Fast parry bug

• bah

• I thought this was pretty funny too, at the moment slower weapons should ALWAYS be comboing

• it costs stamina as hell to first miss and then combo and feintparry.

It’s a panic manouver and its extremely hard to regain the uper hand after performing it because of the stamina loss. Just be aggressive after your opponent does this and don’t let him regen stamina… this is true whenever you have stamina advantage tbh.

Imo it should stay, because the game would lose alot of dynamic if it was removed, it feels a bit static at times as it is even now depending on who you are playing against ^^

• @kywild:

it costs stamina as hell to first miss and then combo and feintparry.

It’s a panic manouver and its extremely hard to regain the uper hand after performing it because of the stamina loss. Just be aggressive after your opponent does this and don’t let him regen stamina… this is true whenever you have stamina advantage tbh.

Imo it should stay, because the game would lose alot of dynamic if it was removed, it feels a bit static at times as it is even now depending on who you are playing against ^^

Nah, it’s a pretty cheap move. Many pros advocate it because you can’t die when you use it often. I do it myself and it feels pretty cheap. If you misjudged distance or missed a swing, you should be punished. You shouldn’t be allowed to instantly block after you miss your swing.

Stamina doesn’t really mean anything when everyone dies in 2-3 hits. I don’t even think about stamina in 90% of fights and duels.

• @kywild:

Lol its actually a tool to gain the upper hand AND to avoid being punished for missing. Its retardedly easy to do and takes alot of skill from the duels and the only real way to counter it is with a feint, now if your enemy misses and you use it do your advantage you should be rewarded for it and not have to feint again lol

its extremely cheap : enemy overheads -> you know its not going to hit you and immediatly overhead so you can get a free hit due to your enemy missing (thats how it should be , rewarding learning the weapon ranges and footwork) -> instead he gets a parry because of a bug

this bug also punishes kiting alot, if you get the scenario above you will understand why

alot of dynamic i guess

• @CRUSHED:

@kywild:

Lol its actually a tool to gain the upper hand AND to avoid being punished for missing. Its retardedly easy to do and takes alot of skill from the duels and the only real way to counter it is with a feint, now if your enemy misses and you use it do your advantage you should be rewarded for it and not have to feint again lol

its extremely cheap : enemy overheads -> you know its not going to hit you and immediatly overhead so you can get a free hit due to your enemy missing (thats how it should be , rewarding learning the weapon ranges and footwork) -> instead he gets a parry because of a bug

this bug also punishes kiting alot, if you get the scenario above you will understand why

alot of dynamic i guess

I just can’t see losing half my stamina as a way to “gain the upper hand”. Vs shit opponents perhaps, but vs a good opponent where the fight doesnt end after 2 seconds its not. I use combo parrys very rarely and it depends alot on my opponents playstyle.

And since it does cost a substantial amount of extra stamina I dont even consider it a bug.

• @kywild:

I just can’t see losing half my stamina as a way to “gain the upper hand”. Vs shit opponents perhaps, but vs a good opponent where the fight doesnt end after 2 seconds its not. I use combo parrys very rarely and it depends alot on my opponents playstyle.

And since it does cost a substantial amount of extra stamina I dont even consider it a bug.

maybe gaining the upper hand is a unfortunate choice of words but its definetly a tool to get yourself in the turn of attacking and i know there are some very very good players who only use it for this reason (besides the parry to avoid fail ofcourse) and thats why i cant really take the stamina argument any serious, especially when being used on 3 shot weapons such as flanged mace and stamina not even being a big factor in duels without shields.

its a bug and should be fixed simple as that. its not intended being able to avoid recovery times.

was combo feinting norse sword stabs fine because it took alot of stamina?

• I dunno, i just can’t consider this to be a bug… it’s very very far from a flatout exploit, or even a glitch since its pretty intuitive that it should work that way…

• @boomandvibe:

@kywild:

Nah, it’s a pretty cheap move. Many pros advocate it because you can’t die when you use it often. I do it myself and it feels pretty cheap. If you misjudged distance or missed a swing, you should be punished. You shouldn’t be allowed to instantly block after you miss your swing.

Stamina doesn’t really mean anything when everyone dies in 2-3 hits. I don’t even think about stamina in 90% of fights and duels.

only the case when you fight unskilled players, a duel that lasts > 20-30 seconds and stamina means alot if both players are aggressive.

• It is a bug, and should be fixed asap. :)

• @KONGEN:

It is a bug, and should be fixed asap. :)

I don’t see how it’s a bug when it’s expected to work that way. But if you want to remove combo feints, I don’t think many will agree with you. Except the people that want feints removed all together.

• @kywild:

@KONGEN:

I don’t see how it’s a bug when it’s expected to work that way. But if you want to remove combo feints, I don’t think many will agree with you. Except the people that want feints removed all together.

you are not supposed to bypass recovery times thus its not expected to work that way. noone said anything of removing combo feints. almost everything you said in this thread “i like this bug, dont fix it”.

the devs know about this already anyway so its useless to debate if its a bug or not even when it clearly is

• @kywild:

@KONGEN:

no one should be allowe to bypass recovery times. there also should be a recovery time if you hit the ground or wall. feint can stay but you should be punished if you miss a swing

• So you’re saying you should only be able to feint the first attack in a combo and not any of the subsequent attacks? Seems decent to me.

• int | bada: is “combo-feint-to-parry” an exploit
    SlyGoat: no

• ^is confusing me now…

18:53 - -VK- Crushed: will it ever be fixed?
    18:53 - SlyGoat: next patch

how is a bug that is breaking the basic of combat (miss -> hit) and that makes spears and weapons that rely on the small window of recovery time utterly useless in 5on5 not an exploit :S?

btw this bug also works exactly the same how you can exploit the bearded axe, except with parry.

an solution could be to keep combofeints but just adjust the time where you can parry again to the normal parry recovery time after a combo so you could not shorten it.

• That you may perfom a such move as attacking, preparing a combo but feinting / canceling the attack then parry is something that should probably stay available in the game to perfom, although it should be tweaked so that you may perhaps not perfom a counter-attack move IF you do a “feint parry” as most people refer it to. Although there is ONE thing I’m troubled with, is that you may with slow weapons attack once, prepare a combo then simply cancel it and attack again. You would attack much faster because you don’t have any recovery phase on your weapon, this can easily be fixed if this combo - feint put you in this sorta “Flinch” where you can only parry / block till your recovery timer phase as counted down. A lot of people abuse this with Two-handed blunt weapon.

This was never classified as a bug :-P

• Would be nice to see if combo feint was removed though.

• @wildwulfy:

That you may perfom a such move as attacking, preparing a combo but feinting / canceling the attack then parry is something that should probably stay available in the game to perfom, although it should be tweaked so that you may perhaps not perfom a counter-attack move IF you do a “feint parry” as most people refer it to. Although there is ONE thing I’m troubled with, is that you may with slow weapons attack once, prepare a combo then simply cancel it and attack again. You would attack much faster because you don’t have any recovery phase on your weapon, this can easily be fixed if this combo - feint put you in this sorta “Flinch” where you can only parry / block till your recovery timer phase as counted down. A lot of people abuse this with Two-handed blunt weapon.

This was never classified as a bug :-P

Totally agree.

@wildwulfy:

Would be nice to see if combo feint was removed though.

Not sure if that would be good (i want to spare my teammates sometimes :p).

• Not talking about feint to block lol but bypassing recovery times with combos wich lets you parry almost all the time wich is definetly not intended as it eliminates weapons that rely on the recovery time in teamplay (spears) and generally eliminates a big part of judging weapon ranges and such