[Gamemode] Tug o' War

• Tug o’ War

After reading Slaughervomit’s gamemode ideas topic I thought of this gamemode, based on the War gametype from CoD: WaW. You can find my original post in that thread.

It will actually be the opposite of Tug of War - as Mason and Agatha push instead of pull - however, the core of the gamemode is the same.

There will be 5 areas that both the Mason Order and the Agatha Knights will try to capture, being positioned in a relatively straight line, and thus trying to “push” the other team. You can not skip areas; you must have the previous area before you can capture the next one.
    Note: red is obviously Masons, and blue is Agatha. Those two areas should start captured
    • • • • •

The area that is positioned closest to the enemy’s spawnpoint will be marked by a flag that can be picked up by both teams, but a certain criteria must be met.

Flags should have an animation for picking up and planting flags that lasts a few long seconds, leaving people trying to pick up or planting a flag vulnerable to melee-attacks canceling the action (ranged weapons should not cancel/flinch the planting / picking up, as it would make it nearly impossible to do if the enemy has a skilled archer.
    As for points from doing the objective, I would suggest giving a player 5 points upon picking up a flag, and 25 for planting. And to award people defending the flag-carrier they could be given a 20-50% increase in points for a kill if the killed enemy was situated close (5 meter radius?) to the flag-carrier upon death

A team-member can not pick up his own team’s flag if the territory of the enemy flag is bordering on their territory, like this:
    • • • • •

A team-member can not move the enemy’s flag further back if the territory of the 2 teams aren’t bordering eachother:
    • • • • •

A team can only capture a neutral area, meaning they have to move the other team’s flag back before they can move their forward.

An area will be neutralized when the flag of the team holding the area is planted at the previous area.

A player should be killed if he attempts to move his team’s or the enemy’s flag behind their frontline, to prevent turtling with it at their spawn, making enemies unable to neutralize/capture any area.

The final flag does not need to be moved to a specific place, but it has to be moved out of the way by making another player pick it up, so the other team’s flag can be planted there instead.

The match will be won when a team has captured all of the areas. Or the time runs out, in which case the team that holds the most areas at the end of the match will win.

Please feel free to leave feedback, suggestions, balance issues, etc.

• Bump?

• Aha, this is just like War of the Roses conquest.

Me gusta ;)

• Changed title to attract users.

• @Toans:

Changed title to attract users.

Oh I thought you were just being an asshole.

Still not interested.

• Changing the title to “This game is shit” is not what I learned in Marketing 101.

Just puts me off any interest at all in your post.

• @Toans:

The match will be won when a team has captured all of the areas. Or the time runs out, in which case the team that holds the most areas at the end of the match will win.

Or the areas may generate points, so even if the course reverses, the team with more points wins. Or probably not, it could just slow down the pace. Hm.

A team can only capture a neutral area, meaning they have to move the other team’s flag back before they can move their forward.

Hm, let them just toss the flag away, it’s silly to replant the flag into an enemy outpost. I can even imagine the enemy flag becoming a one use throwable javelin. :D After unplanting, a new flag will be born automatically on the nearest outpost.

• @Toans:

Changed title to attract users.

lol that is pretty smart

• @Toans:

Now that I’ve gotten your attention, keep reading.

@Toans:

Flags should have an animation for picking up and planting flags that lasts a few long seconds, leaving people trying to pick up or planting a flag vulnerable

Any rewards4 the flag bearer?
    If not ima not touching!

• @Rodelero:

@Toans:

Now that I’ve gotten your attention, keep reading.

I know :3. It’s just that I find it really annoying that my idea doesn’t get any feedback. It’s better to just get a “No, this idea suck” rather than having it buried without any replies. I guess other people might think the same when it comes to their own topics.

@Rodelero:

@Toans:

Flags should have an animation for picking up and planting flags that lasts a few long seconds, leaving people trying to pick up or planting a flag vulnerable

Any rewards4 the flag bearer?
    If not ima not touching!

Really important part which I never thought of. I’ll add it to the OP.

EDIT: On a second thought; how points are distributed for doing the objective can be debatable. Though they flag-carrier should get the most amount, people helping the flag-carrier should also get some points as the flag-carrier won’t be able to complete the objective without his team helping.

• @Toans:

I know :3. It’s just that I find it really annoying that my idea doesn’t get any feedback. It’s better to just get a “No, this idea suck” rather than having it buried without any replies. I guess other people might think the same when it comes to their own topics.

believe me ur not alone.

@Toans:

Really important part which I never thought of. I’ll add it to the OP.

it happends glad2 help

• Hello? Anyone?

• Sounds like an overcomplicated version of TF2 5CP.

Which itself would probably work great in Chiv.

• Give it some time. When the time is right, take this out again

• I like it. I’d play it :)

• Sounds like a good idea to me.

Also I feel for your frustration, I’m trying to get some love for my Last Person Standing Gamemode idea.
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11588

• Bump?