Replace the Vanguard's Charge

• Replace the Vanguard’s charge mechanic with the Sword Throw (queue mystical chimes). When running at maximum speed you initiate the same charge animation, however, instead of doing a leaping jump attack that rarely hits anything at all, you’ll pivot on your heel in an arcing 360 spin (the sword will have an active hitbox during this spin that deals normal slash damage) and then release it as a projectile. During it’s projectile phase it will do 1000 damage and pass through multiple targets.

For visual aid, reference this video at 1:10 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690

I rest my case.

• The idea sounds really hilarious, but its also too overpowered for vanguard. So I’m against it.

• The charge is a piece of crap that needs to be removed completely from the game.

• I can’t stop laughing at this!

• @elitenoob:

The charge is a piece of crap that needs to be removed completely from the game.

I think it should be unblockable, then it would serve a purpose. Obviously the big swords would need their charge attack changed to an overhead strike.

Right now the charge only serves as a very loud backstab.

• I think it should be unblockable

Oh god no…

Please no!

OH THE HORROR

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

• You can still avoid it easily but a wall of vans coming at you would actually be scary. Offensive as fuck. Obviously the dmg values would need to be adjusted and some weapons would become incredibly useful.

• @Helgeran:

You can still avoid it easily but a wall of vans coming at you would actually be scary.

Hell yeah! Me wantings that!

• @Helgeran:

You can still avoid it easily but a wall of vans coming at you would actually be scary. Offensive as fuck.

Wouldn`t they just kill each other within a few seconds?

• @gregcau:

@Helgeran:

You can still avoid it easily but a wall of vans coming at you would actually be scary. Offensive as fuck.

Wouldn`t they just kill each other within a few seconds?

Lure them into a bottleneck and watch them TK the shit out of eachother.

EDIT:
    Was thinking of a cool Vanguard charge - imagine charging for a stab attack, with a two-handed sword or whatever. You don’t jump and then stab, but you drive the sword, with a half-sword grip, through the belly of the Agathian Man-at-Arms and throw him over your shoulder! Wouldn’t that look awesome? Of course, it would only have to happen if the enemy is low on health and he dies from the attack, I’d imagine getting up from a throw like that would be too much for the poor little MAA.

• You know how hitting people with 2 handers knock them back? Imagine a wall of vanguards super boosting each other with charge attacks when they hit each other with their swings. How horrifying. :P

• Tone down the damage and make it an overhead throw and I’ll be on board for it. I get TKed by the helicopters enough right now, no reason to give them a 360 swing.