Game is being ruined by the complete lack of updates/fixes

• Game is plagued with bugs, lag issues, map imbalances, weapon imbalances, and other easily fixable issues but the devs are just fucking gone. It’s kinda sad, really. You have a great game that is ruined by sheer neglect. Basic things like fixing facehugging, attacks going through shields, the majority of TO maps being defender-sided shit. You have duel mode and that works. The rest is regurgitating modes on different maps that hardly function. Really disappointing in the total lack of activity. Never even saw a bugfix patch after the release of the content patch. Sad.

• We’re busy making hats.

• We have been busy working on a patch for the game. Which will be in Beta soon. Also just brought on two new programmers, so there is a beta of a transition for that.

• They recently said they are fixing face hugging\block\parry bugs.

• @Garfuncle:

Game is plagued with bugs
    , lag issues, map imbalances, weapon imbalances, and other easily fixable issues but the devs are just fucking gone. It’s kinda sad, really. You have a great game that is ruined by sheer neglect. Basic things like fixing facehugging, attacks going through shields, the majority of TO maps being defender-sided shit. You have duel mode and that works. The rest is regurgitating modes on different maps that hardly function. Really disappointing in the total lack of activity. Never even saw a bugfix patch after the release of the content patch. Sad.

Weapon imbalances - can you be more specific, I’ve barely heard a weapon OP nowadays.

TO map defender sided - Citadel sure fixed in the next patch, the rest are pretty balanced unless you have an under powered attack team (which happens).

neglect, total lack of activity - um they release duel mode, new content, fixes what 5 weeks ago, new patch coming out shortly

sigh kids today - no respect, no understanding of the complexity of software development and how much time it takes to fix some bugs, some bugs that seem complex can be quick and easy, other bugs can take a lot of hours to figure out - especially when you are dealing with someone elses code (aka unreal engine).

oh well its the internet, I guess we can be as obnoxious as we like

• @SlyGoat:

We’re busy making hats.

Nice, complaining customer gets trolled by Dev.

Keep it classy, guy

• @Swagatha:

@SlyGoat:

We’re busy making hats.

Keep it classy, guy

Soon™

• The word ruined would mean the game is getting worseZ which is impossible as they haven’t done anything to it.

Its not getting ruined. Its just not getting better.

• @Swagatha:

@SlyGoat:

We’re busy making hats.

Keep it classy, guy

Maybe he will learn that you don`t get far when you are a petulant whiny little bitch.

• Nice, complaining customer gets trolled by Dev.

Dumb complaints doesn’t deserve a serious answer if you take into consideration the fact that beta is soon going to be tested. Saying anything about a “total lack of activity” and patches (there were a few) at this point is laughable. If you complain at least have a valid reason for it.

• @gregcau:

@Swagatha:

@SlyGoat:

We’re busy making hats.

Keep it classy, guy

Maybe he will learn that you don`t get far when you are a petulant whiny little bitch.

Tell that to all of the trolls who feed off of your delicious moral superiority. 8-)

• @gregcau:

@Swagatha:

@SlyGoat:

We’re busy making hats.

Keep it classy, guy

Stop being a fanboy.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Stop being a fanboy.

I’ll do whatever the fuck I want.

• @gregcau:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Stop being a fanboy.

I’ll do whatever the fuck I want.

[image:ga05n6pc]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26735447.jpg[/image:ga05n6pc]

• @Swagatha:

@SlyGoat:

We’re busy making hats.

Keep it classy, guy

After hearing this same stuff over and over again, it’s not surprising.

It’s all being worked on and the more times they have to answer these repetitive threads and posts to let people know they’re still around and working on things, the longer it’s going to take to get the game patched.

And swearing and acting childish shouldn’t get “classy” responses…. It just justifies people to keep acting disrespectful and childish.

if you guys want fixes sooner, how about getting involved and helping them out with details about the problems. System specs, how often / when it occurs (reproducible), and how, etc.?

Bitching the devs out and swearing as much as possible isn’t going to solve anything, nor will it make any fixes come faster… But the above will.

Some in here already do report these things & good on them, but others in here don’t and just come off as self entitled prisses.

Yeah you paid money for the game. We all did, but that doesn’t justify you to act like a jerk.

Many devs for bigger games will push out a buggy game, patch it once if you’re lucky and then charge you DLC’s of one map or some piddily weapon, then go off to work on the next game, even if the last one is still a buggy mess.

TB is still working on the game, and a patch will be coming… So relax a bit and calm the hell down people.

• Okay, I’ll try to be constructive. Pretty sure this is the first time I have ever levelled a serious complaint against the devs and I’ve been around since the early days of AoC.

As much as I have defended TB in the past, these last few weeks have certainly shaken my confidence in them.

My problems:

A multitude of small, yet persisting and very annoying bugs.

Examples of these:
    Veteran helmets still not working. It is inexcusable that we still have no fix for such a simple issue.

Server browser. No comment other than the fact that this should have been a perfect on day one. How they can justify continuing on with for months without solving ALL of its problems I don’t know.

Duel mode UI. Sub-par and un-professional overall. Most notably, badly formatted text on the left and the highly annoying auto-popup menu after each duel which interupts and bugs out your chat window. Also, first to 10 wins is a bit stupid.

There are many more problems, but these are my biggest ones at the moment.

Balance

1Handers

Weapon balance seems to have gone out the window in the last while.

Norse Sword: Attacks in the blink of an eye, pretty much impossible to defend against even when not combined with feinting. Slow it down.

Falchion: Damage too high and seems to detatch from the arm, circle around the foe, and stab them in the back of the head without fail. Reduce damage, reduce its circling ability.

Hatchet: See Norse Sword.

Flanged Mace: Goes right through shields. Solution: See shields

Flails: Weird animation-range system. Forcing a buckler on such a slow moving class is insanity.

War hammer: A 1 handed weapon that 2 hits everything. (sometimes 3 on knight)
    Also seems to ignore shields a lot and has the magical circling abilities of the falchion.

General proposed rule: Nothing besides daggers should be faster than the current broadsword speed. Give the norse sword that speed and slow the broadsword down a bit.

2handers

Individually, they seem balanced but compared to the one handers they lose every time. Also, we still have pretty much no anti-shield mechanic with them. As a result, in order to get around a shield, highly risky, very un-realistic and often times glitchy tactics must be employed.

Solution: See shields and 1hander nerfs.

Shields

Shields need work. Overpowered against two handers and helpless against many 1handers.

Proposed solution: Make it so raising the shield takes some actual time, as well as lowering it make the difference noticable between the different shield types. Also increase the player collision hitbox so people cant climb all over you.

General issues:

Lack of Developer communication. Random Q&A videos every 6 months with cherry picked answers do not count.

Erratic and often slow patching schedule.

Lack of patch notes. And when we get them, they are poorly formatted and even incomplete.

An apparent inability to fix long term issues.

And yes, devs trolling people with legitimate complaints is extremely bad form. (even when they are badly presented)

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@Swagatha:

@SlyGoat:

We’re busy making hats.

Keep it classy, guy

After hearing this same stuff over and over again, it’s not surprising.

TB fucked up by promising content patch by February.
    1. Duel mode IS terrible, tournaments and high level duel servers are still using old ffa duel system because it’s simply superior. So much wasted time on shiny unsuitable duel maps with closed spaces and obstacles.
    2. New weapons are terrible, there is no point in using them because there are weapons which outperform them by a lot.
    3. New bugs came out:

• stamina bug
    • bearded axe combo feinting
    • 10 times more ghost swings
    • alt swing exploit (most gamebreaking thing EVER)
      and more…

I guess TB learned their lesson and they’ll never set a exact date for a new patch again, which is good thing. CU1 was rushed and did more bad then good to the game.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

TB fucked up by promising content patch for February.

Kumbaya my lord. Kumbayaaa.

• @elitenoob:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Oh yeah where was that you lying fag.

@rumpelstiltskin:

CU1

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@elitenoob:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Oh yeah where was that you lying fag.

@rumpelstiltskin:

CU1

CU1 was available on the beta servers in January.