Chivalry is slowly dying

• Today I went on chiv, and noticed all of the servers are empty, except for a few. This wasn’t the case when the game came out, servers were full of people back then. You guys have to do something before this game dies. :(

EDIT: I stand corrected… I went into a server with 0 players and it was full of people… Shitty server browser :\

• No no, please don’t post these topics. Too many people post these. Chivalry isn’t dying nor is it even close to dying. People also play at varying times and it’s bound to be a lot less during peak school/work hours. Weekends and breaks are going to be packed up.

And as you said the stupid server browser. Once it’s fixed (if it ever magically will be, because it likes to fight back), then hopefully all our silly issues (with the browser and player count) will be resolved.

• @Ho_BoY:

Today I went on chiv, and noticed all of the servers are empty, except for a few. This wasn’t the case when the game came out, servers were full of people back then. You guys have to do something before this game dies. :(

EDIT: I stand corrected… I went into a server with 0 players and it was full of people… Shitty server browser :\

Actually quite the opposite, the peak concurrent for today is 2,500 already and its a Tuesday school day and only 1pm EST.

The server browser is crap as we all know, the alternate browser is better but even it only brings back between 231 and 600+ servers. FYI that issue is on the steam side, its not a client side issue (as far as I can tell).

Anyway population is healthy, just spread around on servers you cant see. When the alternate browser does bring back all the servers then the total players matches the steam stats.

• I’ll bring the bagpipes to herald it’s passing.

• @gregcau:

everything you said etc

+1

• dont worry guys the new patch will be coming out next fall and it will fix everything

• There are more people playing Chivalry right now than Blacklight Retribution or LOTRO or Star trek online or age of empires online or… well, you get the idea.

This game isn’t dying, but the initial influx of energy from launch and the free weekend died down. That’s normal. As the game gets updated more, goes on sale a few more times, maybe with a few more free weekends… that will pump all the life it will need. Hopefully the competitive scene will really kick off when there’s more polish.

• The only part that’s dying is me. Long work hours and the itch to play makes for a long day.

• @Killorder:

The only part that’s dying is me. Long work hours and the itch to play makes for a long day.

I hear you brother. Add in a broken computer and you have one heck of a lesson in patience on your hands. :hopel:

• Well the player stats is short one player, ie: ME.

I just spent the long weekend moving house and I’m with no internet at home until the 18th, thus I won’t be playing before then.

I miss Canadian ISP’s…. I’d call them up, set it all up over the phone and a guy would be there to hook everything up within 24 hours of the call… two days max… here in Australia, I’m looking at a week or more before they deliver the gear… and then I have to hook it all up myself, which isn’t a big deal really, but the wait is annoying.

And with Telstra, whom I was with previously, just to switch addresses and nothing else, they were going to charge me $70.

70 Bucks just to click a few fk’n keys on the keyboard? I was going to be doing the hook up of the modem and such in the first place, I should be charging them ffs. So we just figured screw it… cancel their plan and go with someone a hell of a lot cheaper + avoid the $70 fee.

fk’n BS.

What’s my point?

I like stories. 8-)

Besides… War of the Roses is doing a hell of a lot worse.

• Hots came out dude. There is gonna be a lull when major online games come out.

• I’ve also been playing more Arma 3. It’s a phase. These things happen. Another free weekend will come by and everyone will complain about the nubs and slash spam all over again. It’s a never ending cycle!

• @Cpt-Praxius:

Besides… War of the Roses is doing a hell of a lot worse.

Yeah, like few week ago. I was playing in 50-70 ping server with bunch of people and fun.

This week, I was force to play in 200+ ping server. They are also making weapon pack for players.