Max difficulty for bots & gore level?

• in the udk.game ini
    does any 1 know what the max dificulty setting is for bots ? and if that is the right spot to edit it?

[Engine.GameInfo]
    DefaultGame=AOC.AOCGame
    DefaultServerGame=AOC.AOCGame
    bAdminCanPause=false
    MaxPlayers=25
    GameDifficulty=?.???
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GoreLevel=3
    can this be set higher than 3 for more blood?

sum help or input would be much appreciated, thanks!

• Wow, this was posted in Jan. and no one else has been wanting the answer. I’ve been wondering the same thing.

• Somehow I doubt there is a setting that increases artificial intelligence. Its hard enough as it is to program AI.

• no not increasing their ai, just if theres a setting to make them harder,ie difuculty level and what about the gore level also ?
    would be nice if the moderators could help us out, or sum 1 that actualy knows whats possible, this post is almost a month old with no help from any 1

• @WARSAW:

no not increasing their ai, just if theres a setting to make them harder,ie difuculty level and what about the gore level also ?
    would be nice if the moderators could help us out, or sum 1 that actualy knows whats possible, this post is almost a month old with no help from any 1

My guess is moderators aren’t posting because they don’t know anything to help you.

Its pretty unlikely the devs programmed a different set of gore level. Maybe they put a configuration in the settings in thoughts around creating a PG13 setting but thats a lot of animation work for little return.

No reply generally means they cant help you because there is no such configuration.

• @WARSAW:

in the udk.game ini
    does any 1 know what the max dificulty setting is for bots ? and if that is the right spot to edit it?

[Engine.GameInfo]
    DefaultGame=AOC.AOCGame
    DefaultServerGame=AOC.AOCGame
    bAdminCanPause=false
    MaxPlayers=25
    GameDifficulty=?.???
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GoreLevel=3
    can this be set higher than 3 for more blood?

sum help or input would be much appreciated, thanks!

I’m sorry I havent seen this before, but no this is not the setting to edit the bots in your server. If I’m correct you have to have a place to edit the bots for various mode settings.

[UTGame.UTGame]
    BotRatio=1.000000
    GoalScore=25
    bTournament=false
    bPlayersMustBeReady=false
    NetWait=15
    ClientProcessingTimeout=30
    RestartWait=30
    MinNetPlayers=1
    bWaitForNetPlayers=true
    LateEntryLives=1
    TimeLimit=20
    GameDifficulty=+5.0
    EndTimeDelay=4.000000
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTVehicleCTFGame_Content",Maps=("VCTF-Necropolis","VCTF-SandStorm"))
    bLogGameplayEvents=false
    bForceRespawn=False
    ServerSkillLevel=0
    MapCycleIndex=6
    ```In the code above I think you can test around with how many bots you want at BotRatio=1.0000
    And I think at in the line GameDifficulty=+5.0 is a way to increase the level of the bots?

[BotSkill_Common UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
    OptionSet=Common
    DataStoreMarkup= utgamesettings:botskillbReadOnlyCombo=1

[NumBots_Common UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
    OptionSet=Common
    DataStoreMarkup= utgamesettings:numbotsOptionType=UTOT_Slider
    RangeData=(MinValue=0.0,MaxValue=15.0,bIntRange=1,NudgeValue=1.0,CurrentValue=4.0)</utgamesettings:numbots></utgamesettings:botskill>