Game is totally ruined

• Sorry but, honestly, each damn patch makes this game worse

I remember GREAT times I had in beta, game felt A LOT, i mean A LOT MORE stable than now.
    Except those lag issues/desyncing and some quick weapons etc. They ALL were manageable. The balance back then was sooooooo much better.

Almost every duel I engage now, theres a 50% change that i die due to random bugs.
    Mostly happens with those fucking 1h. I perfectly parry those clusterfucked 1h weapons by idiotic 90 degree, AND STILL GET HIT. And no my friend, both my enemy and me have a stable 30-50 ping
    Not to count the other billions of bugs and more each patch

Each duel, 50% someone of us gets killed because of some stupid shit the devs came up with.

I really dont want to know what the next patch brings us. I really dont want to know. Its already taking over 2 damn months, so i could imagine how bad it gets

• The next patch is focusing on bug fixes rather than content. I’m sure things will be quite a bit better. Also, they’re working on getting a physical studio and stuff, so the work will be a bit slower for a bit, then it should be much more efficient. :)

• the game aint ruined your just bad >____>

• more like bad game + bad players = broken game

• I don’t get why people always bring up the 1hander face hugging issue. I mean, yes, it does suck from time to time but it’s just as prevalent with 2handers and if they overhead at that range then there is no way to block it because there is a restriction on how high your character can look up. At least 1handers, you can still block them by turning the 160 degrees needed.

• It surprises me how many people’s games are ruined. I haven’t had any issues. Same fun I have always had. Perhaps I’m just better at adapting and not one to complain about every single little thing. Let’s start more threads on this issue too. This is fun!

GOOD TIMES! xD

• @Knack972:

the game aint ruined your just bad >____>

This. Although I’m pretty sure something is up with the falchion and the whole “having to spin 230 degrees to block it” thing.

• Why are you even letting them get into facehug range?
    Why are you not face hugging them?

Everything they can do to you, you can do to them. Get yourself into the situation where YOU have the control, not them. Hence why a lot of fights are decided early in the bout, sure it may take a few swings to get an official win, however if you have lost control of the fight from the beginning you are going to find it very hard to win without a lucky blow.

Do you ever watch higher rank players play? How we move about just outside of each others range, sometimes this can go on for quite some time waiting for the opponent to misstep so we can take control…

• @Kimiko:

It surprises me how many people’s games are ruined. I haven’t had any issues. Same fun I have always had. Perhaps I’m just better at adapting and not one to complain about every single little thing. Let’s start more threads on this issue too. This is fun!

GOOD TIMES! xD

Are you serious? I’m still enjoying the game but unfortunate for me that last patch screw alot of things in my game. Very rare I enter in a server I can play without major issues, I mean I only remember 3 or 4 times since the patch I could play and the game felt like it was before the patch, but never last for more than 15mins or so till the server start acting weird again. Really hope they fix the game on this patch.

• What has ruined this game is the exploits - look down bs, etc. That’s what has propelled so many people to high ranks so quickly, despite the fact that they use the old hackers mantra “you’re just not very good”.

Too bad; it was a great game while it lasted.

• I’m rank 44 I don’t use the lookdown method, mainly because I figure it will be fixed and also because it is a pain in the arse to perform (particularly when time pressed) without a fair amount of practice.

You know it is there, so do something about it besides cry. Use a shield, step to the side, stab their windup, stay out of range. Plenty of options, so learn and adapt.

• @intrepid:

What has ruined this game is the exploits - look down bs, etc. That’s what has propelled so many people to high ranks so quickly, despite the fact that they use the old hackers mantra “you’re just not very good”.

So if someone looks down to avoid a swing, they’re a hacker? How many unfounded conclusions are you going to make in one thread?

• @Kimiko:

It surprises me how many people’s games are ruined. I haven’t had any issues. Same fun I have always had. Perhaps I’m just better at adapting and not one to complain about every single little thing. Let’s start more threads on this issue too. This is fun!

GOOD TIMES! xD

Agreed… it took me, what? … A day of playing to figure out the different changes in the game??

Have no real issues myself and if someone does one thing, I know of two or three ways to counter them… if not, I figure one out soon enough.

Every time I see one of these threads, I just shake my head… especially when they have in the thread titled “Ruined”

First thing I think of is Stewie saying “Wu’rined”

Chivalry is Wu’rined!!!

THE WHOLE THING IS WU’RINED!!!

@intrepid:

What has Wu’rined this game is the exploits - look down bs, etc. That’s what has propelled so many people to high ranks so quickly, despite the fact that they use the old hackers mantra “you’re just not very good”.

Uh-huh…. :?

Yes, it’s all exploits… or hackers and it all justifies you even more when people tell you you’re not very good (when in most cases it’s probably true)

I do quite well in Duels and am only really challenged by 2-3 specific players in my area of the world…… yet I have no need to look’down-overhead attack anybody or spam feint or whatever poor-excuse-exploit-argument-rant-complaint-crapmoan thing someone can find a reason to complain about.

Someone plays as a Vanguard and M1 spams a Halbred at me the whole time and I club them with an M1-Overhead combo, followed with a finishing thrust… and then bitches to me about M1 spamming him the whole time.

Sorry, half the complainers of this game I simply can’t take seriously because even though 87.68% of all statistics are made up on the spot, 98% of these people are full of sh*t and simply don’t know how to play well, let alone adapt to change.

Oh noes… I guess me saying that makes me some sort of Boogie Man Hacker Exploit Demon!!! :o

• If you are unable to see the obvious flaws in this game then I’d advise you to see a doctor.

There seems to be a lot of people in denial in this thread, this forum in general.
    Attacks go through shields, like it or not, attacks in general have a good chance of saying “fuck your block” and smack you in the face regardless. Furthermore paper-swords are not uncommon, seeing a sword go straight through your face and not deal any damage (also making you waste a block) is just silly.
    overhead+look-down wouldn’t be so retarded if this game actually had decent visual feedback, but it’s clunky at best. Also the main reason why feints are so strong, just use a 1-hander - it’s down to luck whetever or not you call the right decission.

inb4 “hurr baddie”
    I’m rank 42 - and I see these flaws everytime I play.

• Threads like this are so pathetic.

Either adapt and continue having fun like almost everyone else has, or uninstall the game and rest your head on something soft.

We don’t need people like you making threads like this and needlessly clogging up the forums with your negativity.

Loved the game when I first played it, love it now. If you don’t, don’t play.

• Nice statement, adds nothing to the thread, at all. I’d like to believe it’s people like you who brings the game down.

Dying to bugs is not fun, and never will be.

• @Cowbie:

Nice statement, adds nothing to the thread, at all. I’d like to believe it’s people like you who brings the game down.

Dying to bugs is not fun, and never will be.

We should be thankful they are focusing on bug fixes this patch.

• Yup I am pretty much quitting the game now.

There is just no competitive element to this game now whatsoever. I can either go into TO, and kill some noobs - sure, thats fun, but the satisfaction quickly wears off - or I can go into duel mode where I will be met with nothing but either 1h feint users, feint spammers or people who I will beat easily. It’s too rare that I would meet a fellow 2h user who doesn’t rely on either feint spamming or combo feinting in order to boost their permanent stats.

Game has been ruined by the lack of attention to serious, gamebreaking issues. If they’re going to upgrade to a physical studio, fine. But for the love of God don’t do it when you have so many vital things that need to be fixed to make this game playable. You could have had a really, really good game here; I fear you have waited too long to sort the issues out.

• @Bloodhead:

Yup I am pretty much quitting the game now.

There is just no competitive element to this game now whatsoever. I can either go into TO, and kill some noobs - sure, thats fun, but the satisfaction quickly wears off - or I can go into duel mode where I will be met with nothing but either 1h feint users, feint spammers or people who I will beat easily. It’s too rare that I would meet a fellow 2h user who doesn’t rely on either feint spamming or combo feinting in order to boost their permanent stats.

Game has been ruined by the lack of attention to serious, gamebreaking issues. If they’re going to upgrade to a physical studio, fine. But for the love of God don’t do it when you have so many vital things that need to be fixed to make this game playable. You could have had a really, really good game here; I fear you have waited too long to sort the issues out.

Did you thought about posting this, before I (and the other guy with 2h) fucked you up or after in duel mode?

• Ruined would imply it was complete, 100%, at some point. That’s not the case. Exploits, hacks, cheap tactics, all that aside, this game hardly functions as software.