Fails and Buckler still God-Awful. Need a balance patch ASAP

• Flails and the Buckler…need I say more?

Let’s go step by step and see why they are absolute trash weapons that need serious buffs AND in the buckler’s case, bug fixes.

The flails:

–Horrible slow with awkward attack animations. Easily as slow as 2handers. I feel the Zweil is honestly a faster weapon. Especially when you try to use any of the combos. More than anything it needs more speed. The heavy flail on par with your average 1handers.

–Mediocre damage. Why on Earth would anyone pick a weapon that is slower than the warhammer, with lower damage, and what feels like lesser reach? It is terrible. It needs to be able to consistently kill Vangaurds in 2-shots. Even the heavy flail can’t.

–Next to no reach. Completing the trifecta of bad balance is the reach. Now if it had speed and damage, this would obviously be the off-setting part of the weapon, but it does not. So it is crap all around. Nice job, Torn Banner. Worthless weapon is terribad.

The Buckler:

–On top of being the lower end of the shields, it somehow blocks the majority of your vision. Why…why does the fast shield, the one with the least protection…cover as much if not more of my screen that the Kite Shield…while at rest.

–It’s not even fast. With the flails abysmal speed the shield does not even act as a fast quick blocker. It goes no faster than the other, far superior shields, while having far more problems. It compounds the flails already terrible attack speed and combos.

–IT IS BUGGED SO THAT ENEMY ATTACKS GO THROUGH IT. Caps lock because for God’s sake this has been an issue forever and giving the new weapons a buggy, crappy shield is a kick in the head. I have died so many times to enemy weapons CLEARLY clipping through my shield I can not even count them. This is just atrocious.

Other bits and bobs.

–You will hit-trade. Due to the terrible speed, you hit trade with a slow, average damage weapon with 2handers of the SAME speed that do more damage.

–You almost never flinch an enemy’s attack but they will flinch you. I don’t know if this is a bug or another problem with the speed of a 1hander, but you will be flinched but will almost never flinch your opponent.

–The combo’s seriously suck. The only useful attack is the third swing introduced in the patch. All of the others are worthless. This swing is the only attack that feels like it has the right speed for your weapon. But oh, it does not combo well with itself or with the other attacks. And your shield stab is worthless.

Flails need a serious buff. I honestly feel they are worse than the quarterstaff, because there you at least have working parry and not a shield that blinds you while offering the least protection on top of a bug that makes it even more worthless.

For the love of the Flails, buff them.

• I agree, it could use of a buff. In beta it was a bit overpowered, all Torn Banner needed to do was make the swings a bit slower but keep the dmg, or lower the dmg and keep the speed. Now it seem useless using it to any of the other knight primary weapons.

• Global Moderator

How about this.

The thing I have a problem with is the stamina and knock back. When I use the buckler as a knight I expect to not go flying back.

The knights buckler should have less penalties as he is well, a tank.

Though I have no problems with the buckler other than that.

The two things above the bug that the OP said is lack of skill. Te devs can’t change the fact that you suck.

The buckler is a slightly slower parry that can block arrows. You still have to turn with the buckler.

And the flail isn’t slow. I find them OP in my hands. Once again player skill the flail is not your weapon.

• The two things above the bug that the OP said is lack of skill. Te devs can’t change the fact that you suck.

The buckler is a slightly slower parry that can block arrows. You still have to turn with the buckler.

And the flail isn’t slow. I find them OP in my hands. Once again player skill the flail is not your weapon.

“I get occassional kills with this obviously underpowered weapon” and “u suck lrn2play” are not good motos to balance your game on. Please come back when you have a rational argument to why the Flail’s lack of speed, range, and damage, somehow make it better than, I don’t know…the majority of the other 1handers?

Oh right, “lrn2play” and all that.

• The overhead on the flails actually has a quite deceptively long range. That being said though, they’re random at best. They’re definitely the hardest weapon to use and feel so inconsistent. I love how their speeds are when comboing and switching from overheads to slashes and back, but it just doesn’t have a consistent hitbox when swinging so it’s way too hard to use effectively IMO. It also seems to have a weird thing where if you get blocked or parried when swinging with the flail, YOU get flinched and easily open for attacks.