Archers are balanced?

• So i’m new to this game, just purchased it a few days ago. I’m pretty sure this post will be neglected and crapped on, but I just wanted to post this anyways. I noticed archer’s can’t out run a player with 2 handed weapons or at least evade attacks. Players who use 2 Handed weapons don’t lose stamina when sprinting. You can’t even block with your bow. No traps to slow your enemies, nothing to blind your victim. Some players like to only use bows nothing else. I’ve been playing a lot of free for all and team death match and noticed archers have extremely low scores compared to those who uses pole arms and long swords. This is not a complaint, it’s observation. Ya, again i’m new so what do i know?

• We need a buff for archers. If you play public you can notice that some players are still not playing archers. This needs to change. Now. Buff archers. Give them free velociraptors at spawn.

• Yeah archers utterly need buffs at the moment. I mean what the hell? There still exist some ranged weapons that cannot one shot knights.

I’m not asking for every bow and crossbow to be able to one shot with a hit at the feet (though it would really be great and deserved), but can we at least get a triple range for bows and javelins, and projectiles that can go through people so it is possible to hit several players at once? Also it’s so stupid that we cannot parry with bows or crossbows. I heard people telling that to parry is not to block, only to redirect a weapon. Why can’t I redirect a weapon with the string of my bow? Sounds legit to me.

This is medieval warfare guys. And in medieval time the archers were ruling the battlefield. So please buff them, for christ’s sake. I have not bought this game to get into melee fights.

• @xephora:

So i’m new to this game, just purchased it a few days ago. I’m pretty sure this post will be neglected and crapped on, but I just wanted to post this anyways. I noticed archer’s can’t out run a player with 2 handed weapons or at least evade attacks. Players who use 2 Handed weapons don’t lose stamina when sprinting. You can’t even block with your bow. No traps to slow your enemies, nothing to blind your victim. Some players like to only use bows nothing else. I’ve been playing a lot of free for all and team death match and noticed archers have extremely low scores compared to those who uses pole arms and long swords. This is not a complaint, it’s observation. Ya, again i’m new so what do i know?

Just the way it is. You have to work on gauging the speed they are closing in so you can switch to your secondary before they clobber you. Trying to get a last minute arrow off usually means certain death.

Although it is painful once you unlock the cudgel it is a decent weapon and you can often run around the side of your opponent, dodge their attack and knock them out with a strike to the temple.

Archery is not easy by any means but a good archer can get to the top of the leaderboard - there are some but not many good archers.

• The problem with archers at the moment is how buggy ranged is….not uncommon for more than 33% of my arrows to disappear entirely (as in noclip thru people I clearly hit) and do nothing. If I play on small servers or singleplayer I am amazed at how many more things I hit simply because it doesn’t bug out nearly as much.

Also hilarious is when the arrow stops because the arrow hit the shield, on the other side of their body. So, you know, the shield they carried on their left side blocked an arrow from the right. Ok, thanks Chivalry.

If they fixed this I think Archery would generally be fine. As it is, if you want to score well the other team needs to be crappy at dodging, or you need to backstab a lot. Warbow needs a bit of a nerf, and the shortbow needs a big buff (as does sling), then things would be fine.

• @delta:

We need a buff for archers. If you play public you can notice that some players are still not playing archers. This needs to change. Now. Buff archers. Give them free velociraptors at spawn.

WTF?
    If you said a bow shooting velociraptors, now that would be interesting…

I noticed archer’s can’t out run a player with 2 handed weapons

No one can escape anyone, there is chasing mechanics giving 20 % speed bonus if you are chasing someone. However if you manage to get out of their crosshair (not running in totally straight line), you can escape.

• @xephora:

So i’m new to this game, just purchased it a few days ago. I’m pretty sure this post will be neglected and crapped on, but I just wanted to post this anyways. I noticed archer’s can’t out run a player with 2 handed weapons or at least evade attacks. Players who use 2 Handed weapons don’t lose stamina when sprinting. You can’t even block with your bow. No traps to slow your enemies, nothing to blind your victim. Some players like to only use bows nothing else. I’ve been playing a lot of free for all and team death match and noticed archers have extremely low scores compared to those who uses pole arms and long swords. This is not a complaint, it’s observation. Ya, again i’m new so what do i know?

I win ffa as archer, just need to take your blade sometime, people that keep bow till the end make archer look bad…

• what I hate about archery is when someone clearly miss his shot, then I die 2-3 sec afet of walking in the past arrow trajectory….BUT when I shoot knight holding a shield in the knee, most of the time the arrow get blocked even if I hit the leg or goes between his leg!?

• @Mgqc:

what I hate about archery is when someone clearly miss his shot, then I die 2-3 sec afet of walking in the past arrow trajectory….BUT when I shoot knight holding a shield in the knee, most of the time the arrow get blocked even if I hit the leg or goes between his leg!?

Like I said above, the ranged hit detection is awful in this game. I’ve had this happen a lot too.

• I see your point, so mainly deal with it. Just die or try to last second shot. Thanks for that input. Lesson learned, just don’t play archery. Got it.

• Defeatist attitude.

If you dont have the heavy xbow or the warbow you are missing out, those weapons are pretty good if you are good at judging how far ahead to shoot at a moving target.

• I see your point, so mainly deal with it. Just die or try to last second shot. Thanks for that input. Lesson learned, just don’t play archery. Got it.

Archer is a very skillfull and fun way to play a medieval melee game. You need time to master all the subtilities like shooting at the enemies for instance. Spend more time on it !

• @delta:

I see your point, so mainly deal with it. Just die or try to last second shot. Thanks for that input. Lesson learned, just don’t play archery. Got it.

Archer is a very skillfull and fun way to play a medieval melee game. You need time to master all the subtilities like shooting at the enemies for instance. Spend more time on it !

This isn’t helping because the ranged game is bugged enough to discourage a lot of people, including people who really do well with (and enjoy) the Archer class. Yes, it takes practice, but the class is also buggy as hell.

• rofl, Just get rid of the class all together if you think ranged is bugged. Ten straight Free For All matches me and 4 other archers are 2,3,8kills average and 30 deaths at the end of the game as an archer and melee class get like 37-40 kills. This is a normal bases, i’m playing a lot I see it. I haven’t seen a pro archer yet. Archers are too powerful because it’s unfair against melee players right? Even though melee players they have positive and geater scores always. What does this matter anyways, who cares about ranged class right? trashed class, discouraged and ya buggy. How about a re-work instead of discouraging players from using archers? Also, i’m curious, since i’m new and all… Can someone record a video of someone playing pro in a free for all or duel as an archer? You know, someone who had a year of practice. I just want to compare notes, i don’t see any on youtube yet.

• A good warbow archer is a monster. It must be said though - nothing else even remotely compares to its effectiveness. The other bows and all the crossbows pale in comparison to its combined power and flexibility, and don’t even get me started on javelins or the sling. It doesn’t shock me one bit to hear someone finding archer weak when they first start playing it. You’ll be fine once you get the one weapon capable of competing on a truly even level with the rest of the classes in the game.

• @Dick:

A good warbow archer is a monster. It must be said though - nothing else even remotely compares to its effectiveness. The other bows and all the crossbows pale in comparison to its combined power and flexibility, and don’t even get me started on javelins or the sling. It doesn’t shock me one bit to hear someone finding archer weak when they first start playing it. You’ll be fine once you get the one weapon capable of competing on a truly even level with the rest of the classes in the game.

Ya, but again, Archer with plenty of “experienceshould be able to output damage with all ranged weapons of choice. I’d like to see someone on video or someone you know who actually did well as an archer in a free for all or duel. I don’t care so much about team matches since you have some support from your teammates, but if you are alone by your-self, it is a promised death. Regardless, when it comes down to it, you do have a score board. The score at the end of the game will always end up with bad results as an archer.

• In duels or FFA, you are pretty much getting the short end of the stick anyways. Those maps rob archer of their ability to engage at significant range, warbow or not. I’m not sure there’s any solution to those, but you should be fine in every other mode.

• @Dick:

In duels or FFA, you are pretty much getting the short end of the stick anyways. Those maps rob archer of their ability to engage at significant range, warbow or not. I’m not sure there’s any solution to those, but you should be fine in every other mode.

This.

Archer has low armor and weak melee, what do you expect to happen in ffa with melee everywhere on the map in close quarters? Archer has much less room to play, but it is very do-able to get top as an archer in ffa. I’ve done it many times, even in full 32 man arena. You just have to be on target, know who to shoot and when, and be ready to switch to melee at any moment. Archer has probably the highest skill ceiling in the game, it just takes lots of practice. In team objectives you have team support and it is much easier, but ffa is some of the best and most intense practice for an archer there is IMO.

• Dear Developers!

When I play with an archer and I have a crossbow or a bow equipped and I want to switch to my secondary weapon really fast (sword or dagger) and I move backwards I must stop walking to be able to switch to secondary weapon, and the switching when it sometimes work as move backwards, its really really slow and very annoying. Make better/faster weapon swaps please to secondary w. Thx! The game in really fun!

• Clearly they should provide archers with some sort of automatic arrow shooting device that can shoot 10 arrows consecutively without needing to be reloaded. I mean all you guys do is stand in the back and TK half of the time, why not make it even easier?

(EDIT - Oh, and these arrows should probably explode when they hit anything)

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.