Wealth/Resources/Property Expansion

• This is my idea for chivalry

TL;DR section

Humans love to own, farm and steal stuffs, adding monetary farming would be a great way to get people addicted and find eternal joy in playing a game. You could say it’s one of the main ‘flaws?’ that can keep humans occupied forever both in real life and in video games.

One of the main reasons people make war on another has always been to steal or cause shifts in the wealth balance. It’s hugely rewarding to kill someone and then steal his stuffs or his property.

Add property and wealth to the game somehow is my idea.

Further dwelling in the idea-

Supplies
    Gold
    Weapons
    Oil
    Information
    Property
    Status

Whatever is worth endless suffering in order to obtain. Add it to the game somehow.

Example gamemode;
    Lets say a game lasts for roughly one hour, you can join in whenever you like but you will start at the bottom of the hierarchy.
    Each player (or the entire team) owns houses or a town that need to be defended.
    Killing enemies and destroying their buildings rewards money.
    Money can be used for something.
    -Weapon/Armor upgrades
    -Ammunition
    -Building houses
    -Siege
    -Perhaps even AI soldiers
    -Peasants that work for you and increase your income

There could be a social structure;
    The more stuff you have the higher rank you are. Whoever is the most wealthy could be a King on each team and even have additional powers.

Victory could perhaps be achived in a total destruction of the enemy team, or score.

I believe this is what could make chivarly an instant classic game up there along with Age of Empires 2, CS, Dota, Warcraft.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

• @anetherus:

Humans love to own, farm and steal stuffs, adding monetary farming would be a great way to get people addicted and find eternal joy in playing a game. You could say it’s one of the main ‘flaws?’ that can keep humans occupied forever both in real life and in video games.

Chivalry: Medieval Farming

or

Chivlary: Medieval Farmville

or

Farmary: Medieval Warfare

• Farmery Medieval Warfare sounds like farmers attacking people with carrots and throwing potatoes while riding pigs
    or that’s maybe just my crazy mind :D

• Chivalry: Medieval Welfare.

• @anetherus:

Humans love to own, farm and steal stuffs, adding monetary farming would be a great way to get people addicted and find eternal joy in playing a game.

WTF?!
    Me doesnt understanding.
    I am addicted to the game already and not because some fiscal/agricultural shenanigans but because I can kill lots of people in lots of gruesome ways. I don’t need no farm. Well, unless I can burn it.

• hmm, idk if this is meant to be a joke… but what if chivalry did have a mode that required money. Something like counter-strike where the better your team does and more objective, or more kills you get the more money you have to spend on weapons and such.

This would be interesting in like LTS matches, because everyone perhaps may start off with secondaries or something, and then like the primary weapons and the 3rd selection items like throwing knives, hatchets, arrows etc cost extra.

This would not be the worst idea ever.

• I like it, so you have more goals to reach rather than just getting all weapons unlocked (which plenty people have already done)

• So because i used the word farming and wrote abit too much, everyone just goes ahead and presumes this thread is about agriculture and farmville. Fuck me.

• @anetherus:

So because i used the word farming and wrote abit too much, everyone just goes ahead and presumes this thread is about agriculture and farmville. Fuck me.

You mean it was actually a serious post?

Come on I don’t believe you, can’t pull the wool over my eyes.

• @gregcau:

@anetherus:

So because i used the word farming and wrote abit too much, everyone just goes ahead and presumes this thread is about agriculture and farmville. Fuck me.

What did you not find serious about it? Anything specific? Other than farming, by which I mean earning money in the game, not agriculture. And what gave you the right to troll my thread?

• @gregcau:

@anetherus:

Enough with the random women pictures now Greg (people may begin to question why you really need to convince people you like women so much… :P), especially in anywhere other than off-topic.

However daft people may feel the suggestion is, it’s still a valid topic. This is the Ideas and Suggestions section…