Are Parries and Blocking Broken?

• qoyQvPvTuJ0
    AmlUIyZlvdU
    if not how does this happen?

Are weapons getting past good parries and blocks already being looked at in the next patch?
    and if they are what exactly is the problem?

• This old video again… sigh…

the blocker is very close to the pole arm wielder, what is the problem, turn on weapon tracers and it is probably hitting the shaft.

• viewtopic.php?f=87&t=10903
    Before making a new topic, use the SEARCH function. We don’t need duplicate for no reason.

Edit: You just posted on another topic about blocking right before making this one. Why didn’t you just post on the other one?

• @Lulzaur:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=10903
    Before making a new topic, use the SEARCH function. We don’t need duplicate for no reason.

did, didn’t see shit

@Lulzaur:

Edit: You just posted on another topic about blocking right before making this one. Why didn’t you just post on the other one?

because that OP is terrible
    even you ridiculed it
    @gregcau:

This old video again… sigh…

the blocker is very close to the pole arm wielder, what is the problem, turn on weapon tracers and it is probably hitting the shaft.

that’s what I assumed too
    but I just tested it a bit farther away, and still the same thing happened

• @BB:

that’s what I assumed too
    but I just tested it a bit farther away, and still the same thing happened

Well post patch re-test and turn those hit-tracers things on - and might be able to see better in 3rd person. Fraps it.

• @BB:

@Lulzaur:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=10903

did, didn’t see shit

What do you mean, you didn’t see shit? The sixth/seventh post has the exact same video in that topic.

Edit: You even edit your first post to put the other video from that same other topic, you’re making my point even more valid.

• @gregcau:

Well post patch re-test and turn those hit-tracers things on - and might be able to see better in 3rd person. Fraps it.

yeah but see I’m lazy
    so I can’t do that

@Lulzaur:

What do you mean, you didn’t see shit? The sixth/seventh post has the exact same video in that topic.

I got the video from a friend who knew about it

@Lulzaur:

Edit: You even edit your first post to put the other video from that same other topic, you’re making my point even more valid.

I put that video in after you gave me the link to it :3

• well, since this one is fresh and still open, let me post a quote from Slygoat from another topic.

@SlyGoat:

There is a bug with blocking which we’ve recently become aware of. It’ll be fixed in our next patch, which will be soon.

Good thing I’m not lazy. :jlaff:

• @Lulzaur:

well, since this one is fresh and still open, let me post a quote from Slygoat from another topic.

@SlyGoat:

There is a bug with blocking which we’ve recently become aware of. It’ll be fixed in our next patch, which will be soon.

Good thing I’m not lazy. :jlaff:

except he’s talking about a bug that plays the block sound after you’ve already been hit :0
    @SlyGoat:

That’s quite possibly related to what we fixed. Their attack is passing your parry box and thus making the clashing sound, but they’ve already hit you with an earlier tracer by hitting your side or back. After some internal testing blocks seem to be working far more consistently against this kind of thing.

nothing to do with how inconsistent parries or shields might be

• Happens to me all the time. It would be nice to know the people’s respective pings and maybe if it happened on an official server or somewhere else.

• it would be nice to actually get an answer on this

I was legitimately asking a question

• Didn’t you just post in the other guys thread about parry being less consistent and you said nothing was changed? Now you make your own thread asking the same thing lol.

• @Anonymoose:

Didn’t you just post in the other guys thread about parry being less consistent and you said nothing was changed? Now you make your own thread asking the same thing lol.

You’ll have to be more specific than “other guys”

• @Anonymoose:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=11548

that’s actually still true
    I still haven’t noticed any changes or hits getting past my block where I think they shouldn’t have

but then that’s sorta why I made this thread, TO ASK