like it.

I’m also not a big fan of “server options” a well. Might as well just drop a big divider in the community. It’s hard enough to maintain a community between team modes and maps. But people want server options to adjust so many components. How do they plan on reconciling the fact that you will essentially be creating all these niche rulesets, killing any sort of standard and creating a bunch of expectations amongst a bunch of people as to what’s the “Right” way to play?

You misunderstand. Right now, hitting teammates does not cause flinching, it only damages them. ‘We want flinching’ is basically what people are saying so hitting a teammate is no different from hitting an enemy.

• Reflect team damage back to whoever dealt it.

Team kills should not count towards a death.

Score should be reduced by -20, not just 10.

I’m in favor of making team damage and kills extremely punishing to whoever does it. It’s the only way people will learn. It might make pub games fun again so I can have fun doing more than dueling and fighting at the end of LTS games when my allies are thankfully dead.

• @The:

Reflect team damage back to whoever dealt it.

Team kills should not count towards a death.

Score should be reduced by -20, not just 10.

Yes, yes and yes.

• As some have already pointed it out, to implement reflected team damage is not entirely a good idea as you could be punished for your mates getting stupidly into your slash. And this does happen a lot.

Whereas to have 100% damage on team hits plus flinch will greatly punish the entire team for its carelessness and therefore be very good in competitive mode. Public servers could still stand by 50% damage and no flinch.

We could also implement kicking mechanics for too high team damage or team kills. Once again something that servers can set on/off at will.

• What the fuck.

I thought it was like this normally where you COULD flinch team mates?

I always thought something was off when a Vanguard attacks through his own ally friendly and I parry his attack but it doesn’t interrupt the second friendly Vanguard.

What the shit, this makes me legitimately sad that it is like this. :( Surely it would be normal to presume that getting hit by ANYTHING during windup would flinch you, teammate or otherwise.

• I want flinching because group fights are hard enough without 2 knights being able to attack me through each other because half the damage is reduced and it doesn’t affect their attacks. Seems every successful uneven fight I have ends with some greedy vanguard with a bardiche sweeping through his teammates to kill me.

• @Asmon:

As some have already pointed it out, to implement reflected team damage is not entirely a good idea as you could be punished for your mates getting stupidly into your slash. And this does happen a lot.

Whereas to have 100% damage on team hits plus flinch will greatly punish the entire team for its carelessness and therefore be very good in competitive mode. Public servers could still stand by 50% damage and no flinch.

We could also implement kicking mechanics for too high team damage or team kills. Once again something that servers can set on/off at will.

Even in public matches, I very rarely ever hit someone else. Either I move the sword away (I don’t slash much at all when team mates are around) or I cancel it. Now if team damage reflected back on you, maybe people, even in public games, would try to avoid hitting their damn allies.

• Can you get flinched by team projectiles.

I swear I’ve been flinched many, many times when I’m about to or just started my windup to hit an enemy and an arrow, rock or shoe hits me in the back and knocks me out of the attack. If I don’t die (to the opponent I was going to kill and turn around I see a team ranged guy looking a bit sheepish.

So what is going on there?