Holding a bastard sword one handed..without a shield?

• Sorry, this is kind of stupid, but how have people been using a bastard sword 1hander without a shield in the other hand. And, No, I’m not lying.

• Not sure if this is an intended mechanic, I imagine it’s not as I only know one way of doing this which I discovered by mistake.

Switch to your secondary weapon where you have a shield out.
    Press 3 to lower the shield.
    Switch back to primary weapon.
    Press 1 to use it as a 1h without a shield.

• @Revak:

Not sure if this is an intended mechanic, I imagine it’s not as I only know one way of doing this which I discovered by mistake.

Switch to your secondary weapon where you have a shield out.
    Press 3 to lower the shield.
    Switch back to primary weapon.
    Press 1 to use it as a 1h without a shield.

Thanks. I always thought it’s been some kind of weird bug/glitch too. :)

• It’s a bug that should be a feature. Everyone wants it to be a feature except Tibberius (and thus refuses to fix it). Start a petition!

• @SlyGoat:

It’s a bug that should be a feature. Everyone wants it to be a feature except Tibberius (and thus refuses to fix it). Start a petition!

I would really like if it was a feature. It’s really cool, but it can be hard to differentiate the secondary swords. :D

• I sign this petition. I love using the messer 1h with no shield!

• Would be pretty cool to be able to switch directly between no-shield 1-handed and 2-handed to mix up the fighting style on the fly. :)

• @SlyGoat:

It’s a bug that should be a feature. Everyone wants it to be a feature except Tibberius (and thus refuses to fix it). Start a petition!

That sounds nice, everyone wants it but the one and only person who doesn’t play it that much doesn’t.

• @SlyGoat:

Sounds like there will be two Occupy Torn Banner movements on the go!

There may be room on Tibb’s desk for the rest of you, I heard he has one of those big evil offices with the huge swively exec chair and the fish tank with piranhas.

• @BobT36:

@SlyGoat:

Sounds like there will be two Occupy Torn Banner movements on the go!

There may be room on Tibb’s desk for the rest of you, I heard he has one of those big evil offices with the huge swively exec chair and the fish tank with piranhas.

Combine powers for shieldless flails?

• Only reason to use it is to get around shields, other than that…Eh. Make it a feature TB.

• I heard on a duel server today that this was actually explained in the tutorial, is this true?

• Its not explained on the tutorial, but I don’t think it should exists. It looks ridiculous how a long sword suddenly shrinks to fit a one hand purpose. And knights already powerful 1h at their disposal.

• Buckler one-handed without the flail would be cool - completely confuse opponents.

• @gregcau:

Buckler one-handed without the flail would be cool - completely confuse opponents.

Psssst Gregcau, Patrick isn’t an athlete.

• @ChuckingIt:

It looks ridiculous how a long sword suddenly shrinks to fit a one hand purpose.

So he can hold it 1 handed in his right hand so long as his left hand holds a shield, but if his left hand is empty it doesn’t work?

I guess the knight needs the shield as a counter-weight to or he’ll be all wonky and unbalanced. :P

• How does this work now in terms of damage? Does it basically do as much damage as it would if you hold it with a shield?

• @vanacava:

How does this work now in terms of damage? Does it basically do as much damage as it would if you hold it with a shield?

1h knight swords are the same with and without shield, but 1h is different than 2h.

Longsword (2h)
    .5/.5/.6 windups
    75/85/65 damage

Longsword (1h)
    .45/.45/.5 windups
    60/75/55

Broadsword
    .45/.4/.45 windups
    60/70/55

Relative to a broadsword, you’re trading a little bit of speed for a whole lot of reach. Relative to a longsword, you’re trading a decent bit of damage for speed. Relative to longsword+shield, you’re giving up your shield to have parry. I discovered tonight that I actually rather like this set-up. It seems like a solid middle between fast 1hers and lengthy, powerful 2hers.

• 1H bastard sword no shield actually uses 2H stats (times and damage) because of the bug. We should just allow it to be used without a shield and give it normal 1H stats IMO.

• @Martin:

1H bastard sword no shield actually uses 2H stats (times and damage) because of the bug. We should just allow it to be used without a shield and give it normal 1H stats IMO.

Single-handed SoW definitely doesn’t 3-shot kill a Knight, and speed seems exactly the same like while wielding the shield.