Developer Q&A #3

• Developer

A long overdue sitdown with Torn Banner Studios President and Lead Game Designer for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Steve Piggott. Talking about the past few months, the future and answering some community questions:

zh3zPKBv2RE

• Can I ask the questions next time with more enthusiasm. lol. Just teasing.

Edit: Alright finished watching, pretty much consistent with what I have heard on the forum, nothing earth shattering. Forums are primarily for people to vent or suggest so naturally there is lots of complaining. But considering the complaints are around a relatively small number of items and coupled with the a huge number of posts in Ideas and Suggestions I think things are going very well.

Next patch is going to be good and once the SDK tools come out I am itching to go build something rather cool.

• I was nodding in satisfaction as else question answered.

You just made me a very happy customer

• Great news, thanks for the update.

• But Tibbs…Is Yours a Hand and a Half?

• Sadly none of the questions were interesting

• @afiNity:

Sadly none of the questions were interesting

They did seem a little cherry picked, at least he responded to feinting.

I laughed at the question Plans to improve Gore - lol who cares not many people.

Mod tools is a big thing though, sounds like 8.75 weeks away according to my set of Tarot cards.

• @elitenoob:

@afiNity:

Sadly none of the questions were interesting

They did seem a little cherry picked, at least he responded to feinting.

I laughed at the question Plans to improve Gore - lol who cares not many people.

Mod tools is a big thing though, sounds like 8.75 weeks away according to my set of Tarot cards.

More like 8,75 months

• One-handed longsword styles!

• Was good, like how there’s going to be more improvement in the customization, and really liked how Citadel is going to be better :)

• Next Patch ETA = Very Soon

How soon?

• i dont get it he says something about the patch is out or soon coming out he needs better word selection lol

• @miller09:

i dont get it he says something about the patch is out or soon coming out he needs better word selection lol

The beta should be released soon. We’re just waiting for Valve to add it to peoples’ accounts at this point. Hence the wording, since they might have done it between this video being recorded and it being posted on the forums (but obviously it hasn’t yet :P )

• @miller09:

i dont get it he says something about the patch is out or soon coming out he needs better word selection lol

His word selection was perfect. If he said patch was available in an hour, and it wasn’t… how poorly would that look?

I heard whispers the current limiter on the patch may be on Valve’s end. Don’t quote me on that though… Tarot cards are a little drunk right now though, so they’re saying all sorts of things :?

Anywho, this video made me laugh. I’m disappointed that no fun questions slipped through this time. Sir Loin also did NOT ask the questions. :x

I’m going to agree with gregcau that the person asking the questions needs more enthusiasm. Crusty was that you? :|

Edit: Goats beat me to it :(

• Awesome Q/A

I’m so glad they finally get a physical studio… We may be witnessing the birth of a new Legend!

Love these guys :D

• Their own studio and all, that’s awesome. I knew Chivalry did well, nice to see it paying off for them. And customization… the more the better.

• Good answers :D

Looking forward to the patch
    (citadel’s balance fixed :D )

• Awesome news! :)

• Congratulations on acquiring your own studio, guys.

• This video reassures torn banners dedication to the game, I already considered torn banner a team that pays attention to its game\community, that is shown every day in the forums along with their news updates.

Pretty much what I expected, I am glad to see they did not drop the ball like duke nukem forever when it comes to mod tools. But you can def take page from duke nukem forever as far as character customization, but not all the silliness, this is a different type of game. DNF has a great deal of different visual customization given from achievements. By the way we need way more achievements.

For the record I like DNF.

I believe this is your priority list in order,
    Vet Helmets! ;)
    Combat bugs like face hugging ghost attacks
    Major game crashing bugs that effect a lot of people (I never see any)
    Hacks (I don’t think there is much good job so far)
    Lag (pretty good on this too)
    Server search\filter
    Major obscure bugs
    Content (weapons, maps, modes, stat profile we can look at like overall k\d\a etc)
    Visual Customization\Achievements
    Optimization (increased performance patches, you know the major video card guys aint gonna do it)

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.