Bad archery

• Hi, i have to say something to the archery in the game, i practice archery in real life and the speed to shoot arrows is a sh#t sorry the word but its the true, look about archery, people don’t know what is archery, i can shot 1 arrow per second and i’m only a student, some archers can shot 10 arrow in 7 seconds using the mediterranean release and if you use a thumb release can shot 10 arrows in 4,5 seconds, that’s a master.
    With the speed shooting of the game another player can run in zigzag and yo can shot a sh#t before they break your head with a hammer.

I don’t asking for poison arrow or fire arrow what burns for itself just for a more really shooting speed
    Archers in the medieval era are really bad ass men, read a book and see it.
    For example the mongolian army of Gengis Kan are more archers what everything more and instilled terror in the world (use thumb release)
    Archery is not about compound bows, the instinctive archery is to shot fast and with accuracy.

Thanks

• There is a point where game balance has to take precedent over realism

even if they lowered the damage per arrow it wouldn’t be very fun for anyone involved if archers were able to shoot an arrow every second

• OK, but why you can’t kick with a bow? you have the legs free, no have sense have to change weapon to kick! :?

• @ARchery1841:

OK, but why you can’t kick with a bow? you have the legs free, no have sense have to change weapon to kick! :?

not all weapons have the luxury of being well away from a kicks reach
    would make killing an archer with his ranged weapon out slightly more bothersome

• The true is what archers suck in melee, and if you could kick with a bow in hand don’t have time to “charge” an arrow but give you the time to change weapon, kick with bow don’t turn that archer in a killing machine :?

• @ARchery1841:

The true is what archers suck in melee, and if you could kick with a bow in hand don’t have time to “charge” an arrow but give you the time to change weapon, kick with bow don’t turn that archer in a killing machine :?

The Archer is balanced right now. Giving him power, even just a little bit, will unnecessarily mess with that balance. Unless you can provide some objective evidence that the Archer needs to be able to kick, I disapprove.

You said it yourself; it gives you time to change your weapon. That’s an ability an Archer does not deserve to have right now.

• I must think you are a overpowered knight, archery in game suck balance is a shit, only more knight power, more melee power o that archer is GOD because hit me wit an arrow (need 2 headshoots to kil a fucking knight and the shields cover his discovered parts too like legs) an take a less of my live!!!
    Why archers must by a shit of secondary thing? you don’t know a shit of archery! :x
    Read a book of medieval tactics archery is the best of medieval era, its all an art!!
    But is something secondary because people are ignorants!! :(

For what a hell archers have 50% more damage in backtabs if in a combat you fucking can’t go behind?
    Must be dodge at less.

And not even have fire arrow but one class can throw molotovs?
    A fews fire arrows can stay in the 3 key i think.
    Whatever if you say is “balanced” go eat shit over there! ;)

I gonna buy WAR OF THE ROSE what have more “BALANCE” and give to the archery some opportunity against the brute knights :)

• While I would argue that archery does need some changes, I would also say what you propose is out of line compared to other classes. WotR takes a much more realistic spin on combat and thats fine. (I actually prefer how archery works in that game as opposed to Chiv) Chivalry is more about it’s deep melee combat. A good archer is still able to do a hell of a lot in this game, they can force the opposing team to take shields, provide cover for allies, and force the enemy to be careful in their movements.

Their melee combat is also not to be sneezed at thanks to the short sword secondaries, which are fast and deal decent damage. Granted they aren’t fantastic for melee combat, that has to be balanced from their ranged capabilities.

To be honest, Chiv shows very little resemblance to actual medieval warfare. Smaller number of combatants, large types of tactics entirely unused, entire lack of mounted units, and the list could go on. This is not a simulation. It is not meant to be realistic. A dagger parries a maul because balance dictates it, not because it should realistically/logically work. MAA stand a chance against a knight unlike on an actual battlefield.

• This is utterly the most stupidest discussion ever.
    I actually wish he had created another Feint thread instead.

There is absolutely no point in arguing against this guy. He is completely biased towards his sport. He does not care about the spirit of the game or that the Archer is a SUPPORT class. He wants everyone to be Legolas.

This is absurd.

• There are plenty of good archers that can top the scoreboards with kills, I played with one just last night
    Archer really doesn’t need any buffs

but if you want a tip on how you can get an extra second to switch to your melee when someone is attacking you, look down and duck and their slash or stab attack will go right over your head

• @BB:

but if you want a tip on how you can get an extra second to switch to your melee when someone is attacking you, look down and suck and their slash or stab attack will go right over your head

I don’t think he has any problem doing that, BB. :lolz:

Oh, and by the way, no, I’m not a Knight. Archer is one of my mains. I generally play all the classes equally, but when I pull out a Crossbow, people die.

Archers are balanced. The Warbow may be overpowered, and the Sling and Shortbow underpowered, but as a whole the class is fine.

• @NikolaiLev:

I don’t think he has any problem doing that, BB. :lolz:

lol you know what I meant

• Mongol bows were short recurve bows primarily intended to be used from horseback where a large bow wouldn’t be usable. Recurve bows have the advantage of storing more power in a shorter draw, though when fully drawn aren’t noticeably more powerful - thus they aren’t used for full draw strength shots. A compact bow used from horseback would have perhaps 60 pounds of weight in a full draw, but would probably have been released closer to 40. They were effective for their time period and region because they didn’t have to pierce much in terms of armor, and could thus be fired quickly and accurately will retaining killing power. Most modern bows are recurve bows because their purpose is sport, not killing an armored knight.

The bows in the game are modeled after English longbows. A standard longbow is around 6 feet tall and has a full draw weight of at least 100 pounds (estimates range as high as 180). Their shape and size packs the most power in a full draw and is the only reason they were effective at piercing mail, and even plate at shorter ranges. It’s been said that historical warbow archers who trained all their lives to fire the heaviest bows would only shoot 5 arrows per minute - not because they couldn’t theoretically shoot faster, but because doing so would completely exhaust their arm within minutes.

So actually the bows in the game fire much too fast. :)

• @SlyGoat:

It’s been said that historical warbow archers who trained all their lives to fire the heaviest bows would only shoot 5 arrows per minute - not because they couldn’t theoretically shoot faster, but because doing so would completely exhaust their arm within minutes.

So actually the bows in the game fire much too fast. :)

that is soooooo badass

• Look what do the arrow in the stupid mail http://www.arcomedievo.es/test4.htm

And if you use traditional bows have muscle and don’t exhaust look this even a woman can shoot fast with a 75 pounds bow!! the archery of this era are a prick using stupids bow what don’t give you muscles and need a aim to shoot, are useless people. The tradition lost in time with those assholes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9RGnujlkI

I will not lose time with this shit, archery suck in this game.

I got a life play 1 or 2 hours in 4 days, i don’t have time to stay playing 24/7 hours to shoot maybe decently in this game.

Bye…and look the speed to shoot of this master http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zGnxeSbb3g

if you shoot 5 arrows per minute you don’t have archery skills. That man use thumb release.
    You don’t need a warbow to piercing armor, and long bows are more efective what crossbows, the evolution of the bow in medieval period was primitive bow–->long bow—>crossbow(for useless weak people)—>and a more strong long bow.

Don’t believe what says in book books are written with sword asshole people, archery is the terror in medieval age, you train instinct, you train to kill fast and use poison to, 1 arrow one kill.
    I enjoy killing in hunting, i hunt no for meat, i hunt for the pleasure of killing :D

That’s archery spirit, real archery is not a sport is about be a predator…
    so goodbye…

• Again, videos of firing very short (and modern!) recurve bows without fully drawing. A warbow arrow would rip right through that target and stick in the concrete wall on other side. :P

I’m sorry, but this is the equivalent of going to the forum of a game in a World War 2 setting and saying “I can fully control the recoil of my 9mm pistol, why do the M1 Garands kick so hard?”

• @ARchery1841:

Don’t believe what says in book books are written with sword asshole people

hahaha that got me

@SlyGoat:

Again, videos of firing very short (and modern!) recurve bows without fully drawing. A warbow arrow would rip right through that target and stick in the concrete wall on other side. :P

I want to see this :O
    got any vids?

• I would say he’s trolling, but he’s posting too much and pulling out too many videos and links for the effort to be worth the reaction.

I’d say this thread deserves a lock.

• @NikolaiLev:

I would say he’s trolling, but he’s posting too much and pulling out too many videos and links for the effort to be worth the reaction.

I’d say this thread deserves a lock.

sounds to me like you’re just another sword asshole trying to put the independent archer that don’t need no melee down >:0

• That’s why I prefer Archery in War of the Roses over this game.