Two more factions.

• Hey there people,

Me and a couple of friends were thinking on the possiblity of new factions been added to Chivalry. I belive it would be a really nice implement, for only 2 factions can get a little bit boring after some time. As for suggestions, I got some for their concept and also for new game modes.

Factions:

3rd Faction

Highland

Lore: The faction known as Highland is formed by the numerous left for dead soldiers who emerged from forsaken battlefields. People who were exiled, betrayed by their nation and greedy kings they seek revenge on both Agatha and Mason as mercenaries looking for their own wealth and desires. They praise no king, nor kingdom. They fight in union, leaderlessly, for hierarchy is nothing but tirany.
    Outfit: Heavily covered with cloths and cloaks, hiding great part of the face and showing no insignia at all. Vanguards have their armor plates coming from underneath the cloths and Knights have their fullplate most viseble with a dark scarf/cloak covering their back a bit.
    Colours: Black and Orange. [I’m not too good with colours, so feel free to suggest diferent ones!]
    Warcries/Taunts: “Behold! As I’ll teardown your hopes!” ; “We unite to bring down these veils of delusion!” (perhaps something less… “educated”? As they’re mercenaries I think a ruder tone would be very well fitting).

4th Faction

Damacia

Lore: The soldiers from Damacia travelled miles through both sea and land in order to claim lands for their own kingdom. For long they wandered and their hopes began to crumble… On a fated day… these soldiers encountered a glimpse of light on their dark road as they saw men fighting each other by the gates of a castle surrounded in flames. A land emerged in caos? Two factions killing each other for ownership of the land? What better opportunity could the Damacians wish for? They charged forth, shouting their beloved nation’s name laying waste to any who remained in their way. This news was heard all over their ranks and soon echoed into their king’s ear. Damacia now strives to gain power over the lands of both Agatha and Mason.
    Outfit: Fairly more elegant armor as well as ornaments on their piece of cloth, showing the power of a wealthy kingdom. Their helmets have ornaments as well (perhaps wings?) that represents their nation’s sigil.
    Colors: Colors which represent wealth and royalty.
    Warcries/Taunts: “Damaciaaaaaaa!!” ; “We fight for our nation, we fight for our king, we fight for gloooooooooooory!!!” ; etc. (if their accent could have an air of superiority as they shout and scream it would add a lot to their backstory).
    Comments: Even though I don’t even play League of Legends I know that there is a very known champion that yells “Demaciaaa” as one of his lines, that could prove to be more of a pain due to copyrights or something like that, but it would be a nice easteregg, for the shout sounds very good. The name can always be changed anyway.

Gamemodes:

Finders, Takers

This mode would consist of Highland players raiding cities and important buildings of both Mason and Agatha. There would be plenty of diferent lootable things, like jewels, pottery, paitings, relics, and the sorts. Players would raid a city by nightfall and enter buildings looting whatever is valuable, burning structures and the opposite team is supposed to stop them. Some items would grant more points than others and these should be defended by the defending team.

This mode could use a determined objetive, steal X amount of X item or burn X amount of structures or even steal X item from the throne (the crown maybe) whithin a determined amount of time.

Each map would determinate if the Highlanders would be against the Masons or the Agathas.

Holy Grail

Each faction wants to be the first to reach the secret chamber where numerous rumors claim to be the hiding location of the Holy Grail, which would provide one with immortality. The players would be sorted equally between factions and all of them must pass through each other and many traps set along the way to the Grail’s chambers. Once in the chamber, the one with the Grail must return it safely to the starting point of his faction.

This mode could allow small and big groups of players, since it’ll have the advance-objective and fighting focus.

Another map with automated traps, why not? The snowy one with the giant indiana-stones is quite fun already.

Team Deathmatch

No real changes for this mode, just add the possibilty of choosing the other 2 factions, or even separate it by maps, like specific maps where the player must choose either Highland or Damacia (like it’s now with Mason and Agatha).

New maps:

It would be also a good idea to add new maps to fit the concept of the 2 new factions. These maps could use all of the already ingame modes, be it free for all, team deathmatch or even objectives.

Adding a little variation to the game.

Tl;Dr

2 new factions
    2 new game modes
    more maps
    variation

• If any new factions should be added it should be Tenosians.

• I want to be a Nudonian. (doraleous and associates) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 7F63715384

• Raptors should be a new faction.

• @akazi:

I want to be a Nudonian. (doraleous and associates) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 7F63715384

The Giegh Kingdom!!!

• @Frostgore:

Hey there people,

Me and a couple of friends were thinking on the possiblity of new factions being added to Chivalry. I belive it would be a really nice implement, for only 2 factions can get a little bit boring after some time. As for suggestions, I got some for their concept and also for new game modes.

I’d really like to see that happening, although most of the servers (at least the one I play on) are 24 or under player, so that would be the minimum to make things interesting in your holy grail mode.
    Other than that I’d love to see agathia versus highland maps (nice lore and theme, cloaks ftw !)

• @Kelrash:

@Frostgore:

Hey there people,

Me and a couple of friends were thinking on the possiblity of new factions being added to Chivalry. I belive it would be a really nice implement, for only 2 factions can get a little bit boring after some time. As for suggestions, I got some for their concept and also for new game modes.

I’d really like to see that happening, although most of the servers (at least the one I play on) are 24 or under player, so that would be the minimum to make things interesting in your holy grail mode.
    Other than that I’d love to see agathia versus highland maps (nice lore and theme, cloaks ftw !)

Twy already have the potential for a third faction and that’s the tenosians. They are already in the law and the reason behind the war.

• @lemonater47:

Twy already have the potential for a third faction and that’s the tenosians. They are already in the law and the reason behind the war.

Oh, I wasn’t aware of that, is there any artwork or clues about what they’d look like ?

• I had no idea about the Tenosians as well, lookikng into their ‘persian’ theme I’d say I don’t mind that my ideas won’t get implemented, as I said, those were suggestions.

Also, persians and mercenaries (on visuals… in my head at least) look quite alike.

• @Kelrash:

Oh, I wasn’t aware of that, is there any artwork or clues about what they’d look like ?

First time I heard of it as well. So I had to google around and I couldn’t find much. There are a few suggestion threads on this forum about how they should look, like one guy drawing own concept art for them (they look like saracens) and there’s minimal mention of it on the Chivalry wiki, like three sentences.

Anyways, I hope they differ a lot from the Masons. Because one suggestion thread said they would have likeness to the Masons because they already look similar, and I don’t think that at all. I think Masons has more like Northern + Eastern European influences. There’s a bit of viking in there, a bit of Saxon, a bit of Rus’, maybe some Vendel era, and even far east inspiration as Mongolian. So I wouldn’t want the Masons to look similar to this southern “saracen” faction (I’d actually like some more viking-stuff for Masons, whether it’s Scandinavian or Rus’)

• Damn, seems like you put alot of thought into this. I’m sure the devs admire the thought you put into this game, you clearly care what happends to this game. This idea seems like it would be far off, by that I mean a possibility or not that I would get implemented in the future. For now though, they are worried about fixing bugs. god only knows what’ll happen in the future.

• I thought bears were going to be a faction?

• @Slaughtervomit:

bears

bears were mentioned?

• There needs to be…

Swagatha.

• How about chinese fraction?
    All thier weapons should be katanas n shit and they should wear samurai armor.
    But the weapons are just skins so no unfairness

• I like Black and Gold as faction colors. The Black team would, of course, be bears.

[attachment=0:25w5v50b]Black and Gold Bears.jpg[/attachment:25w5v50b]
    I totally expect this new content to be delivered before the end of the summer, for free, and will bitch about it until it happens (/end sarcasm)

• @degunator123:

How about chinese fraction?

Katanas and samurais are japanese, not chinese.

• Would still be awsome to kill someone with a warlord katana (like 2 m katana)

• @SavageBeatings:

@degunator123:

How about chinese fraction?

Katanas and samurais are japanese, not chinese.

On the custom content page there is a Japanese mod coming along nicely. New maps new weapons two new Japanese factions and fully voiced characters. With a slightly tweaked combat system.

When the mod tools come out they can implement that in the game. They have most o the models and a map basically finished. Just waiting for mod tools. Its basically in a state too be implemented as it is.

Well, if you just like archers and untextured models running around.

• There should be a Saracen-type of faction. It’d be fun to get some Crusader vs. Mameluke and Jannissary battles going.