Game Mode Ideas

• Juggernaut:
    One (or just very few) person(s) gets a maul. They are invincible. Everyone else is archer with only fists. The objective is to be the last person alive during that round. Next round, different Juggernauts, repeat. Smaller maps would probably fit best.

Pillage The Village: Seige
    I already had an idea for a gamemode based on Stoneshill first objective of killing villagers and burning houses to gain points while fighting other players. This is about shooting catapults and ballistae at a village to destroy houses and kill peasants to gain points… Basically, you sit on the outside of a valley with a village in the middle. Your opponents also sit around the outside and everyone is launching boulders and stuff at the village trying to get points.

Capture and Hold
    This idea pretty much comes directly from Tribes:Ascend. They have a game mode where the maps have 3-5 points to capture. When you run across the capture point, it converts to your team and gives points over time. After an amount of time, a team will reach x number of points and win.

Weapon vs Weapon
    This game mode could work for anything already in game. Basically, it’s an existing game type but at the start, players vote on 1 of 3 weapons that everyone is forced to use during the entire game. Maybe a way to force infinite ammo throwables? LTS smoke pots only! :lol:

Assassin
    This one is about using archer’s backstab bonus to the extreme! A map with loads of bushes and trees to hide in and one team is unarmed and gathering firewood or something from around the map to keep their fire going in the camp in the middle of the map. The “assassins” would be a much smaller team or even a single person trying to kill off the people gathering wood for points. the team gathering wood gain points based on fire burning time. Of course, the assassin could be punched to death… This would be the only way to defend yourself as a gatherer, but can’t punch while carrying wood!

• assassin game is kinda cool but …. unarmed?XD really?
    still nice idea.

• I made a seperate topic about this gamemode, it can be found here. I’ll still leave this here though, incase I forgot something or people find this easier to understand (even though I doubt that).

After I read “Capture and Hold” and 3-5 capturepoints I thought about the War gamemode in CoD:WaW (INB4 hate) and came up with an idea which is a small modification of that gametype.

(Similiar to the War gamemode) You have five points that can be captured, and all of them must be captured to win. You can only capture them one by one, starting at each teams spawn.

• • • • •
    These dots represent the capture-areas, where the red dot is the Mason spawn and the blue dot is the Agatha spawn.

Each of the 2 teams will have one flag each, situationed at the capture-area closest to their spawn by the beginning of a game.
    To capture a point/area they’ll need to move their flag forward to the next area (the flag can be picked up, and uses as a weapon like in CTF).

However, this is the interesting part.
    As the captured territory of the 2 teams border eachother the team will first have to neutralize the area by moving the other team’s flag back:
    • • • • •
    • • • • •
    • • • • •

To prevent trolling / abusing the ability to pick up flags, the other team should only be allowed to pick up your team’s flag if your captured area is bordering their captured area. Moving the other team’s flag behind your flag/area should kill the flag-carrier and return the flag to prevent retreating to your spawn with the enemy’s flag.
    EDIT: Friendly team can push flags towards enemy’s spawn, and enemy team can push flag towards friendly team’s spawn

The last flag/area doesn’t need to be moved to a specific place; it only needs to be picked up so you can plant your own team’s flag there instead.

As a last addition the planting and picking up of flags should have an animation that lasts a few seconds, endangering yourself if you try to pick it up while there are enemies close by.

The match will be won when one of the teams have captured all of the areas or the time runs out, in which case the team that currently holds the highest amount of areas win.

This text is a little messy, I’ll probably clean it up later.

What do you think about this idea? Please leave your ideas/feedback or possible balance issues and similiar.

EDIT: Wow, this wall of text grew bigger than I imagined it would.

• @Thorendir:

assassin game is kinda cool but …. unarmed?XD really?
    still nice idea.

Well, yeah… You want the assassin guy to have the upper hand… Assassins always have the upper hand :lol:

• Could force unthrowable torches for wood gatherers in assassin mode :)

• I love Juggernaut, Assassin, and Weapon vs Weapon. I loved the Saxton Hale mod in TF2, so Juggernaut would be fun :P Also, everyone using hunting knives, mauls, quarterstaves, or forks would be awesome. :D

• @Ranulf:

I love Juggernaut, Assassin, and Weapon vs Weapon. I loved the Saxton Hale mod in TF2, so Juggernaut would be fun :P Also, everyone using hunting knives, mauls, quarterstaves, or forks would be awesome. :D

Maybe we should get our group doing some battles using those! Sounds fun!