When Javelins were utterly castrated, nothing given back?

• When javelins lost the ability to change weapons after a throw, forcing a 2-3 second reload in which you cannot block, change weapons, sprint, or perform any action they were made almost useless in their strength, close range.

When will we get any of these abilities back during the reload period? Taking any of these actions should simply restart the reload animation when javelins are taken back out and you want to throw another.

• Probably never.

• Javelins were killed to death so hard they died from it. Forever.

• It is pretty annoying. I don’t mind not being able to throw another so soon after hurling a javelin, I could live without being able to switch weapons just yet - but the number of times I have tried to raise my shield…

What is frustrating is that for all intents in purposes you look like you should be able to raise your shield and so you try only to have a hard fail. If I knew I couldn’t raise my shield I would take another action like run away, run away.

• So the machine-gun jav throwing seemed legit, right?

• @Daiyuki:

So the machine-gun jav throwing seemed legit, right?

So resetting the reload animation when changing back to javelin after changing to secondary wouldn’t have been a far better fix?

• Limitation of the game. Javs were like this before the super machinegun thing was implemented. I assume you can either have a recovery/reload period or not have one with their current system, because by design the recovery period doesn’t allow you to do anything. If they were to change that, it would probably break every other weapon by allowing you to take action during recoveries.

I mean, I don’t know the details of their coding, but that seems like what’s going on based on what I’ve seen. Not sure how much trouble it is to make specific recovery states just for the javs that can integrate seamlessly with the existing system, but the problem is likely because they are considered melee weapons as well since bows don’t suffer the same fate.

• @gregcau:

It is pretty annoying. I don’t mind not being able to throw another so soon after hurling a javelin, I could live without being able to switch weapons just yet - but the number of times I have tried to raise my shield…

What is frustrating is that for all intents in purposes you look like you should be able to raise your shield and so you try only to have a hard fail. If I knew I couldn’t raise my shield I would take another action like run away, run away.

I agree so much with this post.

• Javelin still has some bugs attached to it, hope it will get ridden of soon

Increase of range should be a good idea too. Look at this example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmXXvT7ESQ

No offence but if a woman can throw this far, why should not an experienced male javelin thrower ?

It is a WELL KNOWN fact that only the skillest among the skillest javelin users can get high K/D ratios with HUGE efforts to get kills ! Please buff it !

• @delta:

Increase of range should be a good idea too. Look at this example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmXXvT7ESQ
    No offence but if a woman can throw this far, why should not an experienced male javelin thrower ?

Very bullshitty argument. A bow can shoot some 500 meters too but you can’t hope to hit anything. There must be hundreds of archers shooting into a tight formation and then it can be deadly, but archery in Chivalry is much more akin to sniping or hunting. The same applies for javelines. Sure, you can toss them a few hundred meters probably, but only from an extremely long sprint and you can’t hope to hit shit with them.

@delta:

It is a WELL KNOWN fact that only the skillest among the skillest javelin users can get high K/D ratios with HUGE efforts to get kills ! Please buff it !

I don’t really play archers but when I decided recently to unlock javelins, I was really raping people with it. Sure, the server was full of relatively unexperienced players but as I said, I almost never play archer either. Moreover, my weakest point in this game is precision. I am really bad at hitting moving targets with overheads and sometimes even stabs. But if I was as precise as an average melee player of my rank tends to be, I am quite sure it would not be difficult to achieve 4 to 1 K/D ratio with my style of gameplay as a javelineer.

• It is defintely TOO hard to put a javelin in a knight at 5-10 meters. You need awesome aim, coordination, anticipation. It is so huge. Sometimes I wonder why some people keep playing the unskilled other classes. They don’t like challenge maybe ?

The hardest part of being a javeliner is the sick range of the weapon, with so low damage that you need to be careful when you don’t change weapons.

The fact that each and every pub server out there got at least two javelin players with low skill and high stats is a pure coincidence

• Would have been nice if this was kept in the other javelin thread?
    Anyway, the javelin and pilum are good for melee.
    IMHO
    You should not be changing away from the javelin for melee, the javelin combine with the shield bash is very good when used properly.
    The class does not need buffing, the bugs just need to be removed.
    -javelin (the tier 1 jav) image is say 5-10cm short of its actual hit tracer on stabbing.
    -Buckler needs to be fixed.
    Once this and a few other bugs are ironed out then maybe just maybe the class might need a tweak. But it is in a good place. I recent won a 1 v 2 knights fight and also a 1 v 3 mixed class fight and topped a TO game and im only lvl 25 and my computer is busted….on some maps i consistently run below 25fps :(