The #1 HUGE problem with this game:

• Is that to block an attack, you have to put the middle of your screen @ the tip of your enemy’s weapon. I have no idea why it was designed like this because it just doesn’t make any intuitive sense, why would you have to look at the tip of the long sword, for instance, if its the body that’s about to hit you? This becomes a HUGE problem when face hugging since you have to look @ ridiculous angles to block the tip of the weapon, especially weapons like spears.

Blocking at the tip of a weapon only makes sense against a hammer or poleaxe or something, and even then, if you block the wood of the weapon, you generally block the entire weapon.

Also, why does a hatchet kill a knight and maa in the same number of hits as a longsword, the hell?
    2 handed weapons in general suck hot sex against 1 handers in duels other than things like vangaurd spears, since they are slow and often kill in the same number of hits as 1 handers.

• I also was thinking about this exact issue. Who parries by clashing the middle of your shaft to the tip of the enemy’s weapon?

Giggity

• Surprise, you don’t actually need to look at the tip
    Making sure any part of the attacker’s weapon hits your shield or parry before it hits you will get you a block

And because hatchets draw upon the great and terrible power of the mighty lumberjack race
    You don’t like that answer?
    Well fuck you

• This may be affected by the “consistency” changes in the new patch.

• You actually have to aim at whatever part of the weapon will hit you first. This does become a problem up close, however, where with smart weapon dragging it can be difficult to tell what point exactly the attack will land at. The fix Remixx mentioned will help a bit, but facehugging in general is something we’re going to take a seriously look at in the near future.

• People don’t problem solve these days. They just cry and blame it on the game.

When you block a face hugger its easy from there. They don’t expect to be blocked. If you have to turn your mouse a bit more to do so so be it. Its not hard.

• To block a face hugger you would have to block very early and look @ a very awkward angle, and thus randomness of feints are exaccerbated. I think some strikes while face hugging are completely unblockable as well.

And how do you solve the problem? Only devs can do that, we can’t do anything about it. Other than abuse it, but that’s just no fun so I’m just not playing :P

• Totaly unrelated to the game… it makes sense in RL actually. The tip is the part where u have to apply the least amount of force to block. You wouldn’t want to stop the weapon near the grip.

• @BB:

Surprise, you don’t actually need to look at the tip
    Making sure any part of the attacker’s weapon hits your shield or parry before it hits you will get you a block

And because hatchets draw upon the great and terrible power of the mighty lumberjack race
    You don’t like that answer?
    Well fuck you

Haha, if only this were true. Especially against 1h, this is incredibly false. Even today I would have trouble counting the times that I throw up a block and the enemy’s weapon goes right through the pixels of my own weapon

• @theuprising:

….stuff about blocking… 2 handed weapons in general suck hot shit against 1 handers in duels other than things like vangaurd spears, since they are slow and often kill in the same number of hits as 1 handers.

I might be the first one to ask this, and I know this is possible on a forum like this.

Can you guys (moderators/admins) please create funny wordfilters for all this cussing?
    I will admit, nothing will give me more pleasure than to see a raging ranter getting:

“2 handed weapons in general suck hot droppings” instead of that rubbish.

Sorry if this is selfish but i keep seeing alot of cuss in alot of rants which seems to be the majority of what people come here to do, so can we make it funny at least?

• @User:

@theuprising:

….stuff about blocking… 2 handed weapons in general suck hot shit against 1 handers in duels other than things like vangaurd spears, since they are slow and often kill in the same number of hits as 1 handers.

I might be the first one to ask this, and I know this is possible on a forum like this.

Can you guys (moderators/admins) please create funny wordfilters for all this cussing?
    I will admit, nothing will give me more pleasure than to see a raging ranter getting:

“2 handed weapons in general suck hot droppings” instead of that rubbish.

Sorry if this is selfish but i keep seeing alot of cuss in alot of rants which seems to be the majority of what people come here to do, so can we make it funny at least?

I can go with this. It would also be funny to have this in-game. XD