Knight Hammer Bugged?

• Hello everyone,

I do a lot of dueling and I use the small Knight hammer as my primary weapon. People say its bugged and OP. I find it a bit OP and should be slowed down a bit. My main question here is this: Today a guy told me that the devs have admitted somewhere in the forums that the hammer is bugged and I was wondering if anyone has got a link to that post?

• Never happened.

• Perhaps referring to the post saying all one-handers are harder to block than intended, due to a bug?

• @Dick:

Perhaps referring to the post saying all one-handers are harder to block than intended, due to a bug?

pretty sure the devs said nothing of the sort that it’s a bug

• @BB:

@Dick:

Perhaps referring to the post saying all one-handers are harder to block than intended, due to a bug?

pretty sure the devs said nothing of the sort that it’s a bug

QA said there was a patch for the face hugging hits where the weapon hits your back (something like that).

• @Najo:

Hello everyone,

I do a lot of dueling and I use the small Knight hammer as my primary weapon. People say its bugged and OP. I find it a bit OP and should be slowed down a bit. My main question here is this: Today a guy told me that the devs have admitted somewhere in the forums that the hammer is bugged and I was wondering if anyone has got a link to that post?

I don’t think it’s OP much anymore. It can’t two shot MAA with swings not at the head. It’s easy to play with. but it’s not all that effective when you unlock the better weapons.
    But offtopic, I think the grand mace is a little too powerful for it’s great speed and damage with good range. :p

• It still 2shots knights, so yes, it’s bugged.

• @KONGEN:

It still 2shots knights, so yes, it’s bugged.

3 torso

or

one headshot + torso per the damage chart.

so thats not a bug. just a hard hitting tiny little hammer.

• A lot of people in games are throwing around the claim that “X weapon is bugged, the devs admitted it”. Here is a list of weapons I’ve heard this said about:

Falchion
    Hammer
    Dane Axe
    War Axe
    Hatchet

Of course most people making this claim are using two handed weapons of some kind and are either running around spamming LMB combos or feinting non stop. There’s a lot of hate for single handed weapons at the moment and in some cases they are correct. Particularly the falchion and axes seem to go straight through blocks at times.

However I feel the same thing happens with two handed sword stabs at close range (go straight through shields) and some polearms hit tracers are wacky and hit you with the back end.

• @gregcau:

@KONGEN:

It still 2shots knights, so yes, it’s bugged.

3 torso

or

one headshot + torso per the damage chart.

so thats not a bug. just a hard hitting tiny little hammer.

Two overheads always kill a knight.

• At first I thought the War Hammer got a bit bugged after the patch as my original positioning for blocking it didn’t seem to work and I kept getting clubbed…. then I figured out the new positioning and it’s not much different to what it used to be before the patch.

I did start using it more in the last few weeks cuz it seemed to be easy to kill people with it, but recently it seems everybody I fight has figured out how to block it 90% of the time. I still use it due to its power at a cost of speed, but when I want a bit more speed at the cost of power, I go for the flanged mace.

And I gave the Falchion a go for a while just to see what all the fuss is about, but I don’t see what the big deal is… in fact, I hardly see anybody complaining about it these days and it’s now people complaining about the Broad Sword or Norse Sword instead.

Frig, you can’t use anything in the game without people complaining it’s OP’d or glitched/bugged. I guess some people just expect you to stand there and die so they can feel like they’re good… can’t feint, parry, block, M1, Overhead, Kick, duck, use any weapon other than the hunting knife and can only thrust… but don’t move :?