Some questions

• Hi!

Forgive me if these questions are already answered but I searched in the manual, on the wiki, on the main site and in the forum but could not find anything.

1. In which specific way are weapon stats altered if you wield a two handed weapon with one hand as a knight?

2. In addition to 1.): Is there a difference in stats (swing speed etc.) between holding a shield or nothing in your off-hand?

3. Running speed also seems to be dependent on the weapons you wield, not only on your class, is this correct?

4. In Team Objective mode: There seem to be varying time limits for the same objectives. My guess is that you get bonus/penalty time if you complete the previous objective under/above a certain time? Are the specific numbers for this known? e. g. something like if objective 1 is completed in under 5 minutes, the next objective must be completed in 5 minutes instead of 10?

5. I’ve unlocked every weapon as a knight, shouldn’t I have unlocked the special helmet? I read somewhere that there is a bug with this but I see plenty of people running around with special helmets. What are the requirements?

6. What are the exact damage bonuses/penalties for attacking specific body regions? Head, torso, legs?

7. If you move your mouse during a swing, you practically accelerate the swing. Does this give bonus damage if you hit someone while moving the mouse “through him”?

8. Sometimes when I press a mouse button to block or attack, nothing happens. Then at other times, after a massive delay, the attack/block comes out at last, needless to say at the most inappropriate time. It appears as if the actions were “queued” and the queue sometimes gets “broken” or delayed, or something. Is this lag (I play only on servers where I have below 100 ping) or a bug? Maybe I only imagining it but it happens relatively often and gets me killed.

9. Is it normal that Vanguards can block an attack from a Messer with their Zweihänder and attack so fast after blocking that I cannot block myself fast enough. Is that intended? There are other examples like that but this kind of sticks out. Maybe it has to do with 8.) but the counter-attack is so damn fast.

Many thanks and have fun!

• @Zeitgeist:

Hi!

Forgive me if these questions are already answered but I searched in the manual, on the wiki, on the main site and in the forum but could not find anything.

1. In which specific way are weapon stats altered if you wield a two handed weapon with one hand as a knight?

2. In addition to 1.): Is there a difference in stats (swing speed etc.) between holding a shield or nothing in your off-hand?

3. Running speed also seems to be dependent on the weapons you wield, not only on your class, is this correct?

4. In Team Objective mode: There seem to be varying time limits for the same objectives. My guess is that you get bonus/penalty time if you complete the previous objective under/above a certain time? Are the specific numbers for this known? e. g. something like if objective 1 is completed in under 5 minutes, the next objective must be completed in 5 minutes instead of 10?

5. I’ve unlocked every weapon as a knight, shouldn’t I have unlocked the special helmet? I read somewhere that there is a bug with this but I see plenty of people running around with special helmets. What are the requirements?

6. What are the exact damage bonuses/penalties for attacking specific body regions? Head, torso, legs?

7. If you move your mouse during a swing, you practically accelerate the swing. Does this give bonus damage if you hit someone while moving the mouse “through him”?

8. Sometimes when I press a mouse button to block or attack, nothing happens. Then at other times, after a massive delay, the attack/block comes out at last, needless to say at the most inappropriate time. It appears as if the actions were “queued” and the queue sometimes gets “broken” or delayed, or something. Is this lag (I play only on servers where I have below 100 ping) or a bug? Maybe I only imagining it but it happens relatively often and gets me killed.

9. Is it normal that Vanguards can block an attack from a Messer with their Zweihänder and attack so fast after blocking that I cannot block myself fast enough. Is that intended? There are other examples like that but this kind of sticks out. Maybe it has to do with 8.) but the counter-attack is so damn fast.

Many thanks and have fun!

Hey someone else will give you more details but Ill tell you what I think.

1. More damage and reach.
    2. Same speed.
    3. Weapon does effect run speed, when I am a archer and I switch from bow to a dagger I run faster. I feel way slower with the 2 hand maul but it could be my imagination.
    4. Your right but I do not know the exact numbers. It seems there is like a max time or something.
    5. Vet helms since the patch have been bugged, since the patch I have unlocked every single weapon, even second hand weapons. I have no vet helms :(. They will fix it in the next patch, it will probably come in 2 months.
    6.Idk but the highest damage is head then torso then legs, however a arrow to the heart might be extra lethal since it is a achievement to get 40.
    7. I don’t know but maybe it should, it seems like it might. But probably does not.
    8. Firstly your mouse fients if your attacking and then blocks. I believe you can speed it up with keybinding, not exactly sure what that is all about though. But I believe it is very easy to do in options.Maybe remove feint from right click?
    9. If they block your attack yes they should be able to attack you faster then you can attack them. They blocked that is their reward. But you can block\parry in time if you are not attacking again. You probably are not aiming your parry\block well. If they are face hugging you it is very hard to parry\block, it is a bug that will be fixed next patch.

Ok that is what I THINK, hope it helps.

p.s. if you think someone is hacking use a free program called fraps to make a video and send it to a moderator

• Here’s a good reference for any questions you have on weapon values.

• @SlyGoat:

Here’s a good reference for any questions you have on weapon values.

Can we get weapon reach added? I was considering doing it myself but pfffhhh someone has probably already done it.