Is it just me or are things less consistent after last patch

• I’m about 200 hours into this game, and I used to really love it. If I lost, I always understood why. I knew what I did wrong, and most of all attacks, parries… fights in general felt very consistent. Nothing ever really felt too off (with the exception of flinching).

Now since this most recent patch it seems, about 50+ hours into dueling… I swear I’m running into more and more cases of “I don’t understand why that didn’t parry”, inconsistent movements (people connecting when it didn’t look like they were going to connect yet), some really intense flinching (not just double attacks, but often no attack at all yet still getting hit), and… Mostly weapons connecting through facehugging that doesn’t match where the tip of their weapon is (where is the tip actually connecting with the body?).

I might just be going crazy, but does anyone else feel the same way lately? Is it just me starting to see all the flaws in the system that have always been there, or are things a lot more buggy since the last patch? Maybe it’s just the dueling game-mode, or perhaps the servers? I’m not sure…
    Is this how the game will always be now? I see a lot of new content, but nothing in reference to sync and what I imagine is network lag…

Am I alone or is anyone else noticing and constantly encountering these things? (again, might be specific to duel mode or maybe the servers I play on, not sure…)

• haven’t noticed any changes
    devs haven’t changed anything either

if it’s really bothering you, you should make a video with a friend showcasing the problems, I’m sure thee devs would love that

apart from that there is this one shield bug fix they know about
    @SlyGoat:

That’s quite possibly related to what we fixed. Their attack is passing your parry box and thus making the clashing sound, but they’ve already hit you with an earlier tracer by hitting your side or back. After some internal testing blocks seem to be working far more consistently against this kind of thing.

• Yeah the buckler bug where apparently the buckler isn’t getting raised server side when you block after you just dropped your block.

However as other threads (and my experience) state, there is something really iffy about the parrying since the patch. Especially one handers apparently needing blocking past their point of impact. But also other situations where some attacks simply float through the parry.

Now I know that in the patch there hasn’t been any alterations to the parrying system, so maybe it’s simply some fix that backfired indirectly (netcode, animation, anything).
    However in the upcoming patch they adress the parrying inconsistency so I hope that will solve most problems.

• @BB:

haven’t noticed any changes

Are you a troll or are you serious? Can’t believe you are serious….

And yes something has changed with parries, there is no denying that.

• haven’t noticed shit

• @Falc:

@BB:

He comments like that in every thread, he was trying to suggest that kick and feint were unchanged since patch too. lol.

• @brewergamer:

@Falc:

@BB:

He comments like that in every thread, he was trying to suggest that kick and feint were unchanged since patch too. lol.

I never said that

kicks can stun shield users now
    and feints now cost more to use

• Don’t worry, you are definitely not going crazy.

• @yayorbitgum:

I’m about 200 hours into this game, and I used to really love it. If I lost, I always understood why. I knew what I did wrong, and most of all attacks, parries… fights in general felt very consistent. Nothing ever really felt too off (with the exception of flinching).

Now since this most recent patch it seems, about 50+ hours into dueling… I swear I’m running into more and more cases of “I don’t understand why that didn’t parry”, inconsistent movements (people connecting when it didn’t look like they were going to connect yet), some really intense flinching (not just double attacks, but often no attack at all yet still getting hit), and… Mostly weapons connecting through facehugging that doesn’t match where the tip of their weapon is (where is the tip actually connecting with the body?).

I might just be going crazy, but does anyone else feel the same way lately? Is it just me starting to see all the flaws in the system that have always been there, or are things a lot more buggy since the last patch? Maybe it’s just the dueling game-mode, or perhaps the servers? I’m not sure…
    Is this how the game will always be now? I see a lot of new content, but nothing in reference to sync and what I imagine is network lag…

Am I alone or is anyone else noticing and constantly encountering these things? (again, might be specific to duel mode or maybe the servers I play on, not sure…)

There was a post of face hugging and a fix for a case where the weapon hits your back. But I thought it was always there per the post. But hey your never know - could have been introduced.

I think you can get a sense when you get lag hit because your opponent jerks into a new position. But when it just passes through your desperate block (well I play 3rd person so that adds another level of complexity to the blocking from a different angle).

Anyway once the patch comes out we need to do some serious testing.

• I thought it was just me at first, but everything is definitely screwy after the patch. It feels like blocking is a luck game now….lots of the time I think it should block, but it doesn’t, and sometimes I block nothing but it works.

Hit detection definitely went foul, and it has caused me and all of my friends to ragequit more than once because of stupid things happening. I didn’t have a whole lot of playtime prior to the patch, but even so I could tell when I was bested and when I did well. Now, I rarely feel bested, and instead find myself just getting screwed. I’ve also had others get screwed over from me (like my halberd hitting despite them being out of range, or noclipping through their shield, etc.) Something is definitely off.

Also, ignore BB, he likes to stir up trouble in every thread he posts in lol.

• I agree, something is wacky with the hit detection post patch. It isn’t always a problem, but funky things happen way more often than they used to. The game feels less precise/polished than before. I wish I could pinpoint exactly what is wrong, but I can’t.

• Yep noticed missed blocks both on my end and and on my opponent’s. It feels like the netcode got worse, people’s positions seem to be off, swing positioning also is off sometimes, it’s like the players are getting desynced and the attacks/blocks are not where they’re supposed to be.

Also attacks bypassing blocks sometimes and them getting to combo afterwards is pretty annoying.

• I am totaly agree with this post… something been wrong since last patch