Be invincible

• Hi everybody. Before I start I’ve to say I’m French so my English may not be perfect (you know, frenchies and foreign languages… :p)

My question is very simple. I want to know if it’s technically possible to build up a server on which every player (8 max in fact) would be invincible.

Why ? Well… I tried to explain it in French and the idea was not welle received at all. Sad, but anyway !

In fact I would like to create a new concept : a training serv. On this one, you could fight with your friends (that’s why I don’t want it to be a big serv !) in order to train to block, avoid, or place (counter) attacks.

What is the use of doing that ? Well, I don’t want to spoil my Duals V/D ratio first of all and then, that’s a way for me to simply train, like policemen, soldats, firemen (or even warriors in the ancient times) do. Because yes, before fighting bad guys, terrorists or fire, they do practice fights, fake fights. And I think that’s could be a very good idea to set that on the serv. Meaning that experimented people could help beginners which could help others players in the future.

I want to rent a server, and I’d simply like to know if it is possible, or not.

Thank you !

• You might be able to adjust weapon damage values all to 0. Maybe.

• If you play FFA, I believe you can adjust the teamdamage value to 0.

• I wouldn´t put the weap damage on 0 necessarily. The player should still know how many times he´s been hit and how much more he needs to train. Just a suggestion :-)

• Hi phosis from jvc :p

• Haha Karam, spotted :p

Not a bad idea to not set 0 damage but some little damage to count, ect.
    And what about the idea, do you find it good ?

• Absolutely!
    And it would be even more fun to play TO or Last team standing with all weapons set to 5 dmg :D :D :D . It would like like a Hollywood movie!!

• Hmmm… I think that goes too far for me.

Is there somebody here that got a serv who can try for me?

• This would be a pretty cool idea if it were possible. I hope it is.

@bada:

If you play FFA, I believe you can adjust the teamdamage value to 0.

I’m almost certain that wouldn’t work.
    Although technically everyone is on the Agatha side, the game treats all other players as enemies (as evidenced by the chase mechanic working, damage causing flinches and the fact that if you try to kick someone it will always say “Team damage: 0%”), so even though the server may have a constant team-damage setting of 50%, 30%, 0%, 80% etc. you’ll always deal 100% damage in FFA, despite the teamdamage settings never changing.

• Good idea, however you are losing a big training point. That is how many times you need to hit a class with a certain weapon before they die. That is very useful…

Just start a FFA server on Arena map and play it that way. You still can train, have duels and whatnot also learn about the damage stuff.

• Hi.

I’ve told somebody to try and the changes didn’t affect the games. Any suggestion ?

• Fine, I’ll tell you kids how to accomplish this.

Open UDKFamilyInfo.ini in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\UDKGame\Config

Create an agatha & mason variant of each class, ex:

[AOC.AOCFamilyInfo_Agatha_Archer]
    [AOC.AOCFamilyInfo_Mason_Archer]
    [AOC.AOCFamilyInfo_Agatha_ManAtArms]
    [AOC.AOCFamilyInfo_Mason_ManAtArms]
    etc. (Just copy the defaults in the beginning of the file.

Set all Health to -1.

Default:

Health=100

-1 health makes it so that players can not die, thus, invulnerable.

You’re welcome.

• @Dibbz:

This would be a pretty cool idea if it were possible. I hope it is.

@bada:

Although technically everyone is on the Agatha side, the game treats all other players as enemies (as evidenced by the chase mechanic working, damage causing flinches and the fact that if you try to kick someone it will always say “Team damage: 0%”), so even though the server may have a constant team-damage setting of 50%, 30%, 0%, 80% etc. you’ll always deal 100% damage in FFA, despite the teamdamage settings never changing.

It works just fine. I believe you can use a console command to set team damage during the FFA mode, and then chip away at eachother. The admins on one of the FFA duel servers I visit like to screw around. I’ve played a few rounds like that, with it taking 15-20 hits to kill eachother.

• setting -1hp make players “paralyzed”. They can’t move and they’re blood covered, as if they’re dead in fact.

• @DSMatticus:

@Dibbz:

This would be a pretty cool idea if it were possible. I hope it is.

@bada:

It works just fine. I believe you can use a console command to set team damage during the FFA mode, and then chip away at eachother. The admins on one of the FFA duel servers I visit like to screw around. I’ve played a few rounds like that, with it taking 15-20 hits to kill eachother.

But it does not work for me (maybe since the last updates?) !

I tried the method of JHoersten2 on my server no-Dedicated

UDKGame \ Config \ UDKFamilyInfo.ini

I change Health = 100 -> Health = -1

result player paralyzed, unable to move.

Then I changed Health = 100000

You can move and fight with the strength of a god 8-)

Thank you !