Servers need better maintenance

• More often I am noticing more often some Official Servers being down - they show up on the list but you cant connect to them.

And then there are the servers which become choppy - often mistaken for lag but you can tell it has a good ping, it is every player not just one lagger, you are fine on other servers, but that one is borked. I would guess something is going on at the physical server - perhaps a backup, overloaded, bandwidth hoggers or something.

Some automated maintenance would be nice to make sure each server is in good working order.

• @gregcau:

More often I am noticing more often some Official Servers being down - they show up on the list but you cant connect to them.

And then there are the servers which become choppy - often mistaken for lag but you can tell it has a good ping, it is every player not just one lagger, you are fine on other servers, but that one is borked. I would guess something is going on at the physical server - perhaps a backup, overloaded, bandwidth hoggers or something.

Some automated maintenance would be nice to make sure each server is in good working order.

It’s mainly Multiplay’s fault. Their control panel for managing multiple servers is horrible from what I hear.

• I think it’s all the server providers really. I mean you have to edit each server individually and manually restart each one. However, you can have the option to have the server restart at a certain time each day. That’s what we do for our servers, so that it keeps them running smoothly (as much as possible anyways).