Speedhack exploit WITHOUT using any software

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afq9XnDK5b8

Link above shows everything in action. There’s no third party software used, no hacks whatsoever and we DO NOT increase the speed of the server, in the end there’s a clip when I play at normal speed and Afinity does not.

Props to [Templar] Afinity for finding this one out.

I won’t explain to ANYONE how this is done, unless that someone represents Torn Banner.

/Ky Wild

• Bringing speedhacking to a whole new level.

• Wow, blows my mind how things like these are found…

• Well that’s horrifying.

There is anti-speedhack though. It’s still a work in progress.

• @SlyGoat:

Well that’s horrifying.

There is anti-speedhack though. It’s still a work in progress.

Want me to send you a PM of how its done? this is something easily stumbled upon by people as well because it touches another very discussed topic among chiv features.

• Please do.

• And please fix it as soon as possible… like tomorrow or something.

• @SlyGoat:

Please do.

Done

• Horrifying. I’m going to use this to make myself really slow until it’s fixed as punishment for allowing this to happen.

• @SlyGoat:

Horrifying. I’m going to use this to make myself really slow until it’s fixed as punishment for allowing this to happen.

Haha, heightofabsurdity told me he encountered you in slowmo mode - Man of your words then! xD

• That’s one hellish exploit!

• Why doesn’t the kill/death notifier stay up for the same amount of time between these two cases?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afq9XnDK5b8&t=32s
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afq9XnDK5b8&t=2m55s

In the first case, the death notifier stays on for a fraction of a second, whereas in the second case, it stays on for the usual 3-4 seconds.

Also, why does only the first part (both players “hacking”) have the sound effects? You can clearly hear the footsteps of the “hacking” player when only he is “hacking”, so why leave the SE out for the first part when both of them are “hacking”.

I smell BS.

• Sound does not work when this “hack” is activated. In the second case Ky didn’t have it activated. If you don’t believe me I can come to your serv…. wait no, I don’t give a fuck. thanks

• @osta2501:

Why doesn’t the kill/death notifier stay up for the same amount of time between these two cases?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afq9XnDK5b8&t=32s
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afq9XnDK5b8&t=2m55s

In the first case, the death notifier stays on for a fraction of a second, whereas in the second case, it stays on for the usual 3-4 seconds.

Also, why does only the first part (both players “hacking”) have the sound effects? You can clearly hear the footsteps of the “hacking” player when only he is “hacking”, so why leave the SE out for the first part when both of them are “hacking”.

I smell BS.

The hack was confirmed by SlyGoath who is a QA for torn banner (whom I explained how to do it to) and you call bs? are you stupid?

The reason death notifications etc are fast is because it speeds up the entire client, EVERYTHING gets speeded up. You can still see us type to eachother in the video, I doubt I would type that slowly if the video was speeded up post recording lol ^^

Edit: as you can see when I die the first time, the timer counts down from 6-7ish to 0 in like 1 second but I still don’t spawn right away ^^ Its the same with the scoreboard timer it counts down much faster than the map timelimit really is, and every now and then it seems to resynch with the server time :P

• @afiNity:

And please fix it as soon as possible…

+1. I think a hotfix is needed as soon as possible because some of them are serious.

• @Gríma:

@afiNity:

And please fix it as soon as possible…

+1. I think a hotfix is needed as soon as possible because some of them are serious.

This one is an easy fix and is probably already pushed to the beta patch.

• Can you PM me how this is done? and the slowmo? I have a 10 player server and I’d like to have a hilarious time with my friends.

8 slowmo human team vs 2 undead speedhack team

ohhhh it will be so glorious

• @boomandvibe:

Can you PM me how this is done? and the slowmo? I have a 10 player server and I’d like to have a hilarious time with my friends.

Sorry, no :P I dont spread the knowledge of game exploits around unless it’s an already widely known exploit in which case, to enlighten people to watch out for it.

• @kywild:

@boomandvibe:

Can you PM me how this is done? and the slowmo? I have a 10 player server and I’d like to have a hilarious time with my friends.

Sorry, no :P I dont spread the knowledge of game exploits around unless it’s an already widely known exploit in which case, to enlighten people to watch out for it.

I’m guessing you can’t set the multiplier for the speedhack so you can’t really abuse it without people seeing it right? Like, set the multipler to like 1.1 so you have slight advantage or something like that.

• @boomandvibe:

@kywild:

@boomandvibe:

I’m guessing you can’t set the multiplier for the speedhack so you can’t really abuse it without people seeing it right? Like, set the multipler to like 1.1 so you have slight advantage or something like that.

Not that I’m aware of but I never played around with it except for recording that video.