Stuck on Server Loading Screen

• when i try and join my server today it stays at the loading screen forever and does not join. other ppl in teamspeak reported the same, so whats the deal now?

This kinda stuff is really geting old , i sure hope u guys kick it into overdrive soon and fix this game

turns out i had to close steam completly and then restart it and the game to b able to join, how is that possible?

• Because Steam + the server browser = fail.

• @WARSAW:

turns out i had to close steam completly and then restart it and the game to b able to join, how is that possible?

You need to be authenticated to Steam to join a game server. Sometimes Steam can take a dump on your connection/authentication. I don’t really know the entire details of how it works from Steam’s end though so I can’t explain it better. Best we can do is speculate. Something like your connection to Steam might be considered “stale”.

• @Kimiko:

Because Steam + the server browser = fail.

I wouldn’t point blame at the server browser for this one.

• This happened last night as well. As seen in this thread. Also I had 2 friends experience the same problem. They were only able to join this one random server. Wish I saw this post sooner and would have tried the gamemode change to see if that fixed it.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=11488

• I had a friend who couldn’t join any Official Servers last night with this problem. He could join any non-Official though. Restarting Steam didn’t fix it. It was weird.

• lol kimi :)