New unannounced content eh?

• Just seen the new job posting for a character artist at Torn Banner "to work on unannounced content following up our recently released game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare."

Sounds like some DLC might be in the works. Maybe we’ll be seeing some new character models or character customization content included in whatever this might be. 8-)

• @AngryDave:

Just seen the new job posting for a character artist at Torn Banner "to work on unannounced content following up our recently released game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare."

@SlyGoat:

You aren’t supposed to notice that. :P

• @AngryDave:

Just seen the new job posting for a character artist at Torn Banner "to work on unannounced content following up our recently released game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare."

Sounds like some DLC might be in the works. Maybe we’ll be seeing some new character models or character customization content included in whatever this might be. 8-)

Hey hey now don’t assume we gotta pay for it don’t give them any ideas.Yeah I noticed that a few days ago too :D .

• @BandOfTheHawk:

@AngryDave:

Hey hey now don’t assume we gotta pay for it don’t give them any ideas.Yeah I noticed that a few days ago too :D .

I don’t see anything wrong with paid cosmetic DLC.

I’d hope they go along the good route of maps and content updates (weapons etc) being free, cosmetic stuff being paid. That’s always a good balance between giving now stuff, not splitting the playerbase, not having anything be pay2win, but still getting some revenue from additional sales too.

Remember they do have to pay these new guys they’re hiring heh, as well as buying all the new offices and so on. As successful as Chiv sales have been, they’re still an indie dev and aren’t sitting on a gigantic pile of millions like most publishers already are.

• @BobT36:

@BandOfTheHawk:

@AngryDave:

I don’t see anything wrong with paid cosmetic DLC.

I’d hope they go along the good route of maps and content updates (weapons etc) being free, cosmetic stuff being paid. That’s always a good balance between giving now stuff, not splitting the playerbase, not having anything be pay2win, but still getting some revenue from additional sales too.

I completely agree. For a moment I lost the connection of artist to cosmetics ;)
    Remember they do have to pay these new guys they’re hiring heh, as well as buying all the new offices and so on. As successful as Chiv sales have been, they’re still an indie dev and aren’t sitting on a gigantic pile of millions like most publishers already are.

I completely agree. For a moment I lost the connection of artist to cosmetics ;)

• Didn’t SlyGoat say that they had an army full of artists doing nothing but making new helmets?

• If they start releasing pay’d DLC this soon I will lose faith in them, they’re already rich for christ sakes. Fix the damn game before ya’ start adding new stuff.

• Why don’t they hire a net coder and a few game optimizers even on a temp basis?

• @Retsnom:

Why don’t they hire a net coder and a few game optimizers even on a temp basis?

Because by their logic shiny new piece of gear has higher priority than working game. Obviously…

• @ReMixx:

Didn’t SlyGoat say that they had an army full of artists doing nothing but making new helmets?

No SlyGoat said they were working on dual wielding.

[image:2ijfvn0z]http://gamemeetsgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/nariko-with-heavenly-swords-big.jpg[/image:2ijfvn0z]

• @Peacerer:

@Retsnom:

Why don’t they hire a net coder and a few game optimizers even on a temp basis?

Because by their logic shiny new piece of gear has higher priority than working game. Obviously…

Yup, call in the whole team, I want artists, level designers, animators, accountant, EVERYONE, even the damned caretaker working on netcoding and bugfixes, right NAO!

• I’m not saying there will be dragons, but I am saying there won’t be dragons.

• Developer

Slygoat says a lot of things, are you really going to believe a goat?

• But the goat got glasses!

• @gregcau:

@ReMixx:

Didn’t SlyGoat say that they had an army full of artists doing nothing but making new helmets?

No SlyGoat said they were working on dual wielding.

[image:1j7ysyuu]http://gamemeetsgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/nariko-with-heavenly-swords-big.jpg[/image:1j7ysyuu]

That “armor” would not protect her.

• To respond to a couple earlier posts. We also just brought in two programmers to help with optimization and bug fixes. Seeking out a character artist doesn’t mean we are just out to make shinys :P

• @ReMixx:

That “armor” would not protect her.

duplicate reply, merged.

• @Andrew:

To respond to a couple earlier posts. We also just brought in two programmers to help with optimization and bug fixes. Seeking out a character artist doesn’t mean we are just out to make shinys :P

I call shenanigans.

• It is funny if they hot fixed vet helms half the people would say, they should have been working on facehugging! Which is true, according to me. And they are fixing face hugging. If they do not hot fix vet helms half the people say they do not care about us! Where is my shiny helmet! they could easily hot fix it!

Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

• @BandOfTheHawk:

It is funny if they hot fixed vet helms half the people would say, they should have been working on facehugging! Which is true, according to me. And they are fixing face hugging. If they do not hot fix vet helms half the people say they do not care about us! Where is my shiny helmet! they could easily hot fix it!

Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

lol, good point !

I don’t think I’ve ever looked for a vet helm, I prefer to be undercover as a noob javelineer, damn rank though people expect more but I can’t help liking the javelin and surprising people with a club to the head.