Allowing sprint after starting an attack - yes or no?

• Personally I would like to be able to sprint after I get body slammed by someone and reduced to slowly walking after I started to attack. The only way to sprint again is to stop attacking completely then start sprint again and it makes wacking through noobs a pain. I want to keep sprinting and just slash at everyone. What do you think?

• @boomandvibe:

Personally I would like to be able to sprint after I get body slammed by someone and reduced to slowly walking after I started to attack. The only way to sprint again is to stop attacking completely then start sprint again and it makes wacking through noobs a pain. I want to keep sprinting and just slash at everyone. What do you think?

I think this comes back to the:

if you are holding down the shift key make me sprint again ASAP

having to re-press down the shift key is very, very, very annoying due to the delay in realizing you have to lift it up and back down and it actually happening.

as for the having to stop attacking to start a sprint, I was not aware of that, and if that is true that is very frustrating too.

better be all fixed with the next patch otherwise I am totally going to jump on a Vanquish server and kill everyone with fists.

• Global Moderator

@gregcau:

@boomandvibe:

Personally I would like to be able to sprint after I get body slammed by someone and reduced to slowly walking after I started to attack. The only way to sprint again is to stop attacking completely then start sprint again and it makes wacking through noobs a pain. I want to keep sprinting and just slash at everyone. What do you think?

I think this comes back to the:

if you are holding down the shift key make me sprint again ASAP

having to re-press down the shift key is very, very, very annoying due to the delay in realizing you have to lift it up and back down and it actually happening.

as for the having to stop attacking to start a sprint, I was not aware of that, and if that is true that is very frustrating too.

better be all fixed with the next patch otherwise I am totally going to jump on a Vanquish server and kill everyone with fists.

Some people skip out the realisation part and just do. No time to think shit I’ve stropped running.

• No

You can already sprint too much (in combat). There was a reason why you couldn’t sprint in AoC when you engaged in combat. For the very same reason you can’t sprint in Warband (in combat).