Endless freeze/hang upon entering any game mode



  • whether entering training, joining a server, or creating your own game; any time that supposedly you’re supposed to enter a map i guess - the music starts, but the screen doesn’t go anywhere, nothing happens.

    checklist:
    -upon first encountering this issue, i verified the integrity of the game cache
    -that not helping, i removed the game and downloaded again, to the same effect
    -driver is up to date
    -no difference between launching from steam or straight up through UDK in the game directory
    -graphics set to ~med quality with most if not all light/shadow effects disabled
    -i did try that msconfig thing (i have quad core cpu), first setting # of cpus to 4, then 2, then back again to 4, to no avail

    all i can do is mess around with options, customize my helmet (not that i can because lol cant play), and view the credits. oh joy



  • Are your drivers up to date? Did you try deleting the Chivalry folder from “My Documents” then allowing Steam to re-acquire it?


  • Developer

    And by “the screen doesn’t go anywhere”, what do you mean? Is it black? Does it sit at the loading screen? Does it stay at the menu? Is the screen static, or are elements on it still moving?



  • Yes, drivers are up to date, I mentioned that before. I did delete the chiv folder from the ‘my documents’, then had Steam verify the integrity of the game cache. Same result, freeze. Though I guess freeze isn’t entirely accurate, as the process remains in running mode, and the music continues to change, and run. So to the other question upon launcing a game of any kind it just stays at the loading screen, going static; the fog stops spreading, and the water isn’t running.



  • oh hai
    one good thing to report: the beta seems to work (barring the training mode where there’s a massive graphics issue - like missing textures, lights, you can see your sword and subtitles come on but the rest is black), but all that means is that i get to play with bots.



  • le bump



  • Can you go to My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKEngine.ini and delete the line that says Suppress=DevOnline and try again and then post that Launch.log. Thanks.



  • @b3h47pte:

    Can you go to My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKEngine.ini and delete the line that says Suppress=DevOnline and try again and then post that Launch.log. Thanks.

    Same result, but here it is.



  • Would be great to get some feedback, guys, kinda left me hanging there, going on a month now, y’know. I mean, we’re old friends, you never write me, you never call. Don’t you want to be friends no more?



  • All the usual fixes are failing here. After some digging through the thread archives, this is worth a shot:

    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6174



  • @Andrew:

    All the usual fixes are failing here. After some digging through the thread archives, this is worth a shot:

    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6174

    Well, tried that, unfortunately, no dice.



  • Sup.



  • Alright, I’ll excuse you guys today, of all days, blaze it up, but don’t drive baked. Don’t want you dead or maimed before this is fixed.



  • Closing in on a milestone soon.



  • Make sure that you’re using the latest WHQL nvidia driver.

    Remove the launch properties.

    -nointro -nomovie -nocinematic
    

    Delete the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games. Launch game without changing any video settings and connect to a server.

    Also, what’s up with your DxDiag?

    Operating System: Windows 7 Ìàêñèìàëüíàÿ 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
    
    
    Monitor Name: Óíèâåðñàëüíûé ìîíèòîð PnP
    


  • @ReMixx:

    Make sure that you’re using the latest WHQL nvidia driver.

    Remove the launch properties.

    Delete the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games. Launch game without changing any video settings and connect to a server.

    Also, what’s up with your DxDiag?

    -Sure, when in doubt, go for the driver. I’ll just wait another ~2 months so I can get that sage advice again, who knows, there might actually be an update in that time.
    -Done did it.
    -Did that in previous attempts, now just downloaded the game again, should be just as well.
    -The weird characters are probably some unicode eff-up because my OS is in russian. Should be inconsequential; this is literally the first game to completely fail on me in 5-6 years.

    Anyway, same old problem.

    EDIT: Maybe it’s the change in launch properties, or that I cleaned up the drivers and applied them again, but the issue seems to have gone away for now. Can actually get in a game now, will see if it keeps up.



  • Okay we’ll put this on hold until we hear back from you that it’s not working well. I hope I don’t hear back from you (no offense - that would be a good thing :D ).


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.