[User Action Needed] Game process still running after exit

• I’ve closed out of Chivalry twice now, and both times Steam says I’m still playing the game. I try to click to play the game again and it informs me that the game is already running…so I try to close Steam and it tells me I have to close Chivalry first. The only solution I’ve found so far is starting task manager, going to processes and force closing Steam. Anyone know what the problem here is or a way to fix it?

• @Kio:

I’ve closed out of Chivalry twice now, and both times Steam says I’m still playing the game. I try to click to play the game again and it informs me that the game is already running…so I try to close Steam and it tells me I have to close Chivalry first. The only solution I’ve found so far is starting task manager, going to processes and force closing Steam. Anyone know what the problem here is or a way to fix it?

This has happened to me a few times, although this issue may need investigating if it isn’t already, I have a work-a-round which has worked for me. You may not need to restart Steam; the game may technically still be running in the processes, look for ‘UDK.exe’ and end the process. If so, you should now be able to start Chivalry again without restarting Steam.

• I have same issue. End up killing it with task manager.

• I’ll give that a try. The only reason I have been having to kill Steam is because I didn’t see Chivalry, I didn’t know it was the udk.exe, although I saw it and thought it might be, I didn’t want to kill something that I wasn’t sure what it was haha

• @Kio:

I’ll give that a try. The only reason I have been having to kill Steam is because I didn’t see Chivalry, I didn’t know it was the udk.exe, although I saw it and thought it might be, I didn’t want to kill something that I wasn’t sure what it was haha

Okay - As soon as you try it please update this thread and let me know if it worked, thanks!

Also updated subject name