Blunt weapons are more lethal than swords?

• Been playing as a knight for a long while now and I notice that blunt weapons has a bigger chance of popping heads than swords chopping heads off. I mean I can 1 hit kill someone with the maul or the war hammer, heads pops off easily but when I use the swords even though its a clear and clean head shot, its not a 1 hit kill or heads chopped off that easy… Is it intended that way or it’s just me?

• That’s because it has to be a ‘neck-shot’ to cut someone’s head off.

Hitting someone in the neck with a sword is harder to do than hitting someone in the head with a club.

• @GreaterAjax:

That’s because it has to be a ‘neck-shot’ to cut someone’s head off.

Hitting someone in the neck with a sword is harder to do than hitting someone in the head with a club.

I see…

• are you asking if blunt does more damage than slashing or what…

• blunt weapons are more effective against knights.

• To pop someones head off with a blunt weapon or a sword (or combo) the weapon has to hit the head with a killing blow. It isn’t so much hitting the neck, I’ve cut plenty of heads off with a sword when I slice the ear for instance, as long as the killing blow hits a limb/head.

For instance, try in duel mode carving up bodies. After you have defeated your opponent you can chop off their head if you slice their head. As long as it does not hit any other body part prior to hitting the head it’ll pop off. It may be you have to hit the ‘neck’ if so the neck hitbox is pretty generous.

Enjoy.

• @GreaterAjax:

That’s because it has to be a ‘neck-shot’ to cut someone’s head off.

@Toll:

To pop someones head off with a blunt weapon or a sword (or combo) the weapon has to hit the head with a killing blow. It isn’t so much hitting the neck, I’ve cut plenty of heads off with a sword when I slice the ear for instance, as long as the killing blow hits a limb/head.

This answer my question. Thanks guys