Third person aiming off center

• When you are aiming in third person using a bow,throwing knives,axes ETC. It throws them to the very end of the left side of the crosshair, it doesn’t throw it down the center, like how it does when you throw/shoot things in first person. I hope that’s possible to fix, because I’m always playing in third person, and I’ve been playing archer, trying to do the 10k arrows from short bow achievement, and every time i have to switch between weapons, that means i also have to switch between first person, and third person.

Not sure whether this belongs in gaming and mechanics, or ideas and suggestions, this is part if the mechanics of gaming….but I’m also making a suggestion that can hopefully be resolved within Torn Banner’s powers.

I’ve messed around with the UDK myself not exactly a walk in the park, especially if you have to figure problems out that people have reported. or figure problems out within the game files themselves. But hey, that’s just me talkin’ I’m no developer of games, so what do I know?

• They did it on purpose to fuck up the advantages of third person.

Press P again and at least its horizontally on target, just adjust for height.

Edit Oh and for archer bow/xbow not worth doing 3rd person, just stick with 1st person and die if you get into melee. I prefer 3rd for javelins though.

• @gregcau:

They did it on purpose to fuck up the advantages of third person.

Not sure about it being “on purpose” as this is an indie game, it’s not like it was done by people that work for EA, which happens to be bigger than per say…“Torn Banner.”(but than again even EA has their own problems) My point is that this game was made from a free program done by a small group of people, and this game still needs further development. I’ve seen games that do third person aiming just fine, I’m just hopeing the developers are able to fix the third person aiming, hopefully an easy solution.

• 3rd person games will always suffer from this when using projectiles rather than hitscan. Your models will NEVER line up with that crosshair and the further the view the more pronounced the difference. Since this game not only goes back but to the sides of the player it’s more pronounced.

They could try changing the view a bit or changing the location of the crosshair, but moving it from the center is messing with convention in an awful way.

• @MetalDevil19:

I’m just hoping the developers are able to fix the third person aiming, hopefully an easy solution.

I brought this up before and I was told by a mod that it was purposefully placed off center, that it was not a bug, they did it balance the advantages 3rd person views have over 1st person views.

• Wow, I’m actually Dumbfounded….