Weird screen glitch (tear?)

• So this is a bit of a weird one and I really don’t know what to do about it. Chivalry was running absolutely fine on my computer when I first downloaded it. I had been playing around with the drivers as they weren’t working properly after I reinstalled windows. About a week later I needed to use other programs (Adobe CS6 suite) which didn’t work so played around with drivers a bit more and finally fixed my problem and could use the Adobe programs again. Now when I play Chivalry however I get massive stretched shapes (normally triangles). They look like they have stretched textures on them. This is apparent on the main menu and in game. What’s weird is that it is only at certain parts of the levels on certain levels but makes the game unplayable. I’ve attached an image I took with my phone of the main screen as print screen just came up with a black rectangle.

Computer spec:

HP Envy 14
    i5 M450 2.40GHz
    8GB Ram
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650 (1GB)
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Also, just a quick maybe related side note. I was having real issues with Chivalry crashing, the screen going black, and then returning to the game beforehand. When I minimized Chivalry just after the crash a little notification said that the graphics driver may have crashed.

I’m guessing at some point this is going to be a driver issue but I have tried all permutations of drivers and nothing really seems to be working, I think in the end I might buy an SSD and then do a complete clean install but have no money right now.

Thanks in advance for any help, it would/will be much appreciated.

• Here’s the thing. Your graphic card is well below the minimum spec. I think you have been very fortunate to be running the game. I’d suggest rolling your drivers back to whatever allowed this game to work, and just stick with it. I know you did a clean install, but hopefully you can remember which version you had before.

Your card:
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video … 650&id=521

What you need(minimum):
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video … GT&id=1279

• Thanks for the speedy reply. I see that according to that chart my graphics card is below min spec though I have to say those charts never really convince me. I could run Chivalry on Medium/High settings, that’s with a lot of the effects turned on, 1600x900 resolution, and high texture detail etc., without problem (except occasionally it would crash which I guess was a big problem) and ran it at medium settings instead to prevent it crashing (though I’m not sure it made a difference).

I guess I’ll just have to keep fiddling with drivers, though if anyone has had this problem before and fixed it I would love to hear from them.

Thanks again