Mirror friendly fire

• I didnt like sly´s suggestion at first, but after logging into a server and dying 10 times in a row to friendly fire and ranged weapons, without the opportunity to land a single strike on an opponent at all, I think this is a MUST. Specially since, when you check the name of the teamhitter, hes usually the same that hit you the 3 or 4 previous rounds.

• And just think - friendly fire in Chivalry is actually reduced :)

I’m still all for a mirror FF option.

• This should be a server side setting 100%

I want to be able to play:
    competitive/advanced servers that don’t punish for or reduce team dmg at all

Intermediate Server with slightly reduced team damage (like it is now) AND mirror dmg like suggested by OP

Pub severs with no team dmg of any kind but still to encourage actually aiming have players lose endurance when they would otherwise cause damage to a team mate

All 3 of these option will cater to different players and all 3 are essential I think.

Mirror damage as just a flat always on setting will cause issues with organized competitive play. For example the gates breached enemy is about to overtake the defenders but we still have 1 or 2 guys there slowing them down. They are dead no matter what I do but I have a handy siege weapon in front of me aimed at the door. In this situation team killing my 2 guys to take out their 7-8 coming through is 100% the right move to make and in a comp game doing so should not also kill me (mirror dmg) or kick me from the server because of some stupid auto team damage kick mechanism.

At the same time you’ll have people in pup games that just have to be an @$$ hole and go around team killing so mirror dmg or even no team dmg in more casual servers is also a good thing. This is why all 3 of these options I think are important.

• I agree with that. In a competitive setting 100% friendly fire is a must or else gangbanging becomes intolerable. It’s already really hard to fight vs. multiple opponents in Chivalry compared to AoC in my opinion because of the reduced friendly fire damage and the much more easy to control swings.

• Even though I’m hitting enemies through my teammates, I’ve been naughty and need to be punished.
    Haven’t experienced that much FF except for noob archers and Bry103248 or whatever his name is, but mirrored damage is a good idea for pubs with ff.

• I agree with NegativeZer0, those options sound perfect. And the options need to be displayed clearly when joining the server too.
    I had a few rounds of LTS in an Aussie server just now where some fools were attacking their own teammates on purpose even after we’d explained the rules. It wasn’t very fun!

• @NegativeZer0:

This should be a server side setting 100%

I want to be able to play:
    competitive/advanced servers that don’t punish for or reduce team dmg at all

Intermediate Server with slightly reduced team damage (like it is now) AND mirror dmg like suggested by OP

Pub severs with no team dmg of any kind but still to encourage actually aiming have players lose endurance when they would otherwise cause damage to a team mate

All 3 of these option will cater to different players and all 3 are essential I think.

Mirror damage as just a flat always on setting will cause issues with organized competitive play. For example the gates breached enemy is about to overtake the defenders but we still have 1 or 2 guys there slowing them down. They are dead no matter what I do but I have a handy siege weapon in front of me aimed at the door. In this situation team killing my 2 guys to take out their 7-8 coming through is 100% the right move to make and in a comp game doing so should not also kill me (mirror dmg) or kick me from the server because of some stupid auto team damage kick mechanism.

At the same time you’ll have people in pup games that just have to be an @$$ hole and go around team killing so mirror dmg or even no team dmg in more casual servers is also a good thing. This is why all 3 of these options I think are important.

+1. Yet there are dark sides to Miror firendly fire : teammates that act irresponsibly and go in you weapon trajectory, making team cooperation difficult.

• I’d like the friendly fire to be just as high as dmg towards enemies. I always strafe to make enemies hit eachother while fighting several guys at once. It’s a pretty sweet tactic and it’s also a risk you will take while gangbanging. Might cause players to fight a bit more fair.

• @SlyGoat:

… because of the reduced friendly fire damage and the much more easy to control swings.

Is there a reduced FF damage in C:MW? :( No wonder I seem to not get enemies killing each other when rushing trough them. That seriously hinders this kind of tactical play if such a thing is actually on.

Remove it, please, or atleast make it a serverside admin option thingy with a slider. Reflective on/off and also the dmg %.

• Give servers lots of options and make sure there’s an easy way for people joining them to see the settings before and after entering the server seems like the right way to go.

• @Oscar:

Give servers lots of options and make sure there’s an easy way for people joining them to see the settings before and after entering the server seems like the right way to go.

yes, yes and yes.

• Tibberius bane killed me earlier today. maybe we should just perma ban people like him.

they should increase the ff amount from %50

i have a feeling that the possibility of people injuring themselves while trying to help their teammates will end up making them not be so helpful because they wont want to kill themselves

• @BrandonB890:

i have a feeling that the possibility of people injuring themselves while trying to help my teammates will end up making them not be so helpful because they wont want to kill myself

Good. I’d rather the game encourage you to hesitate and look for an opportunity to attack an enemy who’s already fighting an ally than what it does currently, which is to encourage you to hit right through your team because you’ll do twice as much damage to the enemy.

• Imo, i think the low damage is “okay” for most people, hell I got trapped in with an ally and an enemy, I noticed I was hardly damaging allies (bolts before) so i just kept slashing (quicker seen as block and hit takes too damn long vs a longsword) and killed the enemy while hitting team mate :P

If anything should go back up, it did become annoying in aoc yeah, without Admins etc, but if it’s to be a setting / choice I’d rather it be given as a server side setting with the options to see settings before entering a server as stated above.

• @SlyGoat:

I agree with that. In a competitive setting 100% friendly fire is a must or else gangbanging becomes intolerable. It’s already really hard to fight vs. multiple opponents in Chivalry compared to AoC in my opinion because of the reduced friendly fire damage and the much more easy to control swings.

I agree also. This just makes the game more spammy.

I feel the game is moving away from AOC and is becoming more mainstream.
    First it was 3rd person view then unlimited stamina and now this is much worse. So what is next?