Fixing the replay/demo-feature

• As you might know there is a replay feature in the game which is broken (crashes, missing models, broken camera etc). However, Tornbanner don’t see a reason to fix it and say that it would be too much work for them.
    At first I was like “Oh well it sucks but let’s wait for the modtools then.” But now I found a line in the .ini files called “DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver”. For Unreal there is a mod/tool called udemo that uses this exact line for the install. You just have to change it from “Engine.DemoRecDriver” to “udemo.uDemoDriver”.

So my question/request for the coders in this forum: Is it possible to make your own demo-driver?

• The SDK is here, time to bump this up

• this would be really great for the comp scene

we would no longer have to solely rely on streams to look at things in detail

• I think every competitive game should have a functional replay feature integrated. It is such a commodity for learning and observing different tactics. Games like SC2, TF2, Battlefield of old with the battlerecorder (BF4?) COD, and Halo all have working replays which I think help them expand and focus their communities quite a bit.

Also it is a great marketing tool to have people that don’t use fraps to potentially share their moments with the public.

• @Sidewinder:

I think every competitive game should have a functional replay feature integrated. It is such a commodity for learning and observing different tactics. Games like SC2, TF2, Battlefield of old with the battlerecorder (BF4?) COD, and Halo all have working replays which I think help them expand and focus their communities quite a bit.

Also it is a great marketing tool to have people that don’t use fraps to potentially share their moments with the public.

Well according to frankie BF4 will probably have battle recorder.

• Hopefully this will be done in promod. Of course it would be better to have it fixed in the main game, but I doubt that TB will ever do it (maybe if it’s fixed in promod and they give the code to TB…?)